podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,636 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

Congrats. Happy for you!

@Kuchiki I'm so happy to see your post welcome back to this thread u can help members here bcuz ur family here for a long time and hopefully life together is going well for you guys after that long painful immigration journey.🙏🏽🤞

Timeline
1 hour ago, podeena said:

@Kuchiki I'm so happy to see your post welcome back to this thread u can help members here bcuz ur family here for a long time and hopefully life together is going well for you guys after that long painful immigration journey.🙏🏽🤞

Thank you :) it feels good to be back on this forum. Phew those 5 years though...they were no joke tbh. Alhumdulilah all is well now.  Hope you're doing good too @podeena 🙂

Just want to convey my best wishes to all those who are patiently waiting to be reunited with their spouses. I know long distance relationships are not for the faint of heart but if you truly want to be with your spouse, you'll overcome all the obstacles in this immigration journey. It will be worth it in the end. Best of luck to all those who are waiting for their interviews at ISL embassy and congrats to all those who got their visas approved.

Timeline
Just now, Kuchiki said:

Thank you :) it feels good to be back on this forum. Phew those 5 years though...they were no joke tbh. Alhumdulilah all is well now.  Hope you're doing good too @podeena 🙂

Just want to convey my best wishes to all those who are patiently waiting to be reunited with their spouses. I know long distance relationships are not for the faint of heart but if you truly want to be with your spouse, you'll overcome all the obstacles in this immigration journey. It will be worth it in the end. Best of luck to all those who are waiting for their interviews at ISL embassy and congrats to all those who got their visas approved.

♥️AH all ok hope for everyone to get together soon IA.🙏🏽

Congratulations to y'all!

Just an update, my buddy's wife had her interview the other day and got approved after being asked 4 or 5 basic questions.

But the main thing is, her passport and birth certificate were lost. So all they did was upload the new copy of the passport and birth certificate to the portal (along with all the other new relevant papers). Also, his wife only had 2 shots of the vaccine, and they didn't pose any problems.

Purpose of this post is to serve as clarification for the previous questions I asked on this thread (and thank you again to everyone who answered). Stay up, everyone!

13 hours ago, Tojoclan2021 said:

Hello everybody! 
my wife’s DQ date is December 22nd 2022. Any idea when should we expect to get an iL? Thank you

I'd think pretty soon maybe within the month. Unless they start to slow down around Eid, in that case the week after Eid is probably when you could get the IL email.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, void04 said:

I'd think pretty soon maybe within the month. Unless they start to slow down around Eid, in that case the week after Eid is probably when you could get the IL email.

IR1 and IR5 interviews are in the same category? 
my father’s DQ is February 2023 I can’t find any IR5 group here so that’s why asking in this group!!

Hello Guys- I need some assistance- My case is Ir-1

Do I need to get Nadra Marriage certifcate (QuaideAzam Backgroud picture wala) Translated as well? It already has an english part- I got my urdu one translated but not sure about this one

Also My Wife (Petitioner) was born in karachi and is a Us citizen by naturalization- Do I need her Original birth certificate (Copy) and its translation as well since it was a manual one? I heard you don't need petitioner birth certificate if IR-1

Timeline
7 hours ago, Malixali said:

Do I need to get Nadra Marriage certifcate (QuaideAzam Backgroud picture wala) Translated as well? It already has an english part- I got my urdu one translated but not sure about this one

Also My Wife (Petitioner) was born in karachi and is a Us citizen by naturalization- Do I need her Original birth certificate (Copy) and its translation as well since it was a manual one? I heard you don't need petitioner birth certificate if IR-1

No, you don't need to translate the NADRA marriage certificate since it has both English and Urdu. You may keep your petitioner's birth certificate just in case they ask for it but usually they don't ask for it. At least they didn't ask in our case. They only asked for applicant's birth certificate. 

8 hours ago, Malixali said:

I went through the same process so I will tell you what NVC requires from you and you need to upload on the CEAC portal which are 3 things:

(1) Your original signed Nikah Nama urdu version all pages.

(2) Your original signed Nikah Nama urdu version translated into english (also get the translated version notarized after then upload it.)

(3) Your NADRA-issued marriage registration certificate which is half urdu half english. 

You can find all this information on travel.state.gov

I will try to upload a picture of it too If this forum allows it

On 5/20/2024 at 1:29 PM, Rabia Ahsan said:

my father’s DQ is February 2023 I can’t find any IR5 group here so that’s why asking in this group!!

Yes I would say it with 99.9% certainty  that this group can also be used for ir5’s. Also follow the Pak USA Immigration page on facebook for latest updates if not already. 

8 hours ago, Malixali said:

IMG_2046.thumb.png.df2dc22e2b1f71194efcdeda0b52ffd2.png

On 5/20/2024 at 10:29 AM, Rabia Ahsan said:

Not 100% but fairly certain it'd be around if not the same. I'd hope the interview for your father comes up within the next 3 months if not 2.

Posted (edited)
Thanks alot for all the help - This Forum has been a life saver! Another Issue I am facing-

When I got DQ I had a joint sponsor "Ahmed" but Ahmed is now refusing to provide updated I-864 and Tax docs- I will now use my wife I-864 and tax docs and since her income is low will supplement my mother in law as Household member I-864A with tax Docs
My question is that how will I make these changes in ceac once I get my IL- will I remove the Joint sponsor and add household member or I would simply add the house hold member and leave Joint sponsor as is or I would DO NOTHING and tell the CO in interview about the change- Also- Would I also type in an application to CO in a word doc telling him about this change?

ALSO DO I NEED UPDATED I-864 for my wife as well and DO I upload it before interview- DO I UPLOAD EVRYTHING ON CEAC BEFORE INTERVIEW?
Edited by Malixali

Timeline
On 5/20/2024 at 1:29 PM, Rabia Ahsan said:

On 5/22/2024 at 3:38 PM, Kuchiki said:

No, you don't need to translate the NADRA marriage certificate since it has both English and Urdu. You may keep your petitioner's birth certificate just in case they ask for it but usually they don't ask for it. At least they didn't ask in our case. They only asked for applicant's birth certificate. 

Yes that's true and applicants B form or bay form with all family members name.Good luck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.