2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/13/2022 at 2:57 PM, Islanderk said:

Good day all. It's been a long time since I've been on here. But my vawa was approved and I finally got my green card. My daughter did too. The thing with that is they miss spelled her name and I returned it and filed i90 we had biometrics done last year August. And it's going on 2 years now that I sent back her green card for their error on her name. I want to travel out of the country and thinking the best thing to do is renew her advance parole. Does anyone have any experience on a situation like this. Having an approved green card (including letter) and having to return it because of a spelling error and traveled out of the country while waiting on the corrected green card to arrive? Or is it just best to renew her advance parole to travel on?

Instead of going for a long route of advance parole please contact you local congressman office so that he can inquire on your behalf 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline

@sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @balo101Hello house ,I want to ask if I can show the usps receipt to my work place and tracking number of usps that I already sent my renewal in for my work permit,just that and uscis have received it but due to delay from them ,.they haven’t gotten back to m  ,just to let my work place  know that I already applied for i765 renewal ,that uscis have been the one delaying the whole process not me ,I think it I show the usps receipt tracking number to them when explain to my work place ,they should be able to give me some time till I get my receipt ,I already involved the Congress as well ,I dnt know if the Congress can also give me an official letter to back to the usps tracking that I have so that my work place could know that I already applied for the renewal of my work permit !! 

8 minutes ago, Blunt said:

@sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @balo101Hello house ,I want to ask if I can show the usps receipt to my work place and tracking number of usps that I already sent my renewal in for my work permit,just that and uscis have received it but due to delay from them ,.they haven’t gotten back to m  ,just to let my work place  know that I already applied for i765 renewal ,that uscis have been the one delaying the whole process not me ,I think it I show the usps receipt tracking number to them when explain to my work place ,they should be able to give me some time till I get my receipt ,I already involved the Congress as well ,I dnt know if the Congress can also give me an official letter to back to the usps tracking that I have so that my work place could know that I already applied for the renewal of my work permit !! 

Unfortunately no. 

If you have not heard anything from your congress person for more than 30 days then i would say reach out to your senator.

have your employer gave you any kind of notice? If yes then present that to your congress/senator that your job is in jeopardy. 

Even send that letter to Vermont as well. 

Edited by balo101

Timeline
19 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Unfortunately no. 

If you have not heard anything from your congress person for more than 30 days then i would say reach out to your senator.

have your employer gave you any kind of notice? If yes then present that to your congress/senator that your job is in jeopardy. 

Even send that letter to Vermont as well. 

They have no choice they have to wait for uscis ,everybody is aware of the delay from Uscis ,they haven’t given me any notice yet but I know they will still ask me for sure,I already informed my Congress about it and she said she will get in touch with them ,she also asked for the usps tracking number and the receipt to use to help me make inquiry from Vermont 

14 minutes ago, Blunt said:

They have no choice they have to wait for uscis ,everybody is aware of the delay from Uscis ,they haven’t given me any notice yet but I know they will still ask me for sure,I already informed my Congress about it and she said she will get in touch with them ,she also asked for the usps tracking number and the receipt to use to help me make inquiry from Vermont 

when did you send your renewal?. when did you contact your congress person? When is your EAD expiring?

In my case i just gave my congressperson my A# and they were able to get me receipt notices. It took my congressperson almost 24 days. 

Hey guys, i am in a dilemma and i need help. Any advice is welcome as I’m not sure what to do. My husband and I separated exactly 1 year ago now, i sent my vawa in August last year, its been pending for 6 months now. I do not currently have a work permit because I’m also in immigration proceedings so i have to wait for my vawa to be adjudicated before i can go to immigration court to get a green card. 

I met a great guy couple months after I separated with my husband, he knows my situation and is understanding. In no way was I looking for love or a relationship, it just happened. And two weeks ago, i found out i am pregnant. Now i do not know what to do. I don’t know how this will affect my case, if at all.

I do work, i have a social security number, even though it’s not recommended just because I don’t have anyone here to help me, just me and i need to pay rent + bills. 

I have my Prima Facie for 1 year, what can i do with this? Is having my baby going to affect my case? 

@Demise @Pinkrlion @sandranj

Edited by Koi1

On 3/12/2022 at 10:59 PM, God is a good God said:

For those in removable proceedings like me. Great news. DHS is now affirmatively filing motion to dismiss by themselves if you have a case with USCIS. Which means you don’t need to ask the ice attorney and gvment attorney to join with you to terminate the case. The DHS is terminating cases to lower the backlog in court. Good news. Thought of you @Demise  because you were looking for ways to terminate yours. I am waiting for my vawa approval letter to terminate mine and allow USCIS adjudicated my pending i485

@God is a good God are they also terminating when the Vawa is also pending or after an approval? 

Hello im new here, i was reading the past blog and thats where i got helpfull tips to help getting my notice receipts since i have't got them. 
i send my application on 7/12/2021

they cashed out  money order for the i-485 but not receipt yet for the i360 or i485.

i already send letters to vermont, resend the application and contacted my congressman ( today he send the inquary) i hope i get news soon! Its been a lot of months trying to get those receipts numbers. 
i have a lawyer and he said he already send letters too and no answers.
im also in removal procceding , i have my work permit approved 3/2/2022 in my 42B application in court.

2 hours ago, Koi1 said:

Hey guys, i am in a dilemma and i need help. Any advice is welcome as I’m not sure what to do. My husband and I separated exactly 1 year ago now, i sent my vawa in August last year, its been pending for 6 months now. I do not currently have a work permit because I’m also in immigration proceedings so i have to wait for my vawa to be adjudicated before i can go to immigration court to get a green card. 

I met a great guy couple months after I separated with my husband, he knows my situation and is understanding. In no way was I looking for love or a relationship, it just happened. And two weeks ago, i found out i am pregnant. Now i do not know what to do. I don’t know how this will affect my case, if at all.

I do work, i have a social security number, even though it’s not recommended just because I don’t have anyone here to help me, just me and i need to pay rent + bills. 

I have my Prima Facie for 1 year, what can i do with this? Is having my baby going to affect my case? 

@Demise @Pinkrlion @sandranj

With the prima facie you can get benefits according to your state. Like money,food stamps, health.

and i dont think a baby is going to affect your case. 
im also in removal procedding, send vawa on 7/12/22 and no prima facie yet.  Wating for an approvad so i can terminated the court and go for the GC 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 Best of luck! 

9 minutes ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Hello everyone! Can someone please tell me the zip code of Vermont Service center? Its different on the receipt (VT 05479-0001) than the google search (VT 05452). 
thank you!

Whatever USCIS website says. That's the correct one. 

I understand your confusion. I had same concern when i sent my renewal last year. Just put the address that you see on the USCIS website. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, balo101 said:

when did you send your renewal?. when did you contact your congress person? When is your EAD expiring?

In my case i just gave my congressperson my A# and they were able to get me receipt notices. It took my congressperson almost 24 days. 

My ead will be expiring by June ,and I have applied for the renewal since December 1st.. how long did it take you to get your receipt after you send in your renewal? And how long you were able to get your ead card 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.