jjp85

Has anyone else applied for the Uniting for Ukraine program?

834 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Wanted to see if anyone applied as a sponsor without submitting an actual letter from the bank? Ours has to be hard mailed and takes a while and then we're out of town for Thanksgiving so we'll probably miss it.

So I wanted to see if anyone just used their regular monthly bank statements instead of the Office letter from the bank. And if so, how many months back did you go?

Thanks in advance for any tips. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi

I am sure someone else has asked this question but I have not found it scrolling through all of the questions and replies.

One of my beneficiaries has an issue and can not travel before his TA expires.  Is there a way to file for an extension or do I need to reapply for him and start over?

Thanks in advance!

Harry

3 minutes ago, HarryGillung said:

Hi

I am sure someone else has asked this question but I have not found it scrolling through all of the questions and replies.

One of my beneficiaries has an issue and can not travel before his TA expires.  Is there a way to file for an extension or do I need to reapply for him and start over?

Thanks in advance!

Harry

Hi there -- check out the information under Travel Authorizations:

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/uniting-for-ukraine/frequently-asked-questions-about-uniting-for-ukraine#:~:text=Can I request an extension,extension of their travel authorization.

It outlines instructions for a one time extension.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Need some helpful information please.  I have Ukrainian friends living in Lviv.  They are husband and wife.  Trying to find out if they are eligible for Uniting for Ukraine program.  She is deathly afraid of him being called into military service.   I understand there is a program where he can pay a non-refundable fee to the Ukrainian government to authorize vacation to a country outside of Ukraine.  Obviously, she wants him out of harms way and they would return to Ukraine as soon as the war has ended.  Is there a path for them using the Uniting for Ukraine program?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The U4U is not the issue, whether he can leave is. Not heard of a fee but there are exceptions.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

The U4U is not the issue, whether he can leave is. Not heard of a fee but there are exceptions.

There is a program in Ukraine for highly technical men (mainly IT people) that permits them to leave Ukraine for vacation in foreign countries provided they pay a fee to the government.  Don't remember the amount but it's affordable for IT people but not for those with average Ukrainian salaries.  I think it allows them to leave Ukraine for 30 days.  Anyway, I thought the U4U was only available for Ukrianian citizens that have been displaced to other countries.  

Timeline

They will be displaced - to the US

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
11 minutes ago, danmeland said:

is there more information to the name of the program?

I'll try to get an answer for you tomorrow.

Timeline
1 hour ago, danmeland said:

is there more information to the name of the program?

So it seems I was mistaken.  It's not for vacation.  It's for business trips.  Still trying to get further information on it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 11/9/2022 at 12:52 PM, swmfly said:

Thank you!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Maria Zaychik said:

Does anyone know if parolee for United for Ukraine is allowed to leave the country to go to work or visit families? 

A person would need AP and a good reason to do so.

There seems no limit how often the same person could apply for U4U

Timeline

Advanced Parole

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.