Palawan

One Health Pass QR Code - Who checks this?

16 posts in this topic

Just now, Palawan said:

So Korean Airlines is suppose to check it

I guess we shall see if that happens, thanks for the answer.

No, they do not.  the first line in Philippine entry is verifying your health status -  vaxx status, covid test,  check your temp, see if you require quarantine etc.   they use the OHP to validate your documents with what you have submitted.  When all is good, next line is immigration.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Palawan said:

So Korean Airlines is suppose to check it

I guess we shall see if that happens, thanks for the answer.

The airline has the responsibility to only board passengers who meet the required criteria for testing/ vax etc. They get a hefty fine if they board anyone who is subsequently refused because of failing to meet health requirements .. and the passenger is refused entry and turned straight around. They will check 

4 minutes ago, hunny&me said:

No, they do not.  the first line in Philippine entry is verifying your health status -  vaxx status, covid test,  check your temp, see if you require quarantine etc.   they use the OHP to validate your documents with what you have submitted.  When all is good, next line is immigration.

Gotcha

I see May 3rd they are getting a updated one health pass,  some are going to be selected to go thru express entry lanes upon arrival in the Philipppines.

4 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

The airline has the responsibility to only board passengers who meet the required criteria for testing/ vax etc. They get a hefty fine if they board anyone who is subsequently refused because of failing to meet health requirements .. and the passenger is refused entry and turned straight around. They will check 

I have talked to a few people who have recently traveled to Philipines most are not checked

5 minutes ago, Lirfita said:

They will check your one healthpass everytime youre going to check in. So usa, korea and when you land philippines. 

We Shall see, I highly doubt they will check in the USA since I am flying domestic first and then onto another USA city before going to Korea. And then onto Korea.  I suspect they may check on Korean Airlines but from reading the internet it seems as if they don't but I will be ready if they do. 

8 minutes ago, Palawan said:

Gotcha

I see May 3rd they are getting a updated one health pass,  some are going to be selected to go thru express entry lanes upon arrival in the Philipppines.

yes, they say it is more work for traveler to check, so we shall see.. your QR code, make it handy.. after you fillup with antigen info, screen shot QR code.. or print it..  I find it faster to present paper print than grabbing my phone out, trying to get it.  both airline i flew (united/ana) did not ask for it.. only vaxx card, covid test and passport.  I had it handy, in case they need to see it.  My next flight is in 2 weeks, so we shall see what's new.

Edited by hunny&me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Palawan said:

I have talked to a few people who have recently traveled to Philipines most are not checked

K. Thx. Have they been required to submit or link their documents to their flight booking ? Often that step eliminates the physical sighting at check in . 

Filed: Timeline
20 minutes ago, Palawan said:

We Shall see, I highly doubt they will check in the USA since I am flying domestic first and then onto another USA city before going to Korea. And then onto Korea.  I suspect they may check on Korean Airlines but from reading the internet it seems as if they don't but I will be ready if they do. 

My friend flew to Philippines last month she said they checked it in every check in she flew domestic first too. 

21 hours ago, hunny&me said:

yes, they say it is more work for traveler to check, so we shall see.. your QR code, make it handy.. after you fillup with antigen info, screen shot QR code.. or print it..  I find it faster to present paper print than grabbing my phone out, trying to get it.  both airline i flew (united/ana) did not ask for it.. only vaxx card, covid test and passport.  I had it handy, in case they need to see it.  My next flight is in 2 weeks, so we shall see what's new.

I leave in 2 weeks also

I will have my vaxxed card, covid test and passport in hand. I suspect this will be all I will need

Safe Travels, maybe I will see you in Manila airport, Take Care

I was in the Philippines a couple weeks ago. I was asked to show proof of a negative COVID test, and was verbally asked if I was vaccinated. After that it was business as usual. This was prior to boarding the plane to Manila. Once arrived, there was a small piece of paper I had to fill out stating my information and intentions there. I then proceeded to a booth where the QR code on the One Health paperwork was read, and then it was on to immigration. I do believe I was asked if I had the paperwork at some point before flying there, but never had to dig it out until I actually reached the checkpoint at NAIA. Enjoy your trip.

On 5/4/2022 at 12:03 AM, cross86 said:

I was in the Philippines a couple weeks ago. I was asked to show proof of a negative COVID test, and was verbally asked if I was vaccinated. After that it was business as usual. This was prior to boarding the plane to Manila. Once arrived, there was a small piece of paper I had to fill out stating my information and intentions there. I then proceeded to a booth where the QR code on the One Health paperwork was read, and then it was on to immigration. I do believe I was asked if I had the paperwork at some point before flying there, but never had to dig it out until I actually reached the checkpoint at NAIA. Enjoy your trip.

Nice

I have am getting travel insurance this weekend, and next saturday around noon I am getting my covid test and I depart Sunday morning around 6 am to Korea and then onto Manila.  Looking forward to the trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.