JojoandTomas

APRIL 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

237 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, nas100 said:

Yeah I figured it would take longer. They told my fiance he would probably get it in a week though, and our interview was the 7th. It's just confusing for us I suppose

I was also interviewed on the 7th and the medical hadn't been added to our file which was so frustrating. They emailed today saying their still processing it so hopefully I hear back soon. No doubt their insanely busy since they only reopened fairly recently and I'm sure you'll have it soon. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, xfilez76 said:

Anyone having an issue with the I-134 form from the USCIS website? Once you download the pdf from the website and make a change, the pdf is locked. Very frustrating! 

I had to fill it out by hand. It was impossible to type into and I gave up haha

Timeline
1 hour ago, keickhoff said:

I filed the I-134 per instructions I read turns out you need the I-864, not I-134, per RFE I received 

So we need the I-864 instead of I-134 for Adjustment of Status?

Timeline
2 hours ago, keickhoff said:

Yes.  Like you I read it was I-134 in instructions, which I sent along, but 10 days later received and RFE to send I-864

Thanks for the heads up! I've been taking a mental break from paperwork before he gets here. Need to prepare for the next round of forms to fill out 😭

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/13/2022 at 4:55 PM, sleepynoodle said:

Hi everyone! Has anyone's approved petition also been lost by the USCIS after NOA2? We were approved on April 13th 2022 (NOA2) BUT our approved petition never made it to the NVC. It has been 3 months of tirelessly trying to have both NVC and USCIS find our paperwork but it has led absolutely nowhere. Please, if anyone is dealing with the same issue - let me know. We received different suggestions on what to do next - from contacting the ombudsman to sending our local congressman a letter but we were curious if we are the only ones experiencing this awful nightmare.

This is becoming more ridiculous by the day! USCIS still hasn't found our case even though they approved it on April 13 2022 (half a year of more waiting) - and this week, when my fiancé called them (for like the 100th time) to remind them that it has been another month of waiting without any substantial TIER 2 agent's updates they started straight up lying about tier 2 already having contacted us about the issue. What do we do? We wrote a big letter to the local congressman but heard nothing. Now we are submitting an inquiry to the ombudsman. Is there any way to hold the USCIS and the NVC accountable? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We have same issue and same approval date! First we thought our case is at NVC, sent inquiry to NVC, in two months they responded they didnt receive our case.

My fiancé called USCIS, they accepted service request and were supposed to respond in 30 days, in 30 days he called again they say they cannot answer why they dont send our case to NVS

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 10/22/2022 at 7:38 PM, Siberia said:

We have same issue and same approval date! First we thought our case is at NVC, sent inquiry to NVC, in two months they responded they didnt receive our case.

My fiancé called USCIS, they accepted service request and were supposed to respond in 30 days, in 30 days he called again they say they cannot answer why they dont send our case to NVS

so so sorry to hear that. We are still stuck as well. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Siberia said:

Same here... We plan to submit an inquiry, but it allows only in two weeks, have you tried it? 

inquiries didn't help us. We are now filling out an ombudsman form. From my understanding if you have complaints about the USCIS, this organization is your next step after submitting inquiries. We had two calls where we tried to talk to a TIER 2 agent at USCIS. Both were unsuccessful. They straight up lied that they already contacted us and explained everything when we had the second call. 

https://www.dhs.gov/topic/cis-ombudsman/forms/7001

https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.