podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,636 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

Me and my husbands DQ date is November 22nd 2022 for IR1 case.

At the time of submitting documents I had an income which wasn’t sufficient but I added my brother in law and his wife as joint sponsors. I know my husband have to take updated tax returns to the interview but I haven’t filed tax since last two years so do I just get  tan updated tax return of my brother in law and his wife or do we need to take additional documents to the interview? Also do I need to refill I-864 documents with updated information ? 

On 4/3/2024 at 1:35 PM, Zkhan said:

Hello everyone, 

Me and my husbands DQ date is November 22nd 2022 for IR1 case.

At the time of submitting documents I had an income which wasn’t sufficient but I added my brother in law and his wife as joint sponsors. I know my husband have to take updated tax returns to the interview but I haven’t filed tax since last two years so do I just get  tan updated tax return of my brother in law and his wife or do we need to take additional documents to the interview? Also do I need to refill I-864 documents with updated information ? 

I'll give this my best shot. For starters, I hope someone can chime in. If you haven't filed taxes the past few years (assuming because you had zero income?) then you could probably put zero in the 2022 and 2021 tax years (because you still have to file an i864 even if your income doesn't suffice).

You, your brother in law, and his wife will need new affidavits of support because it's a New Year. If you haven't filed taxes for 2023, I'd go ahead and do so, because they might try to put a pause on the case or put it in AP (someone please chime in here). But that's what I'd do. But you all definitely need to fill new affidavits.

Hey guys, in a slight pickle here. Had conflicting reports for a booster for COVID. As one of the members posted a link to new guidelines, a booster shot is apparently required in the past 12 months* for all intending immigrants.

My wife went to JPMC (in Karachi) for her polio and COVID booster shot yesterday. She was told from the staff that there has been NO booster in Pakistan since October of last year (meaning not in stock). They also said maybe they'll get some after Eid, but not sure.

Can anyone provide any insight here? Anyone know if this is corroborated, and if not, then where can my wife get her booster in Karachi?

Appreciate you guys!

Edited by void04

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, void04 said:

I'll give this my best shot. For starters, I hope someone can chime in. If you haven't filed taxes the past few years (assuming because you had zero income?) then you could probably put zero in the 2022 and 2021 tax years (because you still have to file an i864 even if your income doesn't suffice).

You, your brother in law, and his wife will need new affidavits of support because it's a New Year. If you haven't filed taxes for 2023, I'd go ahead and do so, because they might try to put a pause on the case or put it in AP (someone please chime in here). But that's what I'd do. But you all definitely need to fill new affidavits.

@ZkhanYes as per my knowledge spouse should have personal income to sponsor the beneficiary if income level low then you can have others to support the process but yes needs updated AOS and others family members who support their Updated income tax return too hopefully they don't make it a excuse for AP. Good luck but if anyone knows better please share.

Timeline
4 hours ago, void04 said:

Hey guys, in a slight pickle here. Had conflicting reports for a booster for COVID. As one of the members posted a link to new guidelines, a booster shot is apparently required in the past 12 months* for all intending immigrants.

My wife went to JPMC (in Karachi) for her polio and COVID booster shot yesterday. She was told from the staff that there has been NO booster in Pakistan since October of last year (meaning not in stock). They also said maybe they'll get some after Eid, but not sure.

Can anyone provide any insight here? Anyone know if this is corroborated, and if not, then where can my wife get her booster in Karachi?

Appreciate you guys!

Can you call and verify that from the designated clinic where you will have your medical maybe they can give right info to you and also tell you about where to get booster if it's required. That's the best I can think of if anyone knows better please share.Good luck.

17 hours ago, podeena said:

@ZkhanYes as per my knowledge spouse should have personal income to sponsor the beneficiary if income level low then you can have others to support the process but yes needs updated AOS and others family members who support their Updated income tax return too hopefully they don't make it a excuse for AP. Good luck but if anyone knows better please share.

What do you mean? So if I don’t have personal income and I haven’t filed taxes my case will be put on hold? Can you elaborate 

22 hours ago, void04 said:

File tax without income? 

1 hour ago, Zkhan said:

File tax without income? 

I would have still filed taxes with no income. 

the way I see it as an immigration officer I would want updated tax returns. If spouse income is below threshold I would request joint sponsor to fulfill that requirement. If there is no tax return (regardless of reason) then we are still stuck at first step. 

anyone else can chime in as well but I think for immigration purposes, I would have filed all taxes regardless of no income. 

5 hours ago, Zkhan said:

File tax without income?

Yes. On the affidavit of support there's a box you can tick which says something like not required to file taxes, but then you'll have to offer an explanation of some sort as to why you didn't have to file.

For me, it's just out of an abundance of caution that I'd file taxes anyway, because I've read some really crazy things that Consular Officers have said from this forum. But that's just me. I'm not saying it's required, it most likely isn't anyway. I'm just thinking from a perspective of I want to give officers minimal reasons to raise an eyebrow, if that makes sense. I guess I'm just jaded haha

If someone here has not filed taxes and their family's case got approved without hiccups, I'd request you chime in.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Zkhan said:

What do you mean? So if I don’t have personal income and I haven’t filed taxes my case will be put on hold? Can you elaborate 

Yes as far as my knowledge u need to have some income and the rest is from joint sponsor but it's better for you to consult with some lawyer or someone will help u.

22 hours ago, podeena said:

Can you call and verify that from the designated clinic where you will have your medical maybe they can give right info to you and also tell you about where to get booster if it's required. That's the best I can think of if anyone knows better please share.Good luck.

Thank you!

So we called, the clinic basically said, and I quote, "If you already have 2 doses, and you want a booster, you can get one. If you're unable to find a booster, then these 2 doses can be acceptable."

I would have felt more confident if he had just said a booster isn't required at all lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I need some assistance. I will be Grateful for the help.

I provided Joint Sponsor named Adnan who gave I-864 in 2021- Adnan is having issues providing updated documents and I-864. My second choice now is to have my wife I-864 and add her mother on a I-864A Household member. My questions are:

1) Would changing this affect in any way my visa process?

2) How can I prove relationship status between my wife and her mother as in what documents can be provided? Both are Dual Citizens and her mother has no Driving license. They both live at the same address.

Thanks,

6 hours ago, Malixali said:

Hello Everyone,

I need some assistance. I will be Grateful for the help.

I provided Joint Sponsor named Adnan who gave I-864 in 2021- Adnan is having issues providing updated documents and I-864. My second choice now is to have my wife I-864 and add her mother on a I-864A Household member. My questions are:

1) Would changing this affect in any way my visa process?

2) How can I prove relationship status between my wife and her mother as in what documents can be provided? Both are Dual Citizens and her mother has no Driving license. They both live at the same address.

Thanks,

1. I'm not sure about how it will affect. Since I can't answer with certainty, I'll remain silent on this point.

2. Your wife's birth certificate should be good enough to prove a relation between her and her mother. Your mother in law doesn't need a license necessarily, but a state ID card can also help. If she doesn't have that then I'd recommend for her to get one. If she has an American passport that might suffice, but I'd still strongly recommend the state ID option.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.