melenet

Flowers and flying to philippines

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I'll be leaving out of SFO tomorrow to see my honey in Manila. I've bought her flowers from Manila Florist islandrose.net and they seem to be delivered in a timely fashion. But the roses don't seem to last very long. I'm considering taking flowers with me from US to surprise her. Anyone know any tips? I would want to carry on to keep them properly, but I don't know:

1) if US will not allow me to carry flowers out of the country

2) if Philippines has agricultural restrictions

Thank you,

Chris

P.S. I've been lurking around the forums and have found visajourney so helpful. I definitely benefited from the recommendations on how to send the K1 application.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I would be hesitant to do this. There are restrictions on bringing in any type of plant or animal to a different country unless you have a certain permit.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

I would be hesitant to do this. There are restrictions on bringing in any type of plant or animal to a different country unless you have a certain permit.

Correct, there are usually restrictions at customs regarding biological items such as plants, fruit and food. It may be more trouble than its worth. Look for import restrictions and customs information for the Philippines.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline
thanks for the advice. I was quite worried about the restrictions to begin with. :thumbs:

Aside from that. Such a long fight with So many flowers would not be fun haha.

12/13/04 - Met online

04/02/05 - 1st of 5 trips to the Philippines. The last of which I spent 6 months.

04/02/07- 129-F sent to NSC

04/09/07- Receipt notice date for NOA1

04/13/07- Received NOA1

07/09/07- Touched - Due to phone call I am guessing

07/10/07- 2nd touch hmmmm should I be excited? HAHA

07/11/07- 3rd touch - may or may not be due to a phone call.

07/16/07- 4th touch

07/17/07- 5th touch

07/20/07- NOA2

07/26/07- Received NOA2 hard copy

07/26/07- Received by NVC

07/30/07- NVC Shipped petition to Manila Embassy

10/05/07- Interview date WOW/ Approved

My photos

thanks for the advice. I was quite worried about the restrictions to begin with. :thumbs:

I agree here, my flight (PAL) was 13 hours and the plane really wasn't the coolest to keep the flowers in good condition.

Removing Conditions

11/29/09 - I-751 Sent

11/30/09 - I-751 Received

12/01/11 - NOA

08/24/12 - Approved, no interview, card ordered

AOS/EAD/AP

06/11/09 - AOS/EAD/AP Sent

12/29/09 - AOS Approved, no interview, card ordered

01/04/10 - LPR card received

-------

Please update your time-line, it benefits us all.

If you are flying flowers to the Philippines, they might be patay about time they make it there. Hehehehehe!!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello,

I'll be leaving out of SFO tomorrow to see my honey in Manila. I've bought her flowers from Manila Florist islandrose.net and they seem to be delivered in a timely fashion. But the roses don't seem to last very long. I'm considering taking flowers with me from US to surprise her. Anyone know any tips? I would want to carry on to keep them properly, but I don't know:

Thank you,

Chris

P.S. I've been lurking around the forums and have found visajourney so helpful. I definitely benefited from the recommendations on how to send the K1 application.

Chris,

1. The US does not worry about you taking flowers with you to another country.

2. The Philippine government would require a phytosanitary certificate which you can get from the USDA, for $100.

Better to just buy them over there!!!!

OUR TIMELINE

MARCH 7, 2007 - SENT I-129F TO CSC

MARCH 13, 2007- NOA1

MARCH 19, 2007- REC'D BY SNAIL MAIL

May 23, 2007- APPROVED!

May 24, 2007- Rec'd e mail stating I was approved on the 23rd!!!!

May 29, 2007- Arrives at NVC

May 30, 2007- Called NVC and received MNL#

May 31, 2007- Left NVC headed to MANILA

June 4, 2007- Petition Arrives at USE Manila

June 12, 2007- Packet Mailed from Manila

June 25, 2007- Rec'd Packet

July 27, 2007- Medical appointment Aug. 3, 2007- August 3rd Interview, APPROVED!!! 149 days from filing!!!

Sept. 7,2007- Mary will be landing in LAX

Filed: Timeline

I agree here, my flight (PAL) was 13 hours and the plane really wasn't the coolest to keep the flowers in good condition.

13 hours? Coming to the USA or going to Phil? My flight was almost 18 hours. The flight home is 11.5.

13 hours? Coming to the USA or going to Phil? My flight was almost 18 hours. The flight home is 11.5.

It was 13 hours both ways between Manila and LAX. It was scheduled as 16 hours but the flight time was only 13.

Removing Conditions

11/29/09 - I-751 Sent

11/30/09 - I-751 Received

12/01/11 - NOA

08/24/12 - Approved, no interview, card ordered

AOS/EAD/AP

06/11/09 - AOS/EAD/AP Sent

12/29/09 - AOS Approved, no interview, card ordered

01/04/10 - LPR card received

-------

Please update your time-line, it benefits us all.

You all are so lucky with the short flights. Mine was a total of 4 flights and 31 hours all together. And to top that off a over night ferry ride. And then a 5 hour bus ride. You are considered lucky if you can fly right out and go direct, but I had to fly to Detroit, then Japan, then Manila, spend the night alone in Manila airport, then fly to Cebu. Did I enjoy every minute of it, almost. Is the trip worth it, definitely. :yes:

I-130

March, 23 2007 Sent; March 26, 2007 Rcvd, March 30, 2007 NOA1

April 2, 2007 Touch - "Case received and pending"

August 27, 2007 faxed expedite request, August 28th, 29th, 30th Touch

September 3, 2007 Called CSC, nothing yet (Touches sept. 3 & 4)

September 10, 2007 Called CSC, file is "in transit" (Touches sept. 10 & 11)

October 16, 2007 NOA2 mailed

November will not forward to NVC, due to pending I-129f

I-129F

April 16, 2007 Sent to Chicago, IL; April 17, 2007 Rcvd, Apriil 20, 2007 NOA1

May 11, 2007 Transfer Notice - CSC

June 6, 2007 Touch - "The case is now pending at the office at which it was transferred

August 27, 2007 faxed expedite request (August 27th, 28th Touch)

September 3, 2007 Called CSC, nothing yet (Sept. 3rd & 4th Touch)

September 10, 2007 Called CSC, file is "in transit" Touches sept. 10 & 11

October - RFE, Received, then moved into additional security checks for 6 months or more

November 30, 2007 NOA 2

Feb 26-St. Lukes

March 4- Inverview- APPROVED!!!

Timeline
Hello,

Thank you,

Chris

Chris,

Not certain, but I think that TSA would care and may not let you through departure security with them.

In any case, far better to buy the flowers there in the Manila. That is UNLESS, of course, your concern is to be able to have them IN HAND as you depart the airport arrivals terminal with her waiting to greet you (you big romantic, you!!!) - then how about a different option than flowers? Maybe a Big Stuffed Animal with a Bright Bow or something like that.. :)

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello,

Thank you,

Chris

Chris,

Not certain, but I think that TSA would care and may not let you through departure security with them.

In any case, far better to buy the flowers there in the Manila. That is UNLESS, of course, your concern is to be able to have them IN HAND as you depart the airport arrivals terminal with her waiting to greet you (you big romantic, you!!!) - then how about a different option than flowers? Maybe a Big Stuffed Animal with a Bright Bow or something like that.. :)

Warm Regards,

Samby

what about taking silk ones? and as far as flights go so far they want me to fly from atl to penn, to washington.d.c to london than to cassa morocco than a 12 hours bus ride to my loves home. what a ride . i am trying to get it so i can fly from atl to pa to cassa but so far no luck, they also suggested me going to newyork instead of Pa, but i am not crazy about being in the city plus they wanted me to change airports, my biggest fear about flying is getting lost at the airport and missing my plane. when i drove up home last spring i got so lost it end ed up taking 23 hours one way when it would have taken only 18. and the first flight i mention was 22 hours long. no thank you.mony

Wow, I love these old posts showing back up :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.