2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Family, 

I got this today. I already have my Green card, What gives? 

When me and spouse did initial filing, we had a lawyer. When I filed 360, I terminated that relationship on lawyers request as there was a conflict of interest on his part as he explained. 

Is it that the 130 approval notice was sent to the old lawyer who did not accept (Also, he has since moved) ?? 

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 7.14.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 4.29.22 PM.png

2 hours ago, FaithOct19 said:

Ohh. And what was the RFE about? And when did you apply? 

RFE -good moral character. I applied in July 2021 

On October 28, 2022 The Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your I-485 because they could not deliver it. 

On October, 06, 2022, Card was picked up by USPS

On October 3, 2022, we mailed your new card for your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 30, 2022, we approved your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 29, 2022, we ordered your new card for Receipt #_________, and will mail it to the address you gave us

On August 25, 2022 we updated your date of birth for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

April 14, 2022 Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

March 15, 2022 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

March 14, 2022 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

July 26, 2021 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

9 hours ago, Double said:

Hello, given the delay with EAD renewals, can I apply 5 months in advance?

C31 card received: 9/21

VAWA Approved: 11/21

Approval letter received: 2/22

I-693 deficiency notice: 3/22

I also have a pending C09 (I-765) application from 6/21. Do I need to submit a new application or keep waiting?

I have a similar timeline too... not sure what to do...

Hello friends, my vawa was approved aug 2021, got 693 deficiency notice. My C09 renewal is pending since July 2021 and C31 expiring in august. What should I do?

Asked lawyer to reach out to congressman, she said it doesn't help much. She tried submitting an out-of-processing time request and said it asked her to mail it because its vawa, which she will next week - is this right?

Do I have to pay for C31 renewal? how long are receipt notices taking these days? and does this go to vermont or local office?

3 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

Is it that the 130 approval notice was sent to the old lawyer who did not accept (Also, he has since moved) ?? 

Yes it is the old I-130 that was sent either to the old attorney ( and returned because he moved) or possibly the copy sent to your old address. 
You can do the following:

1. Write a short letter “ Re: I-130 case xxx. Beneficiary : Your Name A# . Please update the record to show I have adjusted status and will not be pursuing above referenced I-130.”   
2. Or you can try calling USCIS, and say the same thing.

Just now, Family said:

Yes it is the old I-130 that was sent either to the old attorney ( and returned because he moved) or possibly the copy sent to your old address. 
You can do the following:

1. Write a short letter “ Re: I-130 case xxx. Beneficiary : Your Name A# . Please update the record to show I have adjusted status and will not be pursuing above referenced I-130.”   
2. Or you can try calling USCIS, and say the same thing.

My lawyer called and hour ago, said to ignore it as the basis of my I-485 was the approved I360. I-130 is of no consequence. Makes sense. 

On 4/5/2022 at 5:40 PM, HustlingStill said:

Just wanted to quickly ask here, im on my 18 months i cannot really expect how soon or late vawa will be approved. I have seen ppl getting approved in 20 months and some still waiting since 35 months. But i wanted to ask i have not travelled outside of US since my last entry which is 2015 @sandranj @Demise is it safe if i travel out of US with my AP ? will it delay my case for any reason if i travel. so i did read that when a petitioners travels USCIS gets informed. I just do not want any delay in my case also when i inquired they have updated again in april 1st saying " correspondence was received and uscis is reviewing it" and there was no response from them to my congress about my case. A lot of ppl i know have inquired for different reasons but there status update never happened in online. Will really appreciate if these concerns can be answered. 

Thank you. 

I personally don't recommend travel until you've got a green card in hand but if you really have to travel:

Be mindful of any covid restrictions still going on, but other than that you should be fine to travel on AP. It does not trigger a re-entry bar associated with overstays and being out of status as per Matter of Arrabally.

You won't get an outright denial which is what would kill your AP, if something's missing they'll RFE or NOID you for it and you'll have time to get yourself onto a plane back to deal with it.

Only real situation where I would say you should absolutely stay put is if you responded to an RFE because at that point it's generally sink or swim - they will approve or deny it and if they deny it while you're abroad you're kinda boned.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

3 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

Family, 

I got this today. I already have my Green card, What gives? 

When me and spouse did initial filing, we had a lawyer. When I filed 360, I terminated that relationship on lawyers request as there was a conflict of interest on his part as he explained. 

You abandoned that petition when you filed an I-360, your ex never withdrew it, it just hung around in the system, it came across someone's desk, they looked at the stuff in it, and approved it.

You do not have to do anything with it. If you absolutely want to you can send a letter to USCIS that you filed an I-360, divorced your ex (if applicable), are already an LPR, and it was ultimately approved in error.

10 minutes ago, Demise said:

You abandoned that petition when you filed an I-360, your ex never withdrew it, it just hung around in the system, it came across someone's desk, they looked at the stuff in it, and approved it.

You do not have to do anything with it. If you absolutely want to you can send a letter to USCIS that you filed an I-360, divorced your ex (if applicable), are already an LPR, and it was ultimately approved in error.

Thank  you 🤗

15 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

It is Wednesday -- time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke (guaranteed, if correlation = causation, to evoke approvals and positive progress, and always worth a VJ upvote) :

================================================

THE MISSING ANGEL

A man walking down the street suddenly heard a tiny voice above him, saying, "If you take one more step, a brick will land on your head and kill you."

Surprised, the man stopped just as a huge brick crashed down right in front of him.

Stunned, he continued on his way, and after a few minutes he heard the voice again.  "Stop!  Don't cross the road.  If you do, the next vehicle will run you over!

The man froze just before he was hit by a speeding car.

The man gave a sigh of relief and said to the air, "Who ARE you?"

"I am your guardian angel!" answered the voice joyfully.

"REALLY?!" said the man in sudden anger.  "Then where the heck were you when I got MARRIED?"

:P 

A Jewish man prayed to God every day asking to win the lottery.

After many years of this, God spoke to him:

"Moshe, my son, help me out here, buy a god damn lottery ticket".

15 hours ago, BlueTiger92 said:

Hello friends, my vawa was approved aug 2021, got 693 deficiency notice. My C09 renewal is pending since July 2021 and C31 expiring in august. What should I do?

Asked lawyer to reach out to congressman, she said it doesn't help much. She tried submitting an out-of-processing time request and said it asked her to mail it because its vawa, which she will next week - is this right?

Do I have to pay for C31 renewal? how long are receipt notices taking these days? and does this go to vermont or local office?

Contact your congressman or senator directly. They should have a contact us page on their congress/senate page. Their staffer should get back to you to sign a privacy release form.

All else fails, file a C31 renewal, you have to pay for it or get a fee waiver, the filing fee is $410. The receipt notice serves as extension for the employment authorization for 180 days. This goes to Vermont.

On 4/6/2022 at 1:51 PM, FaithOct19 said:

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all doing well. I’m an October, 2019 filler. After more than 2 years of silence, Today, I received an update saying “Correspondance was received and USCIS is reviewing it. On April 6, we received your correspondance, We are reviewing your correspondence, and will send you a notice if we need something from you.” The only thing is last correspondance I sent over was in January, 2020, and it was a response to request for evidence. Has anyone received the same update? And then did you get any update after that? And how long did it take? Thank you! 

I'm august 2019 filler. I'm waiting from august 2021, still the same correspondence was received and uscis is reviewing it.

A few questions...

If you get your third prima facie, does that mean a) there is progress being made on your case/they are reviewing your case even though your status hasn't changed from "Fees waived" since 08/2020? b) you won't get approved any time since prima facie JUST got renewed? This is my third and I was hoping it would get approved before that. 

Always appreciate your help!! 

47 minutes ago, HatingTheWaiting said:

A few questions...

If you get your third prima facie, does that mean a) there is progress being made on your case/they are reviewing your case even though your status hasn't changed from "Fees waived" since 08/2020? b) you won't get approved any time since prima facie JUST got renewed? This is my third and I was hoping it would get approved before that. 

Always appreciate your help!! 

when did you file vawa?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.