Lonny&Kris

Waiting for expedite results

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Is anyone else here still waiting on results of expedite request? I was asked to provide evidence for expedite request, and submitted evidence on March 2nd, and was told it was sent to an officer for review. I don't know what exactly they are reviewing, as it's pretty obvious to the entire world what is going on. I have recently reached out to my state senators office to inquire on my behalf which was done on Monday March 21st. I understand USCIS tends to take there time with things, but I honestly don't understand why it's taking so long for them to say either yes or no to expedite request. I don't want to sound entitled or impatient but it's been increasingly difficult as each day passes with no response. Anyways, sorry for the rant, just wanted to hear from any others if they are still waiting for results from their expedite requests, and if so how long.

On the same boat! Filled an expedite request on March 1st, approved March 2nd and no news since then. Not sure what to do as we are in Poland together but my 90 days here ends soon and don't want to leave my fiancee here by herself. We are thinking to get married & file i-130 in person but not sure whether it's going to be faster than waiting for expedited 129f.. 

Timeline

I'm also in Poland with my fiance and have thought about getting married here as well. I have even been thinking about going to Mexico because I am starting to get desperate. I can't leave her here, but also won't be able to stay much longer. I'm glad you at least got approved for an expedite. I can't seem to understand why our case still hasn't been approved for an expedite. I think 23 days is plenty of time to decide whether or not to expedite. Anyways I'm wishing the best for the both of us, and everyone else 🙂

On 3/24/2022 at 10:27 AM, Lonny&Kris said:

Is anyone else here still waiting on results of expedite request? I was asked to provide evidence for expedite request, and submitted evidence on March 2nd, and was told it was sent to an officer for review. I don't know what exactly they are reviewing, as it's pretty obvious to the entire world what is going on. I have recently reached out to my state senators office to inquire on my behalf which was done on Monday March 21st. I understand USCIS tends to take there time with things, but I honestly don't understand why it's taking so long for them to say either yes or no to expedite request. I don't want to sound entitled or impatient but it's been increasingly difficult as each day passes with no response. Anyways, sorry for the rant, just wanted to hear from any others if they are still waiting for results from their expedite requests, and if so how long.

I filed expedite request on March 1st. And on March 2nd I received email that my expedite request was approved and I should hear back from them in within 45 days . Then on March 8, i happened to sign in to USCIS just to check the status , and my visa was approved on March 8! The few days later I received my NOA 2.. They send packet to NVC.. and in the letter it states to allow 2-4 weeks for NVC for processing.. Does anyone know it if literally take 2-4 weeks there , or longer ?

Timeline

We got our expedite request approved. We didn't receive any email or mail about it? Just a case status update.

Also we have been trying to change the address and waiting USCIS officer to call us, as the online form is not accepting the address and the customer service has not been able to update the address either. We were told to submit I-865, which we did too, that form is not correct also it did not result the change of address. Super complicated. Now I am just thinking what if we are not able to update the petitioners address before NOA2? Anyone knows what happens if we don't get the hardcopy of NOA2?

On 3/27/2022 at 4:11 PM, Natafaith said:

I filed expedite request on March 1st. And on March 2nd I received email that my expedite request was approved and I should hear back from them in within 45 days . Then on March 8, i happened to sign in to USCIS just to check the status , and my visa was approved on March 8! The few days later I received my NOA 2.. They send packet to NVC.. and in the letter it states to allow 2-4 weeks for NVC for processing.. Does anyone know it if literally take 2-4 weeks there , or longer ?

Which address does noa-2 come to ? We have mailing address ,  physical address that we put.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

After sending the expedite request to NVCExpidite@state.gov  instead of using the NVC query form I also got a response within 1 day saying that it is under review.  I assume this phrasing means that the case is in the queue in Frankfurt:

Your request for expedited processing of this immigrant visa petition is under review. We will send you the result when it is completed.

Please note: Only the U.S. Embassy or Consulate can approve or deny expedite requests.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, RnJ2021 said:

Only the U.S. Embassy or Consulate can approve or deny expedite requests.

That is interesting that only the embassy can approve or deny the request. I wasn't aware.

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline

One day later:

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in FRANKFURT, GER approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application. The National Visa Center sent your immigrant visa application to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in FRANKFURT, GER for their action. The Embassy/Consulate General will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview.

Wow! I lost 3 weeks by not using NVCExpedite@state.gov

Timeline
1 hour ago, RnJ2021 said:

One day later:

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in FRANKFURT, GER approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application. The National Visa Center sent your immigrant visa application to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in FRANKFURT, GER for their action. The Embassy/Consulate General will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview.

Wow! I lost 3 weeks by not using NVCExpedite@state.gov

Hey our legal rep reached out with expedite request via that email weeks ago and we still havent got an answer. Don’t beat yourself up. I’m glad to see good news!

Timeline
4 hours ago, chivaschivas said:

Hey our legal rep reached out with expedite request via that email weeks ago and we still havent got an answer. Don’t beat yourself up. I’m glad to see good news!

I wonder if the fact Jenny is a refugee already in Frankfurt helped our timeline?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.