J&D1008

MAY 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

342 posts in this topic

Me again.  And, again, I apologize if this is covered in detail elsewhere.  With many of us likely to be processed within the next few months, would it be advisable to have my fiancé obtain the required police report now?  Since they're good for 12 months I would assume we'd be safe to get this now, especially in the event that there is a delay with obtaining the report.  Am I on the right track with that thought?  Is that what most of you have done?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, jgray808 said:

Me again.  And, again, I apologize if this is covered in detail elsewhere.  With many of us likely to be processed within the next few months, would it be advisable to have my fiancé obtain the required police report now?  Since they're good for 12 months I would assume we'd be safe to get this now, especially in the event that there is a delay with obtaining the report.  Am I on the right track with that thought?  Is that what most of you have done?

Hi, 
I think you should double check the website of the US consulate of your fiance's country.
In our case for it example it says police certificates from each country your fiance lived
longer than a year. It should not be older than 24 months when presented to the consular
officer. They need the original and one copy for each.  An apostille is not required.
So, yes it would be ok to already request those documents.
But again double check the website of your US consulate. It may be different.

Edited by Eddie101

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
15 hours ago, jgray808 said:

I told him if he’s near the area where he’d get one to go ahead and do it but not to go out of his way just yet for it. It’s taking a long time to get interviews. My friend was approved in Jan and the interview isn’t until June 😫

2 minutes ago, Aventrella said:

I told him if he’s near the area where he’d get one to go ahead and do it but not to go out of his way just yet for it. It’s taking a long time to get interviews. My friend was approved in Jan and the interview isn’t until June 😫

That’s a long wait!  What location is that wait for?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 3/30/2023 at 9:34 AM, meladee said:

Can you share your dataset for comparison? Or at least a little more detail on how you're doing your own calculation that results in a longer date. I have done something similar on my own that I've poked at a lot, so maybe I can poke at yours a little to see the differences.

Thank you for the request. My dataset is extremely simple: a list of all open cases prior to mine (I'm a mid-May filer). Every case that's closed, I delete. Then I take the remainder and compare that against the processing speed of USCIS.

I've slacked off as of late, so large sections of my data are 1+ months without an update. I'm working to fix that, so I'm too embarrassed to share anything now just yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 3/30/2023 at 4:04 AM, Obllak said:

If USCIS keeps this speed, I would also estimate July 2022 for you. 

USCIS is showing an average 80% processing time *historically*. You should focus more on 50% imo and taking their speed into account to get a better presenting number. 

That 50% does sound enticing.

It appears that USCIS is focusing on easier cases. I'm seeing their approval trough (the range where a case may get approved or denied) lengthen every week - it's now up to 4-5 months (an October 2021 case is as likely to be touched as a February 2022 one). Thus, the first wave of approvals is indeed riding into early February now - but there are many RFEs (1 in 3), and some of those even sit for 2+ months after the response... as if USCIS is merely riding out the time until the petitioner realizes what is up and withdraws the petition (too many withdrawals way past the expected approval timeframe).

I am guilty of having sent USCIS 2 letters of proof of additional evidence already (and I haven't been asked for any yet). I'm going to be guilty next month when I send one more (all 3 packets sent / to be sent after each new meeting with the beneficiary). Guess I'm just that terrified of a RFE or denial.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Lynxyonok said:

It appears that USCIS is focusing on easier cases. I'm seeing their approval trough (the range where a case may get approved or denied) lengthen every week - it's now up to 4-5 months (an October 2021 case is as likely to be touched as a February 2022 one). Thus, the first wave of approvals is indeed riding into early February now - but there are many RFEs (1 in 3), and some of those even sit for 2+ months after the response... as if USCIS is merely riding out the time until the petitioner realizes what is up and withdraws the petition (too many withdrawals way past the expected approval timeframe).

I am guilty of having sent USCIS 2 letters of proof of additional evidence already (and I haven't been asked for any yet). I'm going to be guilty next month when I send one more (all 3 packets sent / to be sent after each new meeting with the beneficiary). Guess I'm just that terrified of a RFE or denial.

I have seen people making such big deal out of RFEs. RFE is no big deal, they just ask for extra stuff, and you just send it. Why are you terrified of it?

16 hours ago, Lynxyonok said:

I see where you're coming from but don't you think that will further their backlog and potentially negatively impact the ongoing timeline?  

6 hours ago, Obllak said:

I have seen people making such big deal out of RFEs. RFE is no big deal, they just ask for extra stuff, and you just send it. Why are you terrified of it?

Excellent data!  How often is that updated?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jgray808 said:

Excellent data!  How often is that updated?

Thank you! Daily. We usually do it ~11 CET time, but I am very sick since Sunday, so I am updating when I feel like I have a bit energy to use it for the update.

1 minute ago, Obllak said:

Thank you! Daily. We usually do it ~11 CET time, but I am very sick since Sunday, so I am updating when I feel like I have a bit energy to use it for the update.

Oh no, feel better!!  I love the data; gives me verifiable hope!  Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.