LKMK

I-175 May 2019 Filers

2,129 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Clearly your didn't read a word of what I wrote. 

Was getting ready to say the same thing, she seems to like calling people wrong.

You are one of the most knowledgeable and considerate posters on here Scandi

11 hours ago, Scandi said:

What was the reason for the transfer? If you had previously gotten an RFE from the first service center, and USCIS weren't satisfied with your response, then a transfer to NBC means you'll have an interview. If that's the case then you need to look at your local field office's processing times.

If your case was transferred for workload reasons then you're probably not getting an interview. These kind of transfers are not a thing normally, that's  why you don't find any processing times for NBC on the website. Things are very much out of the ordinary right now, I don't  think anybody can even give you a guesstimate as to how long you'll have to wait, sorry.

Hi Scandi,

I didn't get an RFE. There was a soft update 29 days ago and when I called USCIS they said  my case was transferred to NBC. I called them again last week and I received the same answer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Waiting4Godot said:

Hi Scandi,

I didn't get an RFE. There was a soft update 29 days ago and when I called USCIS they said  my case was transferred to NBC. I called them again last week and I received the same answer

Did you have your AOS interview waived? Some people who came in a K-1 had their AOS interview waived so the require an interview for ROC, but their cases were first sent to a regular service center only to be transferred to NBC at a later date.

Also many people who had a divorce would be transferred to NBC as well.

If none of the above, it was probably just a workload transfer so all you can do now is just wait for either a RFE or an approval. And like I said before, there isn't any official processing times for NBC as they normally don't handle i-751 cases other than to just prepare them for interviews. So unfortunately we can't say anything about how long you may have to wait. 🤷‍♀️

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

10 hours ago, Nipperswife said:

That is not true. The transfers to the various service centers was only to help with the backlogs.  So many persons in this thread and others have confirmed approvals and no rfe for being transferred to nbc. NBC is helping with the backlogs n that’s it and will process cases just like the other service centers.

Do you have any source of information which support your statement that NBC is  adjudicating I-751 to help with  the backlog ? what I understand Is nbc send application to field office and they finally adjudicate, sometime field office waves interview requirements 

24 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Did you have your AOS interview waived? Some people who came in a K-1 had their AOS interview waived so the require an interview for ROC, but their cases were first sent to a regular service center only to be transferred to NBC at a later date.

If none of the above, it was probably just a workload transfer so all you can do now is just wait for either a RFE or an approval. And like I said before, there isn't any official processing times for NBC as they normally don't handle i-751 cases other than to just prepare them for interviews. So unfortunately we can't say anything about how long you may have to wait. 🤷‍♀️

Other then soft update which dont indicates a transfer was made i will take it with grain of salt

3 minutes ago, ImmigrantDan said:

Other then soft update which dont indicates a transfer was made i will take it with grain of salt

But i am divorce waiver case last ipdate 4/21 so allmost a month and a half of no movment i will see taking it slow ..

Edited by ImmigrantDan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ring of the lord said:

Do you have any source of information which support your statement that NBC is  adjudicating I-751 to help with  the backlog ? what I understand Is nbc send application to field office and they finally adjudicate, sometime field office waves interview requirements 

Here's one timeline from a May 2019 filer that recently received approval after having case transferred to NBC in late March:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=248319

Spoiler

K1 Timeline:

7/18/2016 --> I-129F application sent

1/26/2017 --> K1 visa received

Adjustment of Status Timeline:

2/7/17 --> I-485, I-131, I-765 (AOS+AP+EAD) application sent

8/18/2017--> green card received in mail

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

5/14/2019 --> I-751 application sent

10/2/2020 --> 10-year green card received in mail

Naturalization Timeline:

7/28/2020--> Submitted N-400 application online

2/12/2021--> Biometrics re-use letter received

4/30/2021--> Interview scheduled for 6/8/2021

6/8/2021-->  Approved during interview

6/21/2021-->  oath ceremony - officially US citizen

K1: 7/18/2016 --> 1/26/2017

AOS: 2/7/17 --> 8/18/2017

ROC:  5/14/2019 --> 10/2/2020

Naturalization: 7/28/2020--> 6/21/2021

21 minutes ago, NYBEtt said:

Here's one timeline from a May 2019 filer that recently received approval after having case transferred to NBC in late March:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=248319

My best guess on this Case  is, since NBC doesn’t Adjudicate I-751,  They prepared the application and forwarded it to field office for an interview but the field office waved the interview requirements and approved it. (Sometimes they don’t update online when they forward application to field office )

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Ring of the lord said:

My best guess on this Case  is, since NBC doesn’t Adjudicate I-751,  They prepared the application and forwarded it to field office for an interview but the field office waved the interview requirements and approved it. (Sometimes they don’t update online when they forward application to field office )

It's very possible that that's the case. People working at field offices haven't been able to do their regular chores as they most often have to do with in-person services such as interviews and info pass. So maybe USCIS are transferring cases to field offices (via NBC) so the people working there can approve/deny cases that don't require interviews. That will certainly even out the work load and help the service centers, and the field office people get to work too.

8 hours ago, Scandi said:

I had my AOS interview almost 3 years ago. USCIS website shows soft update on May 5th. Two calls to USCIS stated case transferred to NBC. They said if RFE is needed they'd let me know. And no letter mailed that case was transferred either. The lady did say it's because of workload that they transferred it. Thank you for your insight

19 hours ago, Nipperswife said:

No but court and pat was approved without an interview they had an interview with their k1 visa process they were transferred to NBC March 31st.... and approved June 1st. So I dunno how long they take. I don’t want to say it roughly takes two months afterwards and it turn out to not be true.  I was transferred over April 21st so if it is roughly two months I’ll certainly update if I get a response by the end of this month.

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
10 hours ago, Scandi said:

yes I had this experience. Sent my Roc last May got transferred to local office and case status now says ready for interview. No interview during AOS and came on K1. It sucks but what can ya do. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Dublindave said:

yes I had this experience. Sent my Roc last May got transferred to local office and case status now says ready for interview. No interview during AOS and came on K1. It sucks but what can ya do. 

Yeah I hear you. But hopefully covid-19 works in your favor. There has been several cases that were supposed to have interviews but that later were approved without one anyway. I'm crossing my fingers! 👍Gotta get something good out of this pandemic...

6 hours ago, Dublindave said:

I have seen 2 cases on Facebook that had no interview at AOS or ROC... at SRC center I believe. You never now...

N-400 Timeline

March 16 2021 - Interview & same day Oath Ceremony, Ft. Myers FL - Officially a US citizen!

February 8 2021 - Interview Scheduled for March 16th

January 20 2021 - Received Biometric Reuse Letter

September 1 2020 - Filed Online

ROC Timeline

December 14 2020 - Green Card Received

December 12 2020 - Approval Notice Received

December 8 2020 - Approval Email, Case Status Updated

November 4 2019 - Completed Biometric at USCIS Tampa

October 26 2019 - Received Biometric Appointment Letter - Scheduled Nov 4th

July 25 2019 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

July 23 2019 - Check cashed

July 22 2019 - Text notification, #YSC Potomac

July 17 2019 - Packet delivered

July 15 2019 - Packet mailed to Dallas

Hello fellow May 2019 filers, I was originally EAC but got transferred to Potomac in Feb 2020. Looks like some of the April 2019 filers who were transferred to Potomac are now being approved, so hopefully we will be done in a month or two. Fingers crossed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.