Hamy

Tax Extension 2021

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We have interview for I-485 on 13 Apr 2022. My sponsor (wife) didn't file tax for 2021 bcz we want to foling jointly and waiting for my SSN. She filed tax extension for 2021 and got deadline til OCT 2022. We have tax extension paper from Turbo tax and her W2. I want to know will it be problem in my interview ? Or extension is acceptable with USCIS? Any expert advice or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

only need 2020 income on the 13th of April

the officer may ask for 2021 income proof / its up to that officer

but u will not get that SS # till the interview is approved so not sure of your thinking on reason not to file 2021 tax returns

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

only need 2020 income on the 13th of April

the officer may ask for 2021 income proof / its up to that officer

but u will not get that SS # till the interview is approved so not sure of your thinking on reason not to file 2021 tax returns

They approve my EAD on 29 March so I'm expecting SSN in some weeks that's why we file for extension. And we are married since FEB 2020 so we r qualified for filing married jointly. If he will ask for 2021 income proof I've W2 and paystubs along with Tax Extension paper. 

Edited by Hamy

~ Topic moved from K1 Fiancé visa forum to AOS work/tourist/student visas - OP is not doing K1 and is adjusting status from a tourist visa. Please post in an appropriate forum next time ~

Timeline
25 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

~ Topic moved from K1 Fiancé visa forum to AOS work/tourist/student visas - OP is not doing K1 and is adjusting status from a tourist visa. Please post in an appropriate forum next time ~

Whenever you move my question to different places nobody really answer my Query. Idk what's the matter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hamy said:

Whenever you move my question to different places nobody really answer my Query. Idk what's the matter.

I did

the officer can ask u for anything they feel is needed 

can be 2021 tax returns or letter of employment with start date and salary or just last year's taxes and current pay stubs

this is a query that will only be answered day of interview as it is at the dicretion of the immigration officer

and moving to the proper category just is for anyone to be able to pull up the query in the future for a reference / its nothing insulting /  it is now under AOS for those who will follow go thru the process in the future 

my queries are moved all the time as they are of interest to Moroccan petitions and all embassies don't follow the same exact proceedures 

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

I did

the officer can ask u for anything they feel is needed 

can be 2021 tax returns or letter of employment with start date and salary or just last year's taxes and current pay stubs

this is a query that will only be answered day of interview as it is at the dicretion of the immigration officer

and moving to the proper category just is for anyone to be able to pull up the query in the future for a reference / its nothing insulting /  it is now under AOS for those who will follow go thru the process in the future 

my queries are moved all the time as they are of interest to Moroccan petitions and all embassies don't follow the same exact proceedures 

Ok thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/1/2022 at 12:23 PM, Hamy said:

We have interview for I-485 on 13 Apr 2022. My sponsor (wife) didn't file tax for 2021 bcz we want to foling jointly and waiting for my SSN. She filed tax extension for 2021 and got deadline til OCT 2022. We have tax extension paper from Turbo tax and her W2. I want to know will it be problem in my interview ? Or extension is acceptable with USCIS? Any expert advice or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

We're doing the same thing, extending tax filing this year due to some personal reasons. And our interview is next day to yours. I don't feel really worried about it now since the previous taxes in the last 3 years were provided. I'm hoping if they ask further documents it will be an RFE that we can submit later on. Good luck to us!

Timeline
Just now, dubu said:

We're doing the same thing, extending tax filing this year due to some personal reasons. And our interview is next day to yours. I don't feel really worried about it now since the previous taxes in the last 3 years were provided. I'm hoping if they ask further documents it will be an RFE that we can submit later on. Good luck to us!

I hope so too. Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.