2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Makanaki said:

Hi Pinkrlion. What is the difference? And can I not do a background check myself?

background checks are those that that follow through your statements and affidavits to verify they are are are are true.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

3 hours ago, steve_o said:

Hey Blunt, great news!!! Congrats!! You will do well!
 I did the same thing as you did. I filed i130 and i485 then I used same i485 application for the vawa as well. I did not go to my  first interview, but my lawyer did. She told me that she spoke with the officers and then they would hold my I-485 case for vawa. At that time I had not filed the i360 yet. Then later, I filed the I-360, but have not sent any receipt to them.

My vawa got approved on dec 2020. Since then I have not heard anything about I-485. I contacted my Congress person and I received an update  a month ago.

The case is still pending and they are determining the background check. I am still worried that I should have filed the new I-485 case.

Even if you had filed a new one, it wouldn’t be a deterrent to the checks. The process will run it’s full course. I can imagine how everyone in this category feels. But patience is key. ✊🏻 

2 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Fingerprint versus Background Check are two different things.  Background Check is more intensive check.  

Actually I don’t understand why USCIS do background check on i360 and do another background check on I-485. I mean if I 360 is approved why do they need another background check on i485? Why not reuse the same results they got from i360 background check?

37 minutes ago, Keepinghope said:

Hello everyone 

I just got an update on my Uscis saying “ Notice explaining Uscis actions was mailed”. Does it mean an NOID? Are they saying they intend to deny the case? 

That’s is highly possible. 
Let’s see what the note says and go from there. At the end of the day, NOID is just a more detailed/serious  RFE with less time to respond. If you provide all info that they are looking for, everything should be ok. Have you received RFEs before? 

16 minutes ago, Zzz___1 said:

That’s is highly possible. 
Let’s see what the note says and go from there. At the end of the day, NOID is just a more detailed/serious  RFE with less time to respond. If you provide all info that they are looking for, everything should be ok. Have you received RFEs before? 

No RFE , just silence and then this message .. I just hope it’s something I have control to provide them with … This is so stressful 

Hi everyone,  congratulations to all who have received their approvals. I am a March 2018 filler, vawa approved August 2020. I filled both 360 and 485 in March 2018, after vawa approval 485 updated to "your case has to transferred to another office.  I received a later in September 2020 requesting for birth certificate and a sent it. 485 updated to Responds to request for further evidence till date, nothing has changed on my 485, I don't even know which field office my file is. Please advise on how to know where my file is. Thanks. Below is a screen shot of my case history. 

46 minutes ago, Keepinghope said:

No RFE , just silence and then this message .. I just hope it’s something I have control to provide them with … This is so stressful 

Of course it’s stressful, totally get it. I was absolutely miserable after receiving an RFE that asked me for things that I did not have whatsoever. Hopefully, that’s something relatively simple that can be answered quickly. Just post it here (after removing all personal info) and I bet there are going to be a bunch of people here willing to help you out. This forum is absolutely amazing. 

there is a person on this forum who’s received a terrible NOID where USCIS has questioned if the marriage is even legit. This person has been approved, actually, not that long ago. And this person’s case was really tough, to say the least. 

stay strong, try to concentrate, as you will need it. Trust me, I know that’s easier said, than done, but you will really have to put yourself together in order to tackle this challenge. If you ever need to talk to someone, I am here for you.

28 minutes ago, Zzz___1 said:

Of course it’s stressful, totally get it. I was absolutely miserable after receiving an RFE that asked me for things that I did not have whatsoever. Hopefully, that’s something relatively simple that can be answered quickly. Just post it here (after removing all personal info) and I bet there are going to be a bunch of people here willing to help you out. This forum is absolutely amazing. 

there is a person on this forum who’s received a terrible NOID where USCIS has questioned if the marriage is even legit. This person has been approved, actually, not that long ago. And this person’s case was really tough, to say the least. 

stay strong, try to concentrate, as you will need it. Trust me, I know that’s easier said, than done, but you will really have to put yourself together in order to tackle this challenge. If you ever need to talk to someone, I am here for you.

Thank you for your encouraging words, I really need it cos I’m freaking out already , imagining everything that can go wrong.  I will post it here as you said as soon as I get it.  Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.