10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

In Feb of this year, we received an email from Montreal requesting updated DS 260, affidavit of support,  passport, police report,  medical etc

The original case status had said Refused because it was in administrative processing.

Well today we checked the case status and it's changed and has us concerned!

I already have my attorney working on an updated affidavit of support because my mom just passed away and she was the sponsor but now this message is concerning and it contradicts the email we received requesting the documents. 

We have been pretty confident since Feb thinking we finally got this if they're requesting the passport.

A little background...this is an old case that was originally refused but reinstated, changed embassies,  got hardship waiver approved now finally wrapping things up. 🙏🏼

Anyone know what this message means???

Screenshot_20220406-220252_BlueMail.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would at least have the DS-260 updated and send an email to the consulate to let them know you want to keep your case active.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fna786 said:

In Feb of this year, we received an email from Montreal requesting updated DS 260, affidavit of support,  passport, police report,  medical etc

The original case status had said Refused because it was in administrative processing.

Well today we checked the case status and it's changed and has us concerned!

I already have my attorney working on an updated affidavit of support because my mom just passed away and she was the sponsor but now this message is concerning and it contradicts the email we received requesting the documents. 

We have been pretty confident since Feb thinking we finally got this if they're requesting the passport.

A little background...this is an old case that was originally refused but reinstated, changed embassies,  got hardship waiver approved now finally wrapping things up. 🙏🏼

Anyone know what this message means???

Screenshot_20220406-220252_BlueMail.jpg

The message is very much self-explanatory. If you do not contact the consulate soon your case will expire. Let them know about your circumstances and that you wish to proceed with the case and keep it going.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

The message is very much self-explanatory. If you do not contact the consulate soon your case will expire. Let them know about your circumstances and that you wish to proceed with the case and keep it going.

I agree but in their emails requesting documents received in Feb this year it said we have 1 year...so it's a surprise to see this message. I still have to file one of my taxes as well that I can't do online. Will complete it and show I've mailed it ...I guess 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

Also, for some odd reason every time  my husband calls the Dr for an appointment they ask do we have an interview date (which no we don't...we had an interview a few years ago). Then they ask for our case # and didn't see it on their system 🤷🏻‍♀️. My husband sent the embassy an email yesterday informing them about this medical test issue. ...curious if other people in Ontario have same problem 

• 2 months later...
Timeline

My case is complicated and had been in AP for a while. Recently in January they sent us an email asking for our passport,  police records, medical,  updated taxes, updated affidavit of support,  etc...we sent everything may 31st...how long will it take them to update the case status online and hopefully issue the visa and return passport?

I'm assuming since they finally asked for passport we are good 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Ontarkie changed the title to Montreal case (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

How long does Montreal keep your passport when they requested us to mail in passport,  photos, police records, medical records, and updated ds 260...we are going into 2nd month waiting. Case status still says refused but the date changed on June 30th

23 hours ago, Fna786 said:

How long does Montreal keep your passport when they requested us to mail in passport,  photos, police records, medical records, and updated ds 260...we are going into 2nd month waiting. Case status still says refused but the date changed on June 30th

There is a long administrative processing thread for Montreal on the Canada-specific page.  In some cases, the consulate has had passports for >6 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.