2,967 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, HustlingStill said:

then youll get decision soon, you can get proof of bonafide marriage or abuse or anything tbh, be prepared to response as soon as you send you will get a decision. 

I really pray so. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks a lot. I forgot to mention I also sent evaluation report from my psychologist. 

Just now, DeeeHT said:

I really pray so. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks a lot. I forgot to mention I also sent evaluation report from my psychologist. 

then i hope they dont ask for abuse just proof of marriage keep us posted !

4 minutes ago, HustlingStill said:

then i hope they dont ask for abuse just proof of marriage keep us posted !

Incase it’s proof of marriage, what else can I submit asides marriage certificate? I sent the marriage certificate, rental agreement and our joint account statements. 
what else would I be able to send pls? 

and if it’s RFE for abuse, what else can I send asides the signed affidavit and psychologist report? 
I’m just trying to prepare myself so I can reply the RFE asap. thank you. 

6 minutes ago, DeeeHT said:

Incase it’s proof of marriage, what else can I submit asides marriage certificate? I sent the marriage certificate, rental agreement and our joint account statements. 
what else would I be able to send pls? 

and if it’s RFE for abuse, what else can I send asides the signed affidavit and psychologist report? 
I’m just trying to prepare myself so I can reply the RFE asap. thank you. 

do you have photos or text message or any trip with the spouse any credible evidence or if you have can have any witness letter writing for you in terms of marriage or abuse that those people witnessed. Could be "heard" or "seen". at this point, i would not worry about it until you get the RFE. I hope they do not ask anything crazy !! it really depends what you have submitted and somethings are missing or could be them asking for same thing it happened to few cases. 

3 hours ago, sandranj said:

They normally allow 87 days to respond to the affidavit, but sometimes they do not specify a date, so you should respond as soon as possible.

Thank you @sandranj💜

On October 28, 2022 The Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your I-485 because they could not deliver it. 

On October, 06, 2022, Card was picked up by USPS

On October 3, 2022, we mailed your new card for your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 30, 2022, we approved your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 29, 2022, we ordered your new card for Receipt #_________, and will mail it to the address you gave us

On August 25, 2022 we updated your date of birth for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

April 14, 2022 Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

March 15, 2022 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

March 14, 2022 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

July 26, 2021 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

1 hour ago, DeeeHT said:

Hey guys, 

so I finally got update on my i360 after 2 yrs. 
a little back story, 

PD for i360 - Feb 2020

RFE was received - April 2020 - (good moral conduct, I sent police report) 

and 3 prima facies so far. 

today I got an update for another RFE and I have no idea what it could be for. 
i submitted a copy of my marriage certificate, affidavit from friends and family, bank statements and the police report. 
Please do you know what this RFE could be for? 
And how long would it take to get an approval after I respond to the RFE

i really need the EAD, I haven’t been able to work since 2020 when my old one expired 😢

When did USCIS receive your case?

Hello, given the delay with EAD renewals, can I apply 5 months in advance?

C31 card received: 9/21

VAWA Approved: 11/21

Approval letter received: 2/22

I-693 deficiency notice: 3/22

I also have a pending C09 (I-765) application from 6/21. Do I need to submit a new application or keep waiting?

Edited by Double

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day all,

Please what are evidences of good moral character and what is the format of an affidavit from friends & neighbors for good moral character?

Thanks for responses in advance.  

46 minutes ago, Double said:

I also have a pending C09 (I-765) application from 6/21. Do I need to submit a new application or keep waiting?

I would wait for a bit .

I have similar time line to yours:

the C31 was issued on August 2021 & (i360 approval notice in October 2021). I applied my c09 renewal in Sept 2021 and the new card was issued in end of March2022. 

May I ask where your local office is?

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all doing well. I’m an October, 2019 filler. After more than 2 years of silence, Today, I received an update saying “Correspondance was received and USCIS is reviewing it. On April 6, we received your correspondance, We are reviewing your correspondence, and will send you a notice if we need something from you.” The only thing is last correspondance I sent over was in January, 2020, and it was a response to request for evidence. Has anyone received the same update? And then did you get any update after that? And how long did it take? Thank you! 

Hey everyone!

My citizenship appointment is in two weeks(finally, still can't believe it). I got my green card through VAWA 3 years ago, what documents should I take to the interview.

@sandranj

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, Double said:

It took 4 months for you to receive the approval notice since your case status was updated to approved? That’s a long time 💔😭 is that normal?

1 hour ago, FaithOct19 said:

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all doing well. I’m an October, 2019 filler. After more than 2 years of silence, Today, I received an update saying “Correspondance was received and USCIS is reviewing it. On April 6, we received your correspondance, We are reviewing your correspondence, and will send you a notice if we need something from you.” The only thing is last correspondance I sent over was in January, 2020, and it was a response to request for evidence. Has anyone received the same update? And then did you get any update after that? And how long did it take? Thank you! 

Mine has recently changed to “Correspondence was received and USCIS is reviewing it" on 03/15/2022 and then i got RFE in the mail one week later but status remained the same 

On October 28, 2022 The Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your I-485 because they could not deliver it. 

On October, 06, 2022, Card was picked up by USPS

On October 3, 2022, we mailed your new card for your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 30, 2022, we approved your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 29, 2022, we ordered your new card for Receipt #_________, and will mail it to the address you gave us

On August 25, 2022 we updated your date of birth for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

April 14, 2022 Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

March 15, 2022 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

March 14, 2022 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

July 26, 2021 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.