Joe98

Pictures for Manila embassy? (merged)

9 posts in this topic

This is a short topic. My fiancee has her k1 visa interview next week at the Manila embassy. I have heard several others who have been through the interview say that they don't even look at pictures but one out of 10 people say they might. Should I send her a few pictures since we have met or not worry about it. Any advice would be great from other past Manila interviews. 

I don't mean to be trying to post a double or duplicate thread about this but somehow I think my last question slipped through and no one saw it. So here it goes again. Does anyone know if the US embassy in Manila ask for photos during the k1 visa interview?  I have read where many people said no but some have said yes. So I'm hoping for any vj person who has had experience recently in the k1 visa category to be able to give me advice for the k1 visa interview. My fiancee will have her interview next week. We took pictures when we met over 2 years ago and I can send some to her electronically if needed. I hope someone will let me know. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

always refer to what immigration site says

and yes, the photos you need are 2 passport photos of beneficary 

and it says evidence of the realtionship to USC so photos of the 2 of u help but r not required 

• Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)

in some embassies they don't look at them but see that u r prepared to show them as it is evident u have some personal photos with u

and if u do not take them ,  they can ask for some/ they have in our embassy 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

• Ontarkie changed the title to Pictures for Manila embassy? (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate threads merged. Please only start one thread for the same or related topic. Just like the immigration process sometimes it takes awhile to get replies. Thread also moved to the PI forum as this is can be a country specific question~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

I made a few pages of pdf photos and my wife printed them at an internet cafe before her interview.  As expected, the Embassy didn't even look at them, but it was really easy to do so better safe than sorry.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

I really don't understand why you have waited till the last minute to ask all of your questions. Let me ex[plain the process. It is long from start to finish in the best of cases. Being unprepared makes it take even longer but we have to blame ourselves for that one.

If there is ANY chance that you MIGHT need something, BRING IT. You don't even really need to ask that here because everyone who has been through the process will tell you that. In this process you do not want RFE's or 221g's. They are usually avoidable if you are prepared and bring everything. If you go into battle will you just bring enough bullets that you think you might need or as many as you can carry, just in case? That's how you approach the interview. Every question my wife asked she had an immediate answer. She did not have to think, she studied. She had lots of pictures and evidence of all of our time together. Honestly she needed a fraction of what she brought, but every interviewer is different, some may ask for some things and another other things. So come fully loaded.

I made a timeline for my wife months before her interview. It had the dates of every trip I took there, When we met, where we met, where we stayed, When I got divorced, everything. She knew these things but would need to think about it if asked. By giving her this months before her interview she studied like she was studying for a test. She knew it all by memory.

Mine was a spousal visa not K-1 but the things I am saying are universal.

One more bit of advice. Make sure your fiance's birth certificate does not say delayed registration. If it does she will need extra information that is not listed.

13 hours ago, top_secret said:

I made a few pages of pdf photos and my wife printed them at an internet cafe before her interview.  As expected, the Embassy didn't even look at them, but it was really easy to do so better safe than sorry.

This...I sent photos on a PDF to our joint Gmail account (this has proven invaluable for sharing information) and printed them for when WE went to the interview. Never asked to see them.  Didn't ask to see anything. Four questions and out.

Finally done...

4 hours ago, Carpe Vinum said:

This...I sent photos on a PDF to our joint Gmail account (this has proven invaluable for sharing information)

My wife had a PC and laptop so I created a Dropbox folder and shared it with her. I used it for everything to do with her immigration and our sons CRBA's. It's a little easier searching the folder structure than emails. But if they don't have a PC email is probably the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.