RipeAvocado

TN renewal while I-130 is pending

2 posts in this topic

Can anyone suggest what are the chances of getting a new TN while I-130 is pending? The petition has been pending for 23 months now and my TN expires in 6 months. Looks like both will happen at the same time. How would it be best to renew the TN? At the border or by filing for extension with I-129? I've read that most get turned back if they show up too early at the border, like a few months before expiry. I've also read that filing I-129 has to be done a few months ahead of time. Does anybody know if CBP will be able to see that I have a pending petition?

23 hours ago, RipeAvocado said:

Can anyone suggest what are the chances of getting a new TN while I-130 is pending?

May be possible, but unlikely.  Check this thread where they mention renewing a TN, and adjusting status while on TN --

23 hours ago, RipeAvocado said:

Does anybody know if CBP will be able to see that I have a pending petition?

Maybe.  Even if they don't have access to the records, if CBP asks you about any petition filed for you, you should disclose it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.