PaulineA

what is your biggest achievment in life?

What is your biggest achievment in life so far?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. something to do with:

• Bieng together with your loved one
    • Driving (passing test)
    • Education
    • Recovering from an illness
    • Your children
    • Just getting out of bed in the morning is and achievment
    • Something else
  2. 2. Has your biggest achievment yet to happen?

• Yes
    • No

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I've had many achievements along the way, but I would say that the biggest, hardest, and most life changing on thusfar was recovering from my surgery.

I say 'thusfar' cos I'm not done yet, ;)

Lisa,

I've never read your story about your surgery. Do you have a link to it somewhere so that I can read it? I looked in your profile, but I can't find it there. I would like to read it, if you don't mind. Thanks.

Nah I don't mind...in fact I prolly go on too much about it from time to time, lol.

Thank God for the 'advanced search' on vj, hahahaha.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...spinal++surgery

There but for the Grace of God, yanno?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I've had many achievements along the way, but I would say that the biggest, hardest, and most life changing on thusfar was recovering from my surgery.

I say 'thusfar' cos I'm not done yet, ;)

Lisa,

I've never read your story about your surgery. Do you have a link to it somewhere so that I can read it? I looked in your profile, but I can't find it there. I would like to read it, if you don't mind. Thanks.

Nah I don't mind...in fact I prolly go on too much about it from time to time, lol.

Thank God for the 'advanced search' on vj, hahahaha.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...spinal++surgery

There but for the Grace of God, yanno?

Thanks Lisa, I'm glad you survived your surgery and live to tell the tail. I almost cried when I read what your mother said before your surgery. Very sad story, but I'm glad it was a happy ending for you and your family. (F)

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

Thanks Lisa, I'm glad you survived your surgery and live to tell the tail. I almost cried when I read what your mother said before your surgery. Very sad story, but I'm glad it was a happy ending for you and your family. (F)

Thanks Pauline...yeah I've been blessed...and the hardest part of that whole thing was the toll it took on my mother at the time. She is the strongest woman I know & I marvel at the woman she is. I'd have been carted off to the looney been if it were the other way around.

Edited by LisaD

Timeline

Thanks Pauline...yeah I've been blessed...and the hardest part of that whole thing was the toll it took on my mother at the time. She is the strongest woman I know & I marvel at the woman she is. I'd have been carted off to the looney been if it were the other way around.

Oh I forgot to ask, was it a car accident? I'm really nosey, sorry.

I thought I was dying when my son was born. I had to have a c-section, and I think the anesthetic had a bad affect on me. My throat closed up, I couldn't breath, and my chest went all tight. I woke up in the recovery room. My husband said I was saying "I'm dying, I'm dying." I didn't even know I had been saying that. It felt like a near death experience, really quite scary. However, I live to tell the story also. I like hearing about achievments in other peoples lives it is good to know that people can achieve anything if they try. More achievments to come in this life time. As you say, "We're not done yet." lol.

[color=#800080]AOS

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

my biggest achievement is being on the green side of the grass :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Let's see here....

I've been married before...have 2 beautiful children from that marriage...

Been separated and divorced from their father since 2001 (that alone is an achievement)

Now engaged to Pete from England....he's flown back and forth..and I've been there as well....

Trying to get thru this Visa Process without loosing our marbles ...that will be our biggest achievement....

Also, I've started college...going for my associates degree in Criminal Justice..and have an interview with the local sheriff's department this Thursday (I need this job...as I lost mine May 1st!) ...so say a prayer for me!! That will be an accomplishment!! lol

I-129F

13 April 2007--Mailed I-129F (Processed at California Service Center)

18 April 2007--Received NOA1

13 Aug. 2007--Received NOA2

09 Oct. 2007--Medical in London

08 Nov. 2007--Visa Interview & Approved

14 Nov. 2007--Pete receives K1 visa in the mail

21 Nov. 2007-- Pete arrives in the United States (together at last!!)

27 Dec. 2007--Our 3 year anniversary of being engaged

16 Feb. 2008--We were married!!

AOS

........ho hum....

I thought I was dying when my son was born. I had to have a c-section, and I think the anesthetic had a bad affect on me. My throat closed up, I couldn't breath, and my chest went all tight. I woke up in the recovery room. My husband said I was saying "I'm dying, I'm dying." I didn't even know I had been saying that. It felt like a near death experience, really quite scary. However, I live to tell the story also. I like hearing about achievments in other peoples lives it is good to know that people can achieve anything if they try. More achievments to come in this life time. As you say, "We're not done yet." lol.

omG, that must have been terrifying! Thank God it was just a scare!

Oh and yeah, my injury was caused by a car accident. 86 year old man driving on the wrong side of the road. I was going around a curved underpass and I never saw him comin...head on collision.

He, on the other hand...was perfectly fine. Not a scratch! I used to see him powerwalking past my house. I saw him cos I was in a wheelchair for 5 mos & couldn't do sh!t. And he never said 'I'm sorry'

A while later after my recovery, I went to his house. I wanted him to just acknowledge what he did to my life. I had this need to tell him.

He died like the day before I got there. :angry: But I'm ok with it now, but back then....boooooooy was I pissed off. :lol:

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I think my biggest achievement is yet to come. I feel too young to say if I have had my biggest achievement yet, there are a lot of years left for me to live. I haven't had any tragedies to go through really. I haven't done anything so huge so far. Getting married was awesome, going to India and seeing the Taj Mahal was awesome, graduating college was nice, and now I am having a baby which is awesome. But still I think there is much more to come in the future.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

omG, that must have been terrifying! Thank God it was just a scare!

Oh and yeah, my injury was caused by a car accident. 86 year old man driving on the wrong side of the road. I was going around a curved underpass and I never saw him comin...head on collision.

He, on the other hand...was perfectly fine. Not a scratch! I used to see him powerwalking past my house. I saw him cos I was in a wheelchair for 5 mos & couldn't do sh!t. And he never said 'I'm sorry'

A while later after my recovery, I went to his house. I wanted him to just acknowledge what he did to my life. I had this need to tell him.

He died like the day before I got there. :angry: But I'm ok with it now, but back then....boooooooy was I pissed off. :lol:

Yeah, it would have been decent if he'd at least acknowledged what had happenened, and at the least said how sorry he was about the accident. He should have been prosecuted for that, what a stupid thing to do, driving on the wrong side of the road. It's always the victims that suffer in these situation. I'm glad you're feeling better about things now though.

[color=#800080]AOS

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Timeline

That should be multiple choice, I can't choose only one. I consider some of the biggest achievements in my life my education, finding true love, when I used to be part of this street dance team I accomplished a lot, I'm very proud of that, today getting out of the bed was a incredible achievement :P but my biggest achievement is yet to come. My mom says that life starts at 30, so I'm not even born yet :lol: I'll have all my life to achieve something great.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline
That should be multiple choice, I can't choose only one. I consider some of the biggest achievements in my life my education, finding true love, when I used to be part of this street dance team I accomplished a lot, I'm very proud of that, today getting out of the bed was a incredible achievement :P but my biggest achievement is yet to come. My mom says that life starts at 30, so I'm not even born yet :lol: I'll have all my life to achieve something great.

ah cool, i better write that down "wife starts at 30" :innocent:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

1st: My children, 2 year old daughter and Delivering my 6 month old son after wife went in labor at home

2nd marrying my Wife after we reunited 13 years after our fisrt meeting

3rd my education & health

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

1. my children (but not so much an achievement as a gift)

2. my degrees and my current career

3. overcoming a few personal/family tragedies

4. being thankful for each day

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi