Palawan

K1 vs CR1 - Time Frame

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Palawan said:

I am not really worried if it takes 18 hours or 18 months to be truthful.

which makes your statement that a K-1 is "much superior" for PI even more odd.  ....I'm out.  Good luck.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

5 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

8 months is common currently.  You seem to be basing answers on outdated information. 

Ok

If one needed to leave one can always leave, it's not that big of deal.  US doesn't require any exit clearance, you just book a ticket and hop on a plane and leave, this isn't the Philippines where you must pass thru immigration just to exit the country and you don't need an exit clearance in the USA.

6 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

which makes your statement that a K-1 is "much superior" for PI even more odd.  You seem to already have all the answers, and you are unwilling to answer a simple question which might help others. ......I'm out.  Good luck.

You get an extended honey moon period in the USA with your mate. CR1 is no honeymoon period in the USA.

Then you can file for adjustment of status when you get ready, if things don't work out then your off the hook, doing a CR1 you have to go thru a court process, get divorced, worry about liquation of assets, etc.

Bringing a person into the USA and already married presents it own issues, bringing them in on K1 give you time to see how the react and adjust in the USA is important.

29 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

but not superior here in the USA

its hard to get SS # making it hard to add to bank account

expensive to do the AOS after marriage is $1225

plus paying out of pocket for the health care insurance

and immigrants get so homesick,  its hard on them when they can't visit home 

a K1 means going thru AOSEAD,  AP and the ROC 2 years later 

and u will be tired of dealing with immigration long before she gets to naturalize

plus K1 is taking as long to get now as the CR1

its going to be anywhere from 18 months and longer

this is not fast,  cheap or easy

Much Superior in the USA if you have assets, I like to take things slow and easy, not get in a rush. 

I am not worrying about her working or traveling outside the USA anytime soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Palawan said:

That what you said before, but you came back

Sounds like you are confused

no,  u r 

to pull a person from home,  family and friends and think the 90 day is to get to know each other and not marry if it doesn't work,  is wrong wrong wrong

i am out too 

and i feel for your intended  

8 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

no,  u r 

to pull a person from home,  family and friends and think the 90 day is to get to know each other and not marry if it doesn't work,  is wrong wrong wrong

i am out too 

and i feel for your intended  

You will have to take that up with USCIS, it's their rules not mine

On 5/2/2022 at 10:48 PM, Palawan said:

As of today how long are K1 vs CR1 taking to get approved?

In the past a K1 was about 4 to 7 weeks and CR1 was 4 to 7 months

Have you paid attention to latest processing times? 

I would be so happy if our IR1/CR1 timeline was 7 months! Best news ever. 

We were planning on 1.5 to 2 years. 

K1 would probably take the same amount of time if interviewing in Seoul as April 2021 cases are being approved so maybe beneficiary would get an interview sometime in May or June 2021. (so time difference isn't that bad). 

Manila is a whole other kettle of fish... have you seen the K1 timelines?

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Philippines&op1=3&op2=&op3=1&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=

Last 9 out of 10 interviews all received their NOA1 in 2020! 

Good luck with your speedy journey. Hope you've been very clear with your potential partner that you might not marry her/ file to adjust status so she knows where she stands... 

Edited by ROK2USA

1 hour ago, ROK2USA said:

Have you paid attention to latest processing times? 

I would be so happy if our IR1/CR1 timeline was 7 months! Best news ever. 

We were planning on 1.5 to 2 years. 

K1 would probably take the same amount of time if interviewing in Seoul as April 2021 cases are being approved so maybe beneficiary would get an interview sometime in May or June 2021. (so time difference isn't that bad). 

Manila is a whole other kettle of fish... have you seen the K1 timelines?

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Philippines&op1=3&op2=&op3=1&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=

Last 9 out of 10 interviews all received their NOA1 in 2020! 

Good luck with your speedy journey. Hope you've been very clear with your potential partner that you might not marry her/ file to adjust status so she knows where she stands... 

Why would I keep up with processing times?   I did a K1 Philippines a few years ago, Got approved in 28 days, other guys at California Service Center were taking like 7 to 10 days for Philippines, it was quick and easy and so fast.  My wife is a US Citizen now with Dual Citizenship

Funny thing is all these people giving advice have never been to Philippine but they are "Experts".  One even stated it was hard difficult to get a SSN or Bank Account, what kind of nonsense is that? I had my fiance her SSN on the 3rd day in the USA and had her Bank Account open same day.

There is no way in the world I would ever sign a legal document in the Philippines, No way now how.  I have a couple motorcycles in the Philippine and my name isn't on the title even though I paid for them, that way if I get in wreck they would try to come after me for damages, since the title is in a Philippines citizens name they will not try to get money regardless if you are at fault or not.

Common Knowledge for those who are familiar with Philippines is to not get married in the Philippines, and don't get your name on marriage register inside the Philippines, those have there problems that could arise in the future.

I am going back to Philippines next week for a "Boys trip" and looking forward to having a good time 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Visa Journey is, sometimes, such an entertaining place......... What happened years ago is irrelevant to the current immigration process environment.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

"Why would I keep up with processing times?"  

Uh... Maybe because you care about your partner more than you care about yourself and your assets. 

I rarely do that, but hopefully the process gets so long that you give up, better for your hypothetical partner. 

My initial question was about processing time, I was just curious and then I get a bunch of dribble about you can't get a bank account and you can't get a SSN, So I just went with it.    

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.