texastincup

April 2022 NVC Submissions - CR-1

253 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, haroutk said:

I didn't get anywhere by calling them. I was referred to sending them an email, which I did.

I am thinking this was sent in error because I don't see anything in my application to indicate I don't live in Canada or can't travel to Canada. If I don't hear back from them quickly, I am going to resubmit my passport with a note stating I am resubmitting due to the comment provided and should satisfy their request.

If anyone is in the same boat or hears anything further, please share.

Thank you for update. 

DQ'd today (June 30) after 2 RFE's. Received last RFE on April 14 (proof of domicile for USC spouse), uploaded spouse's voting record and a graduate school enrollment letter on April 19. Best of luck to all of you still waiting to hear back on your submissions!

17 hours ago, CesGar said:

DQ'd today (June 30) after 2 RFE's. Received last RFE on April 14 (proof of domicile for USC spouse), uploaded spouse's voting record and a graduate school enrollment letter on April 19. Best of luck to all of you still waiting to hear back on your submissions!

Were we suppose to upload proof of domicile? I thought the address on my tax reports was enough? Now I am getting scared about getting an RF. Our submission date was on the 23rd so we are getting fairly close. 

1 minute ago, Rubbertoe32 said:

Were we suppose to upload proof of domicile? I thought the address on my tax reports was enough? Now I am getting scared about getting an RF. Our submission date was on the 23rd so we are getting fairly close. 

You should be fine. My wife had been living abroad for over 10 years and used our foreign address on her tax returns.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Emenaik007 said:

Does anybody know the timeline for refused documents? I had 2 of my documents (birth certificate and policd report) refused and I uploaded the correct documents yesterday. Any idea how long it will take for them to get back to us?

usually, you get back to the end of the queue and you have to wait the whole time again.

It is a painful process

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I just checked the NVC website and I had a couple of new messages from today saying DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED!!!

I submitted my RFE response on April 21st (EVIDENCE OF INCOME because I am qualifying on assets).

I didn´t receive a DQ email yet though.  Has anybody seen this before? The approval messages on the CEAC website were from 20 minutes ago so maybe it takes some time to get the email?

Timeline
Just now, Jacky Peng said:

Would anyone know the current wait time for an RFE? Got one for the birth certificate on 6/24/22, submitted all the required documents on 7/1/22.

Hi Jacky,

Unfortunately, it seems to be pretty much whats on the NVC timeframes page. I submitted my RFE on April 21st and it was approved today, 75 days later.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Fabio R S said:

Hi Jacky,

Unfortunately, it seems to be pretty much whats on the NVC timeframes page. I submitted my RFE on April 21st and it was approved today, 75 days later.

Thanks Fabio. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it gets processed sooner. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Fabio R S said:

I just checked the NVC website and I had a couple of new messages from today saying DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED!!!

I submitted my RFE response on April 21st (EVIDENCE OF INCOME because I am qualifying on assets).

I didn´t receive a DQ email yet though.  Has anybody seen this before? The approval messages on the CEAC website were from 20 minutes ago so maybe it takes some time to get the email?

Just got the DQ email about 10 minutes ago. So less than an hour between the DQ notice on the CEAC site and the DQ email.

55 minutes ago, Fabio R S said:

Are you the petitioner or the applicant? 

I'm the applicant and got my emails 1 minute or so apart... My husband (the petitioner/sponsor) got his emails 40 minutes after me... and I think there was a gap between emails. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

Are you the petitioner or the applicant? 

I'm the applicant and got my emails 1 minute or so apart... My husband (the petitioner/sponsor) got his emails 40 minutes after me... and I think there was a gap between emails. 

I'm the petitioner but my wife (the applicant) received the DQ email at the same time as me (about 45 minutes after the DQ messages on the site).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.