Charlie Brown 302

Scheduling SLEC and USEM K1

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

Just wanted to post that, as of today, the earliest available day for K1 medical is April 19th with several times slots available and K1 interviews available to us are every Thursday at 6:30 a.m. for May, with a few 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. slots available for the April dates.

Going through this process, it appears that I could have scheduled the medical appointment first to avoid having to reschedule the interview appointment.

Also, SLEC, posted that Covid test not required prior to entering the building.

I was going to add pictures for proof, but I am not sure how to resize them.

Timeline

Thanks for the update. My fiance and I will be trying to set up appointments as soon as we finish the DS-160 and pay the fee. We're currently battling technical issues, but hopefully we get through it soon and can have our medical and interview dates.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, abaa said:

Thanks for the update. My fiance and I will be trying to set up appointments as soon as we finish the DS-160 and pay the fee. We're currently battling technical issues, but hopefully we get through it soon and can have our medical and interview dates.

It took us a little more than 3 hours to finish our DS-160 due to it constantly timing out.

We tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge. All have the same issue after getting through about 2 or 3 pages.

Maybe try clearing cookies and cash after a few pages saved?

I did not think about trying that until the day after we were done.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown 302 said:

It took us a little more than 3 hours to finish our DS-160 due to it constantly timing out.

We tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge. All have the same issue after getting through about 2 or 3 pages.

Maybe try clearing cookies and cash after a few pages saved?

I did not think about trying that until the day after we were done.

Thanks for the tip. I think the issues are on their end though so there isn't a lot we can do about it. We seem to be making progress though. I'm not sure what has happened to cell phone service where my fiance lives in the Philippines, but it is taking up to two hours to get a response. I'm not sure if it is a localized issue or if things have just gotten worse there. We never experienced this before the pandemic, but this has been pretty common since then. It makes it difficult to get through some of these questions. Also, the electricity is off every other week, which makes it difficult to keep the battery charged. Just an added challenge to the process. Hopefully, we won't have to deal with this too much longer if all goes well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.