Palawan

Wearing FaceMask in Philippines

16 posts in this topic

During my recent stay there nobody seemed to bother anyone about it. Most everyone was compliant, but some had their masks below their nose or on their chin. Once away from the busy areas, some wore them outside but a lot did not. I masked up when I went inside a store or other busy area, but wearing one was annoying at times because of the heat/humidity.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, cross86 said:

During my recent stay there nobody seemed to bother anyone about it. Most everyone was compliant, but some had their masks below their nose or on their chin. Once away from the busy areas, some wore them outside but a lot did not. I masked up when I went inside a store or other busy area, but wearing one was annoying at times because of the heat/humidity.

+1

At malls, department stores, grocery stores, etc., you need a mask to get in the door and your temp will usually be checked. Inside those establishments you will find strict enforcement of masking by the private security.  Walking around the streets, enforcement is looser now but there is some enforcement.  Nobody seems to care much now if the mask is not worn properly.

In restos most people take them off right away.  At resorts, the resorts ask that you wear them while walking around, but enforcement is rare.

Basically, always have one on you, and if someone points out you are not wearing it, just say "Whoops, I forgot" and put it on.  Don't attempt to argue about it or you could be in hot water.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

On 5/4/2022 at 9:06 AM, seekingthetruth said:

At malls, department stores, grocery stores, etc., you need a mask to get in the door and your temp will usually be checked. Inside those establishments you will find strict enforcement of masking by the private security.  Walking around the streets, enforcement is looser now but there is some enforcement.  Nobody seems to care much now if the mask is not worn properly.

In restos most people take them off right away.  At resorts, the resorts ask that you wear them while walking around, but enforcement is rare.

Basically, always have one on you, and if someone points out you are not wearing it, just say "Whoops, I forgot" and put it on.  Don't attempt to argue about it or you could be in hot water.

Whom would I get in hot water with?

I had planned on spending a few thousand peso for fines for not wearing one, this would be outside. I understand inside a business they could try to dictate my actions, but outside I think I will not wear one.

7 hours ago, Palawan said:

Whom would I get in hot water with?

I had planned on spending a few thousand peso for fines for not wearing one, this would be outside. I understand inside a business they could try to dictate my actions, but outside I think I will not wear one.

If you are walking around business areas without a mask, you will stick out like a sore thumb.  Not recommended for a foreigner to challenge authority here, or bring an attitude, or cause a local to loose face.

To each his own.  Good luck.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

5 hours ago, seekingthetruth said:

If you are walking around business areas without a mask, you will stick out like a sore thumb.  Not recommended for a foreigner to challenge authority here, or bring an attitude, or cause a local to loose face.

This guy will no longer be President when I arrive next week, he is out of here. One reason I didn't fly in this week was the silly elections and all the stupid liquor bans that imposed all over the Philippines.

2 hours ago, Palawan said:

This guy will no longer be President when I arrive next week, he is out of here. One reason I didn't fly in this week was the silly elections and all the stupid liquor bans that imposed all over the Philippines.

The next president takes over June 30.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

1 hour ago, seekingthetruth said:

The next president takes over June 30.

I guess I better bring extra money for fines

This is the same guy whom shut the country down for 2 years ,with lockdowns, quarantines, curfews, liquor bans, travel ban, house arrest for anyone under 18 years old and over age 60,  and then after almost 2 years of lockdowns they got the highest cases of covid to date, and then he figured out he was wrong?

9 hours ago, seekingthetruth said:

Is this your personal opinion? Or have you been back to Philippines in the last few month? Or is this heresay you are talking about? 

Bottom line is this just your opinion, or have you been in Philippines since March of 2022?

16 minutes ago, Palawan said:

Is this your personal opinion? Or have you been back to Philippines in the last few month? Or is this heresay you are talking about? 

Bottom line is this just your opinion, or have you been in Philippines since March of 2022?

I have been living here for 10 years.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

23 minutes ago, Palawan said:

I guess I better bring extra money for fines

This is the same guy whom shut the country down for 2 years ,with lockdowns, quarantines, curfews, liquor bans, travel ban, house arrest for anyone under 18 years old and over age 60,  and then after almost 2 years of lockdowns they got the highest cases of covid to date, and then he figured out he was wrong?

Yes, with help from many idiots.  My kids are still not in face to face school.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

For what its worth, I never had to do any temperature checks to go into any businesses where I was. I didn't go to very many places, but I did visit grocery stores and a few big malls. Everyone had a mask on inside, but quite a few had them below their nose (including me) and was never hassled about it from what I could see.

But everyone did have a mask and someone not wearing one would certainly stick out. I did not wear one outside however. I would personally recommend wearing one as much as it sucks, but just keep it pulled down a bit so you can at least breathe. Wearing a mask was the worst part of the entire trip for sure, aside from the heat/humidity as I much prefer cold weather.

4 hours ago, cross86 said:

For what its worth, I never had to do any temperature checks to go into any businesses where I was. I didn't go to very many places, but I did visit grocery stores and a few big malls. Everyone had a mask on inside, but quite a few had them below their nose (including me) and was never hassled about it from what I could see.

But everyone did have a mask and someone not wearing one would certainly stick out. I did not wear one outside however. I would personally recommend wearing one as much as it sucks, but just keep it pulled down a bit so you can at least breathe. Wearing a mask was the worst part of the entire trip for sure, aside from the heat/humidity as I much prefer cold weather.

Yep, having a to wear a mask if I am outside in the day seem like pure torture

7 hours ago, Palawan said:

Yep, having a to wear a mask if I am outside in the day seem like pure torture

Actually, this time of year, you probably won't want to stay outside for long unless you are at a pool or beach.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.