Adventine

Please check my PH travel checklist!

10 posts in this topic

I'm going back to Manila in a few days to see my father, who is currently in the ICU.

I'm fairly certain I've got a handle on the latest requirements, but if someone knows otherwise, please let me know:

1. Pre-departure COVID test: I'll get an antigen test at a testing clinic at my airport of departure according to these IATF guidelines:

• "Present a negative Reverse Transcription- Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test taken within forty-eight (48) hours, or a negative laboratory based Antigen test taken within twenty-four (24) hours, prior to the date and time of departure from the country of origin/first port of embarkation in a continuous travel to the Philippines, excluding lay-overs"

2. Travel insurance: required only for my US citizen husband, not for me as a Filipino citizen with a green card

3. One Health Pass and Traze registration: required for both of us

4. USCs are allowed 30 days visa-free entry again. This matters because my husband is joining me in a few weeks.

5. The usual stuff: flight, passport with 6+ months of validity, valid GC

You are good to go.  Traze - I have not used, maybe because I do not fly PAL.  Prayers for your father offered.

Edited by hunny&me

2 hours ago, Adventine said:

I'm going back to Manila in a few days to see my father, who is currently in the ICU.

I'm fairly certain I've got a handle on the latest requirements, but if someone knows otherwise, please let me know:

1. Pre-departure COVID test: I'll get an antigen test at a testing clinic at my airport of departure according to these IATF guidelines:

• "Present a negative Reverse Transcription- Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test taken within forty-eight (48) hours, or a negative laboratory based Antigen test taken within twenty-four (24) hours, prior to the date and time of departure from the country of origin/first port of embarkation in a continuous travel to the Philippines, excluding lay-overs"

2. Travel insurance: required only for my US citizen husband, not for me as a Filipino citizen with a green card

4. USCs are allowed 30 days visa-free entry again. This matters because my husband is joining me in a few weeks.

My wife is going back on Sunday. You look like you have everything covered. Have a safe trip)

Finally done...

They have been asking for Traze for years but they NEVER check it.  The last trip we didnt bother and no one cared.  The rest is spot on.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

I'll be travelling in 2 weeks and this is the same list that I have except for extension letter when I filed I-751 because my green card expired this month.

In addition, I have made hard copies of my passport, my green card, my extension letter, green card, marriage certificate and kept it safe in an envelope at home and I will be taking another set with me.

I also made a scanned copy of everything, just in case.

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

May 3, 2024: Ordered marriage certificate and death certificate from PSA online

May 9, 2024: Received email from PSA that marriage cert is blurred/eligible--will need 15 more days for reverification

May 22, 2024: Marriage Cert received from PSA (death cert was delivered 2 weeks earlier)

May 23, 2024: Uploaded new files to the CEAC website

May 29, 2024: Documentary Qualified

July 13, 2024: Expedite Request to NVC

July 15, 2024: NVC responded that it will forward the request to the embassy

July 16, 2024: Expedite request rejected by the embassy

17 hours ago, Adventine said:

I hope your father gets well soon!  Safe travels to you and your husband.

Nice checklist!

I am travelling next month too, to visit family to mark an important occasion.  

I hope you dad gets better soonest, and also please take it easy yourself. 

Have a safe trip!

Edited by mjoyceb

On 3/16/2022 at 8:54 AM, John & Rose said:

They have been asking for Traze for years but they NEVER check it.  The last trip we didnt bother and no one cared.  The rest is spot on.

Thanks...I thought we missed something)))

Finally done...

On 3/15/2022 at 6:07 PM, Adventine said:

Your list is correct.  Ive had a few friends fly back over the last month and they have followed your list.  A few notes though that I received from them:

• Traze app nobody is asking for and appears nobody is using, however the One Health Pass is required and being used.
  • Immigration (and the airlines) are being quite picky that the foreign national's airline ticket shows that he will leave the country within 30 days.  This has caused some travelers issues where their return date was more than 30 days and they had to buy a throw away ticket on the spot to meet this requirement.  There was also alot of confusion if extensions were allowed for foreigners beyond the 30 days after entering the country.  BI has confirmed that foreigners can extend beyond the 30 days.  In fact, that process is still the same as it always has been.  In the past, foreigners could enter the PI even if their return ticket was for more than 30 days, but as of now, they are picky on this.  There are also some sites that will rent an airline ticket to you for a certain time period (around 1-4 days or so) and these can be used to show return flights.  They can be cheaper than buying a throw away ticket.  I know a number of people who have done this without issues.

Finally, entering from April 1st and after, there are some slight changes to the testing process (changes to make more easier for travelers).  

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.