devusr

Form I-601 - Religious Exemption

12 posts in this topic

You file the waiver and pay the fee after interview. Then you have to wait outside the US while the decide your case. Then I think it takes about 1 year before they reach a decision. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, devusr said:

From what I can tell, this is filed after the medical exam and interview. How long will it take? What happens if it is denied (can they get the vaccine then and continue or do they have to refile from the beginning)?

8 to 12 months seems to be the norm.

You can file again.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

9 hours ago, devusr said:

From what I can tell, this is filed after the medical exam and interview. How long will it take? What happens if it is denied (can they get the vaccine then and continue or do they have to refile from the beginning)?

If your spouse would take the vaccine at a later time to be able to immigrate, it seems like it is an expensive and long way to delay your reunion.  Would you move to them to avoid the vaccine?  Something to discuss between you two.  Best of luck. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can refile a waiver

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 3/23/2022 at 2:24 PM, devusr said:

You mean if I have to file again...it means restarting the entire I-130 process...potentially waiting another 12 months just for the I-130 to be approved???

You may be waiting 12 months or more for the I-601 Waiver to be decided..and possibly denied. Unlike other forms you may have completed, Waivers require  a great deal more…most don’t DIY them because they know they will be stuck outside for a long dime .

not just a statement. You will need to prove that u are  ANTI  ALL vaccines , the particular Church of your Religion is anti ALL vaccines  and more….

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Several posts have been split into a new thread:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am also applying for I-601 waiver for the vaccines for religious objections .  I told the doctor at the medical and he noted it on my medical form.   I had my interview not that long ago.   The consulate already knew I was applying for a waiver.  I didn’t have to tell them.  The interview went well but I  was refused (denied) the immigrant visa at the consulate interview for  not completing the vaccines and deemed “inadmissible”.  I mailed my waiver this week.  I have heard of recent vaccine approvals a few months ago even for someone (AOS processing) who had vaccines not that long ago.  Hers was approved very quickly.  I am praying it will be approved and approved quickly as a matter of discretion based on my sincere beliefs.   If the waiver is denied,  what then?  does that mean you are banned entry as an immigrant and non-immigrant?  

Edited by Bog-can

• 8 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 3/31/2022 at 9:31 PM, Bog-can said:

I am also applying for I-601 waiver for the vaccines for religious objections .  I told the doctor at the medical and he noted it on my medical form.   I had my interview not that long ago.   The consulate already knew I was applying for a waiver.  I didn’t have to tell them.  The interview went well but I  was refused (denied) the immigrant visa at the consulate interview for  not completing the vaccines and deemed “inadmissible”.  I mailed my waiver this week.  I have heard of recent vaccine approvals a few months ago even for someone (AOS processing) who had vaccines not that long ago.  Hers was approved very quickly.  I am praying it will be approved and approved quickly as a matter of discretion based on my sincere beliefs.   If the waiver is denied,  what then?  does that mean you are banned entry as an immigrant and non-immigrant?  

Can you please share how your process went?  My husband filed the waiver and was approved in 2020- pre rona jab.  I am looking for information on how this process is looking with this new injection added.  Thank you

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

USCIS failed to contact me except they did notify me theY received to request in April 2022. I was waitng to see when my personal check from US Bank was cashed to know they are reviewing.

I was using the original Receipt Number when checking the status on the USCIS web site. I failed to notice they provided a NEW receipt number when they notified me on April. 

When I used that number the notice it said my checking account had insufficent funds and was rejected. That is impossible as I have 500,000.00 in the account amd can prove it.

There is no way to contact USCIS to discuss AT ALL.

I am so angry. I resubmitted the documents again with a cashiers check with an explanation.

To date we have heard nothing from USCIS. MY last recourse is to contact my US Senator for help.

All these illegal immgrants entering the border in the south.

So pissed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.