K&S1

Evidence of Domicile

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello everyone, my spouse just recently 3/9/2022 completed his interview at the embassy in Ghana and his passport was kept and he was told he wouldn’t have to come back but we just needed to upload my 2020 or 2021 tax return and evidence of US domicile since I’ve been staying in his country with him since July 2021. I submitted my tax return but I am wondering if the evidence of domicile I provided is enough. I submitted my car insurance which shows my address and that it was renewed in Dec 2021 and valid through June 2022. I also submitted mail from my bank with my address on it. I don’t have a lease with my name on it since my intention is to go back to the states and live with my mom and be her caretaker which my husband explained at the interview. I am concerned as to whether this is enough as the case still shows refused and last case update shows 3/14/2021. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

7 minutes ago, K&S1 said:

Hello everyone, my spouse just recently 3/9/2022 completed his interview at the embassy in Ghana and his passport was kept and he was told he wouldn’t have to come back but we just needed to upload my 2020 or 2021 tax return and evidence of US domicile since I’ve been staying in his country with him since July 2021. I submitted my tax return but I am wondering if the evidence of domicile I provided is enough. I submitted my car insurance which shows my address and that it was renewed in Dec 2021 and valid through June 2022. I also submitted mail from my bank with my address on it. I don’t have a lease with my name on it since my intention is to go back to the states and live with my mom and be her caretaker which my husband explained at the interview. I am concerned as to whether this is enough as the case still shows refused and last case update shows 3/14/2021. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Registration of your vehicle, voter registration card, utilities to your name, W2 with your name and address are few more strong proof that you might have, that you can upload.  I read people's experiences that it may take days, weeks for the change.  You can follow-up with embassy, I suppose after 1 or 2 weeks.

Edited by hunny&me

Timeline
7 minutes ago, hunny&me said:

Registration of your vehicle, voter registration card, utilities to your name, W2 with your name and address are few more strong proof that you might have, that you can upload.  I read people's experiences that it may take days, weeks for the change.  You can follow-up with embassy, I suppose after 1 or 2 weeks.

Thank you so much. I don’t have any of that because when I left I was staying in a different state taking care of my mother but after I left she moved out of that state. So the only thing I could change while being here was my car insurance and bank account. I guess I was just concerned because I uploaded those docs on 3/9 and seeing the case was updated yesterday but still said refused was a little scary. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, K&S1 said:

Thank you so much. I don’t have any of that because when I left I was staying in a different state taking care of my mother but after I left she moved out of that state. So the only thing I could change while being here was my car insurance and bank account. I guess I was just concerned because I uploaded those docs on 3/9 and seeing the case was updated yesterday but still said refused was a little scary. 

Probably enough.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Just an fyi for anyone who may be interested but the visa status went from refused to admin processing to now being issued. My evidence of domicile in the US of valid car insurance in my name and bank account was enough.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.