rikko

DS-160? US Travel docs? What???????

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey, we've received our NOA2, I've been following the guides on the k-1 visa from visa journey but they didn't mention anything about the DS-160? (Maybe because it's not a petitioner-side thing?)

My fiance is currently out of Russia and can't receive his packet 3 by mail, is there ANYTHING in packet 3 he needs?

What's left for us after NOA2... I collected bank records for myself, employment records, my fiance has his criminal history and other paperwork but I'm so confused what's next

I also don't get what US Travel Docs is but I keep seeing people talk about it

Timeline
3 hours ago, slavaskii said:

Bro I can't thank you enough, this is so useful 😭😭😭

I was freaking out today and about to do the ds-160 but I'm so glad I made this post, and that I read your reply in time

I was following the self help guides here (https://www.visajourney.com/k1-fiance-visa-overview/) and hearing about the ds-160, mailed packet, and US travel docs was sending me into a panic 😂😭

Again, thank you so much, slavaskii!

Timeline

Hey, if you do medical in krakow and interview in Warsaw, logistically how much time would you have to spend in Krakow to pick up your medical files later?

If I recall correctly, you have to pick it up and bring it yourself to the interview and it takes about a week to be complete?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
17 hours ago, rikko said:

Hey, if you do medical in krakow and interview in Warsaw, logistically how much time would you have to spend in Krakow to pick up your medical files later?

If I recall correctly, you have to pick it up and bring it yourself to the interview and it takes about a week to be complete?

The doctor in Warsaw said the medical packet should take 3-4 days to complete. I'd presume it would be the same 'turnaround' time for the doctor in Krakow, as well. Do note that the doctor does not do X-Ray on site, so you need to go to the walk-in facility (listed on the embassy's website) to do that beforehand. I would budget a week though, that sounds fair. 

11 hours ago, rikko said:

Hey slavaskii, do you know if there's any way to check what email the NVC has for beneficiary online? 

I don't think there's a way to do it yourself, unfortunately. I would recommend calling them no matter what and verifying, plus, you can also ask for information to be sent to your email, as well. When I updated my fiancee's address they asked me themselves if I wanted to get e-mail notifications and agreed. I don't think that's automatic, though they did have my address already on file if I remember correctly.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

• 9 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

@slavaskii what number are you referring to when you say “though it asks for your USCIS number.”. Is this the A number? The WAC number? Or some other number?

thanks for all your information so far, it’s going to be invaluable for me and my partner.

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 4/7/2022 at 11:01 AM, slavaskii said:

I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability, but eventually I would like to compile a complete “Warsaw guide” and request for it to be stickied here. Maybe even this post could serve as it, but here goes. Warsaw has a relatively unique (and slightly confusing) process and the information here has been compiled from other users’ experiences. I encourage them to add to, or correct, what I write below.

1. Once you get NOA2, your petition, like all others, will go to NVC. NVC should have your case number a week or two after your packet arrives. You may call NVC directly to get your case and invoice number, though the latter is not required for Warsaw. The best times to call NVC are 7-8am EST or 11:30-12:00pm EST.

2. At any point before your case leaves NVC, you may call them to report a change of address - email or physical. It is vital for all beneficiaries leaving their home countries to have a reachable and accurate address on file.

3. NVC will email the beneficiary when the case is sent to Warsaw. Warsaw is currently accepting new K1 petitions and they appear to be forwarded every other Tuesday.

4. Your packet will arrive to Warsaw within a couple days. At this stage, you will be waiting for Packet 3 - which is both physical and email. This has been the most confusing step and I’ve been a bit wavering in my answers so let me try to finally get it straight. “Packet 3” sent by email are the generic instructions telling you that you can schedule your interview, where you can do medical, and informing the beneficiary of the IMBRA rights. Warsaw, additionally, will send your original I-129F by mail to whatever physical address you have on file. It is currently unclear whether you need the I-129F in-hand in order to come to the interview, but from my understanding, only the email component is required.

5. Complete the DS-160. After scheduling medical yourself (see below) and the interview yourself through TravelDocs (see below), proceed to the interview. I cannot stress this following part enough: if you did not receive Packet 3 before your interview date, your appointment will be cancelled by Warsaw the day before.

*Notes*

Warsaw is a self-scheduling embassy. They will not provide you a K1 interview date. To make your appointment, the beneficiary must make an account on Poland’s USATravelDocs page. It will ask for her passport and other information, but *not* the DS-160 or case number. This does not mean, however, you should be scheduling anything now. Warsaw has already told someone over the phone they should not have made the appointment before getting the case number. You must also be aware that if you schedule too early and do not have time to collect everything, or Warsaw does not ship your Packet 3, your appointment will be cancelled at very late notice.

The DS-160 is the standard non-immigrant visa application every beneficiary is required to submit. It does not ask for your case number, though it asks for your USCIS number. After submitting your DS-160 and having made an appointment, your appointment confirmation in TravelDocs should display the DS-160 confirmation code. If it does not, or displays an outdated one, call Warsaw and request a change. 

There are two doctors in Poland that will do the medical exam - one in Warsaw, one in Krakow. Both require your case number for the appointment. Warsaw’s doctor has a wait of over one month, providing nobody has cancelled last I checked. 

Good luck, and I hope this is helpful to everyone reading.

Hello 

Could you please advise about the health exam in Warsaw. How long had it took for you to get the result?

Edited by UCS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Please ask your question in another newer, more related thread.  Current thread is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.