laylalex

11 SoCal residents charged with arranging sham marriages to get green cards

28 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Boiler said:

There are usually several not insignificant things he gets wrong, I realize he does not do the day to day stuff and has not for some time, he should have a co host who does

He gets the I864 stuff wrong ALL THE TIME... a few shows ago he told someone they wouldn't have to file it during AOS as they went the consulate K1 route... 

But, he has made it very clear he only knows mandamus issues and hasn't actually dealt with the nitty gritty of immigrant cases and prefers adjustment cases over consulate cases. 

He also doesn't know why some mandamus suits fail but if he was up to date with backlogs in certain countries he would hold off on filing them... either way I need to talk about the cases and how some people really do get themselves in messy situations when it comes to immigration. 

Edited by Kor2USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There have been several non immediate relative cases out of status where he has implied they can adjust in county 

Several times he has said that couples overseas can use theit income from jobs they will give up and thinks that income requirement is over 3 years

Stll no doubt generates a lot of business for their practice, sounds like the wife is the one with the smarts 

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

29 minutes ago, Boiler said:

There are usually several not insignificant things he gets wrong, I realize he does not do the day to day stuff and has not for some time, he should have a co host who does

Are you volunteering? The Jim Hacking-Boiler Immigration Hour sounds like must see TV. :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Are you volunteering? The Jim Hacking-Boiler Immigration Hour sounds like must see TV. :D 

You know I am you are sure I am VJ until I die

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, millefleur said:

Well, that's terrible. VAWA fraud was nothing something I even considered being a thing.

I had a very close male friend (who has for a year now abruptly cut all contact with me) who I strongly suspect is committing VAWA fraud. I hope he was not successful because if he is, he would have conned an innocent woman 13 years younger than him and barely an adult really…☹️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
18 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

i can see new rules coming from this report or harder time for the legit people to do a VAWA

its always a shame when 1 or more people ruin it for the rest 

No new rules will happen because of this case. There’s a group that has documented hundreds of cases of VAWA with proof snd petitioned congress for years to no avail.

This won’t even move the needle unfortunately.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
15 hours ago, Boiler said:

Just thinking but the victims could be eligible for a U Visa.

who would be the victim?

seems like anyone paying out 20,000 to 30,000 to get a green card would know its not legit

and the USC-  just plain stupid /what USC doesn't plan the ceremony or know the person doing it orknow who he/she is marrying? 

all should be charged 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
25 minutes ago, African Zealot said:

No new rules will happen because of this case. There’s a group that has documented hundreds of cases of VAWA with proof snd petitioned congress for years to no avail.

that's a shame and an insult to all of us who go the long months to do this legally

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, African Zealot said:

I agree.

Is VOIF is the organisation you are talking about?

https://cis.org/North/Victims-MarriageRelated-Immigration-Fraud-Tell-Their-Stories

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Just read this on reddit about a woman with mental illness being "sold" so someone can get a green card

https://www.reddit.com/r/BestofRedditorUpdates/comments/tzxk7k/op_is_worried_about_their_neighbor_turns_to_rbi/

Not sure if it's true, but sounds kind of convincing. Weird though that people were calling OP a "Karen" so she didn't report anyone. Definitely needs to be reported. 

Edited by Coco8

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I agree.

Is VOIF is the organisation you are talking about?

https://cis.org/North/Victims-MarriageRelated-Immigration-Fraud-Tell-Their-Stories

Yep that’s them. Some countries I won’t mention seem to have the VAWA knowledge down pat and immediately they arrive start implementing the steps.

Sad!

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

What happens to the people who received green cards through this company? 

Will they have their GCs revoked or do they get to keep them?

Or do they remain in the US in a limbo status with work authorization? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.