Mike20090622

Expedited processing

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The OP may be interested in this thread.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

The OP may be interested in this thread.

From my recollection, the 6 month timeframe is only estimated to be achieved Q4 2023. I mean, this will be great for K1s going through AOS in the future, but I don't think this brings much solace to those who are still halfway through the I-129F stage. And I agree with the previous comment, that if all forms had premium processing (1) everyone would do it, resulting in there being no "premium," and (2) it would make the immigration system 'pay-to-win', which is expressly opposite of what the current leadership has been aiming for. To be honest, I was actually quite surprised to hear premium processing was even being expanded. 

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

From my recollection, the 6 month timeframe is only estimated to be achieved Q4 2023. I mean, this will be great for K1s going through AOS in the future, but I don't think this brings much solace to those who are still halfway through the I-129F stage. And I agree with the previous comment, that if all forms had premium processing (1) everyone would do it, resulting in there being no "premium," and (2) it would make the immigration system 'pay-to-win', which is expressly opposite of what the current leadership has been aiming for. To be honest, I was actually quite surprised to hear premium processing was even being expanded. 

Not sure how they achieve that goal? Uscis is not funded by federal, so they need raise the fees and hire more staff, then why they don’t do it right now and need us wait more than a year? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike20090622 said:

I used rapid visa as my agent and they told me K visa is always faster than CR-1

Always?  That hasn't been the case.  Did they explain the other differences between a fiance visa and a spousal visa?  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mike20090622 said:

Not sure how they achieve that goal? Uscis is not funded by federal, so they need raise the fees and hire more staff, then why they don’t do it right now and need us wait more than a year? 

I believe the goal with increasing premium processing cases is to be able to afford more adjudicators. We already know from their Q&A that 200 more are planned to help with asylum petitions - which are both extremely important and extremely delayed (I heard 5 years?!). Once those start moving again, I-129F will improve as well. It would be wonderful if USCIS got a sweet cash injection, but unfortunately immigration reform has always been a monumental struggle for Congress.

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
8 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

I believe the goal with increasing premium processing cases is to be able to afford more adjudicators. We already know from their Q&A that 200 more are planned to help with asylum petitions - which are both extremely important and extremely delayed (I heard 5 years?!). Once those start moving again, I-129F will improve as well. It would be wonderful if USCIS got a sweet cash injection, but unfortunately immigration reform has always been a monumental struggle for Congress.

The Biden administration said they were expecting 18,000 new asylum applications a day so not sure what difference 200 will make.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to General Immigration Discussion, from K1 P&P~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

10 hours ago, Mike20090622 said:

I would make other plans if I know k visa takes song long, it said 6-8 months, I tried to buy a townhouse in last November and signed the contract but my fiancé not liked it so I quit after the home inspection, my rental lease will expire in June and I hope she can come by then and she said we look at houses together and now the mortgage rates skyrocketed 

When she comes to the US on a K1, she will not be able to contribute financially for a long time (unless she has/brings savings) because she cannot work until she gets her work authorization so all of the living expenses will be on you for a long time..

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: Timeline
16 hours ago, Mike20090622 said:

Why don’t they provide such services to all visas?

The following reasons may be in play, IMO. 

IR visas are (at least in theory) already the top priority for USCIS adjudication.  USCIS may not want to deal with the appearacne of creating a "priveleged", rich class of citizens for a process that should be equally available to all.

It would not be feasible to offer expedited premium processing for the family preference (F1- F4) catagories because of the numerical limitations based on those categories.  Paying a premium fee would not change the Priority Date on the petition, so after paying for premium USCIS processing, your application would just sit even longer at NVC until your PD was current.  (It would also mean that more children would age out if the time between application and approval was shortened significantly, especially for F4 visas). 

And, finally, the selected categories have far fewer applications than the family-based ones.  So a little extra effort can make a bigger PR splash.

Edited by jan22

Timeline

12 hours ago, Boiler said:

The Biden administration said they were expecting 18,000 new asylum applications a day so not sure what difference 200 will make.

It is the usual "feel good" measure which will have little to no impact on the real issue.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, jan22 said:

IR visas are (at least in theory) already the top priority for USCIS adjudication.  USCIS may not want to deal with the appearacne of creating a "priveleged", rich class of citizens for a process that should be equally available to all.

It would not be feasible to offer expedited premium processing for the family preference (F1- F4) catagories because of the numerical limitations based on those categories.  Paying a premium fee would not change the Priority Date on the petition, so after paying for premium USCIS processing, your application would just sit even longer at NVC until your PD was current.  (It would also mean that more children would age out if the time between application and approval was shortened significantly, especially for F4 visas). 

And, finally, the selected categories have far fewer applications than the family-based ones.  So a little extra effort can make a bigger PR splash.

Yes, if you are rich enough, then you can easily and quickly get gold visa or silver visa, you are just middle class working people and you don’t deserve a quick response 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, jan22 said:

So a little extra effort can make a bigger PR splash.

That is the top priority for the current administration.  Their poll numbers are in the toilet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
27 minutes ago, jan22 said:

I do not think anyone is expecting to be able to expedite a priority date.

An IR case for example should take a month or so rather than the current 18, that would  be the focus. Sort of similar to how DCF can be so much quicker.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Mike20090622 said:

Why don’t they provide such services to all visas?

CR/IR visas aren't lucrative enough...they take a long time to process and are essentially guaranteed.

As Boiler said, follow the money.  Really, I don't know that it's that massive of a change for the employment visas because some of the I-140's can already be premium processed for a fee.  In the case of students, I suppose they need to be able to go to school and if they have the fat stacks of cash to attend a US institution, again, money talks.  Not just fees to USCIS, but to the IRS in taxes and to the educational institutions in tuition ad fees.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.