15 posts in this topic

Hi all,

We’ve been checking the status of the I-601 status, have sent a letter to the Nebraska office and finally received a response via email. USCIS wrote  “your case is currently pending action by the Consulate.” 

We didn’t receive an approval letter but am I correct to assume it’s approved since it’s back at the consulate? We just emailed the embassy attaching this email but I’m wondering if anyone experienced this as well. If so, please share. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, Original said:

Hi all,

We’ve been checking the status of the I-601 status, have sent a letter to the Nebraska office and finally received a response via email. USCIS wrote  “your case is currently pending action by the Consulate.” 

We didn’t receive an approval letter but am I correct to assume it’s approved since it’s back at the consulate? We just emailed the embassy attaching this email but I’m wondering if anyone experienced this as well. If so, please share. 

Thanks in advance. 

For a waiver?  I thought waivers were only approved by consular officers?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Such waivers go through the lockbox.

Not sure what is going on, singe post no context.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 hours ago, Boiler said:

Such waivers go through the lockbox.

Not sure what is going on, singe post no context.

The USCIS Nebraska Service Center is the location where the I-601 petition was sent. This location responded to our inquiry about the status of this petition via email after we made inquiry. Their response was “your case is currently pending action by the Consulate.” 

Update: I checked the CEAC website and the DS-260 is re-opened and the embassy is requesting an updated one. 

Edited by Original

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/11/2022 at 9:27 AM, Original said:

The USCIS Nebraska Service Center is the location where the I-601 petition was sent. This location responded to our inquiry about the status of this petition via email after we made inquiry. Their response was “your case is currently pending action by the Consulate.” 

Update: I checked the CEAC website and the DS-260 is re-opened and the embassy is requesting an updated one. 

Have you checked your case on the USCIS website or thru the app to see what it is showing? 
We were approved on March 10 and received our approval letter on March 14.  

Edited by AmyBL

38 minutes ago, AmyBL said:

Have you checked your case on the USCIS website or thru the app to see what it is showing? 
We were approved on March 10 and received our approval letter on March 14.  

Congratulations! 

Yes we check it religiously twice a day and there aren’t any updates on the USCIS website. However the consulate replied to our email, requested documents, which we emailed along with the updated DS260 confirmation page. Afterwards the consulate informed they sent USCIS these updates. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 11:46 PM, Jorgedig said:

For a waiver?  I thought waivers were only approved by consular officers?

USCIS approved the waiver today. 

On 3/17/2022 at 1:17 AM, Original said:

Congratulations! 

Yes we check it religiously twice a day and there aren’t any updates on the USCIS website. However the consulate replied to our email, requested documents, which we emailed along with the updated DS260 confirmation page. Afterwards the consulate informed they sent USCIS these updates. 

USCIS approved the waiver today. 

55 minutes ago, Original said:

Thank you. Our receipt notice was on 5/24/2021. Have you made an inquiry online or by letter? We did both inquiring about the case status. 

We did make an inquiry online but the response is that they are still reviewing the case. Our receipt date is 4/10/2021, I guess we just have to wait but at least it’s good to know cases around this time period are getting completed. Thank you.

4 hours ago, exp2020 said:

We did make an inquiry online but the response is that they are still reviewing the case. Our receipt date is 4/10/2021, I guess we just have to wait but at least it’s good to know cases around this time period are getting completed. Thank you.

Hang in there. I completely understand how frustrating the uncertainty must be.

Another route is your Senator’s office. They could make an inquiry on your behalf. However my Senator informed me Due to COVID-19, Federal Agencies are experiencing a slowdown up to 90 days in responding to congressional inquiries. 

I hope your case will be approved soon. 

On 3/29/2022 at 5:29 PM, Original said:

Hang in there. I completely understand how frustrating the uncertainty must be.

Another route is your Senator’s office. They could make an inquiry on your behalf. However my Senator informed me Due to COVID-19, Federal Agencies are experiencing a slowdown up to 90 days in responding to congressional inquiries. 

I hope your case will be approved soon. 

Thank you for the suggestion, I’ll try our Senator’s office. Did you just send an email to the senator’s office with the request?

On 3/31/2022 at 2:35 AM, exp2020 said:

Thank you for the suggestion, I’ll try our Senator’s office. Did you just send an email to the senator’s office with the request?

In our particular case I made in-person appointment right after filing for the I-130 to request an expedite. I had to sign a Privacy Waiver. Fast forward to this I-601 stage my spouse who resides overseas had to sign a Privacy Waiver by just scanning a signed electronic copy of it to the Senator’s office via email. The case worker at this office was familiar with our situation from the initial stage. 

If you want to take this route I would recommend going on your Senator’s website and you will see an immigration section where it outlines the steps in terms of what you’re required to submit and sign (A Privacy Waiver) in order for them to assist you. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/27/2022 at 2:44 PM, classicme11 said:

Hello, can anyone tell me how long their case take to be approved by USCIS Nebraska Center  for the 1-601 form ?

About one year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.