Charlie Brown 302

Does the CEAC know who clicked the DS160 signature page?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Apologies if this is in the incorrect location and thank you advance for any advice.

My Filipino fiance and I just completed the DS160, after numerous time out drops and 3 hours later, and I was wondering if we may have made a mistake.

She started the process on her laptop in Manila, but has an absolutely terrible internet connection, so we completed the form from my computer here in the US with her assistance via TeamViewer.

Basically, I was the one who actually clicked on the signature box and entered her passport information for her.

Did we make a mistake with this?

Should we resubmit making sure that she clicks on the signature block from her computer in manila?

Thank you again for any advice

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown 302 said:

Basically, I was the one who actually clicked on the signature box and entered her passport information for her.

That's fine, as long as your fiancee understands that what's in the submitted DS-160 is her responsibility.  That is, all the info entered on the DS-160 is taken as her statement, not yours.  No need to re-submit.

I always filled out everything dude.  If that’s illegal we broke the law a ka-jillion times.  Signature by proxy with express permission however is not against the law.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Back in the day I submitted it. There was no chance for her to keep an internet connection long enough to do the 160 where she lived. I also used a VPN just in case)

Finally done...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.