2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
On 3/29/2022 at 8:26 AM, sandranj said:

It's not recommended to file a new I-765.He can reach USCIS(VAWA UNIT) to get your receipt number. If he gets nasty tell that you will represent to the Bar association. After sending the letter to change your address, wait 20 days and go to info pass to make sure  they changed your address.

my case number didn’t even notice me about the interview,still in same we are reviewing your case since may 2019 ..why is it like that ? I hope that Status will change for good after my interview 🤣🤣🤣

771FD821-1187-4AB5-BE75-618B95B6C16A.jpeg

my case number didn’t even notice me about the interview,still in same we are reviewing your case since may 2019 ..why is it like that ? I hope that Status will change for good after my interview 🤣🤣🤣

9CBA2A28-5545-4504-B986-D90B953963C1.jpeg

@Demise @sandranj and others (CASE - MY DAUGHTER RECEIVED GC BEFORE ME)

This is the response I received from my congressman. I believe I read on this platform that someone went ahead and sent in the result of their FBI check that they did with identogo to USCIS. Well I have at least 3 of those results as I had to do them for the Nursing schools that I applied to. I will go ahead and send those in this week, and keep you informed if it yields anything good.

Also, if I remember well there is someone in here as well that has been waiting for like 4/5 years on their I-360, please if you read this post can you reply or dm me if possible. Thank you

The Vermont Service Center (VSC) received a Privacy Release Form signed by xxxxxxxxx from Congressman xxxxxx office. Your constituent’s signature has been verified.
Your constituent’s Application for Employment Authorization (Form I-765), Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxx, were approved on March 15, 2022.
Your constituent’s Employment Authorization Document (EAD) card was produced, mailed, and delivered. USPS Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Your constituent’s denied Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485), Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxx, was re-opened on August 21, 2019.
Your constituent’s Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant (Form I-360), Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxx, is pending security checks at VSC. Your constituent’s Form I-485 case is held in obeyance until the Form I-360 is adjudicated.

We have checked into your constituent's case and have been assured that USCIS is aware of your inquiry and is monitoring progress related to it. However, unresolved issues in your constituent's case require a thorough review before a decision can be rendered. Unfortunately, we cannot speculate as to when this review process will be completed.
USCIS requires extensive background checks for every application or petition. While background checks for most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage of cases involve unresolved background check issues that result in adjudication delays.
Background checks involve more than just the initial submission for a response related to biographical information and fingerprints. Further inquiry is needed when checks and/or a review of an administrative record reveal an issue potentially impacting an applicant's eligibility for the requested immigration benefit. The inquiry may include an additional interview and/or the need to contact another agency for updates or more comprehensive information. If it is determined that an outside agency possesses relevant information about a case, USCIS requests such information for review. Upon gathering and assessing all available information, USCIS then adjudicates the application or petition as expeditiously as possible.
We realize that your constituent may feel frustrated by delays related to his case. USCIS must weigh individual inconvenience against the broader concerns of public safety and national security.

Hi guys

after getting the C31, it has been a month without a status change or receiving the approval notice. I just wish the status changes to “approved” so I know for sure what my status is and receive the approval notice so I can request for my file to be transferred to NVC. The i824 processing time is so long (currently still processing 2020) so not receiving the approval notice will make it even longer. 

Is a month long enough to receive the approval notice or at least a status update? 

will it be a good idea to reach out to the congressperson if I don’t have a status change by next week? 

16 minutes ago, J2020 said:

Hi guys

after getting the C31, it has been a month without a status change or receiving the approval notice. I just wish the status changes to “approved” so I know for sure what my status is and receive the approval notice so I can request for my file to be transferred to NVC. The i824 processing time is so long (currently still processing 2020) so not receiving the approval notice will make it even longer. 

Is a month long enough to receive the approval notice or at least a status update? 

will it be a good idea to reach out to the congressperson if I don’t have a status change by next week? 

give it like 40 to 60 days.

After that you can reach out to your congress person. 

Hello Family, Hopefully everyone is doing well.

I recivied my combo EAD on 16 March and today when I checked my Vawa status this comes up.

March 28, 2022 New Card Is Being Produced
May 20, 2019 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

Any idea when I might get the card or a letter, does this mean Vawa is approved for sure?
what's gonna happen next ?

57 minutes ago, Aarontx90 said:

Hello Family, Hopefully everyone is doing well.

I recivied my combo EAD on 16 March and today when I checked my Vawa status this comes up.

March 28, 2022 New Card Is Being Produced
May 20, 2019 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

Any idea when I might get the card or a letter, does this mean Vawa is approved for sure?
what's gonna happen next ?

Congratulations. You will will get your EAD in 5 to 10 days. 

After that in 30 to 60 days you will get your approval notice. 

On 3/29/2022 at 5:03 PM, Blunt said:

Hello house @sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Family @Demise I attached my uscis interview letter that I received from the lawyer that first filed my i130 and i485 ,so I used same i485 for my vawa ,so my vawa is approved now ,the lawyer called me and told me I have a mail in his office ,so I went there to pick it up ,and he was telling me that they suppose to write vawa approved on the interview letter , so that’s why I attached the interview letter for you people to see ,he said maybe the calling me for my marriage interview,but I already did the interview for that in 2019 and told them that I filed vawa and they told me that they will hold the i485 for my vawa till it gets approved ,so they told me to send the receipt of the vawa within 2 weeks which I later did ..so the case tracking number changes to your case has been transferred to another office ,and when I inquired from my Congress woman ,she told me that my i485 is waiting for interview at my local office ..so now  I told my Congress woman to ask if it is for my vawa approval interview,I know it is my approved vawa interview ,I also told my Congress woman to tell them to update my current address on my i485 file so they can send my green card to my address when it is approved ..0C89498F-FF61-487A-8856-81135B4E31B3.thumb.jpeg.8035fbc67aabe702a906f19a40f5e716.jpeg

Hey Blunt, great news!!! Congrats!! You will do well!
 I did the same thing as you did. I filed i130 and i485 then I used same i485 application for the vawa as well. I did not go to my  first interview, but my lawyer did. She told me that she spoke with the officers and then they would hold my I-485 case for vawa. At that time I had not filed the i360 yet. Then later, I filed the I-360, but have not sent any receipt to them.

My vawa got approved on dec 2020. Since then I have not heard anything about I-485. I contacted my Congress person and I received an update  a month ago.

The case is still pending and they are determining the background check. I am still worried that I should have filed the new I-485 case.

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
37 minutes ago, steve_o said:

Hey Blunt, great news!!! Congrats!! You will do well!
 I did the same thing as you did. I filed i130 and i485 then I used same i485 application for the vawa as well. I did not go to my  first interview, but my lawyer did. She told me that she spoke with the officers and then they would hold my I-485 case for vawa. At that time I had not filed the i360 yet. Then later, I filed the I-360, but have not sent any receipt to them.

My vawa got approved on dec 2020. Since then I have not heard anything about I-485. I contacted my Congress person and I received an update  a month ago.

The case is still pending and they are determining the background check. I am still worried that I should have filed the new I-485 case.

God will see everyone of us through ..I can’t just wait to get out from the paper journey 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 sometimes they make it look like when you get the green card you will not even have to work before you gonna make money ,they make it look like you gonna be getting everything free 🤣🤣🤣🤣 but we thank God for his mercies !! What  will be will be that’s my own believe !! No need of stressing ..all we need to do is to keep hoping and stay positive  

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Makanaki said:

@Demise @sandranj and others (CASE - MY DAUGHTER RECEIVED GC BEFORE ME)

This is the response I received from my congressman. I believe I read on this platform that someone went ahead and sent in the result of their FBI check that they did with identogo to USCIS. Well I have at least 3 of those results as I had to do them for the Nursing schools that I applied to. I will go ahead and send those in this week, and keep you informed if it yields anything good.

Also, if I remember well there is someone in here as well that has been waiting for like 4/5 years on their I-360, please if you read this post can you reply or dm me if possible. Thank you

The Vermont Service Center (VSC) received a Privacy Release Form signed by xxxxxxxxx from Congressman xxxxxx office. Your constituent’s signature has been verified.
Your constituent’s Application for Employment Authorization (Form I-765), Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxx, were approved on March 15, 2022.
Your constituent’s Employment Authorization Document (EAD) card was produced, mailed, and delivered. USPS Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Your constituent’s denied Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485), Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxx, was re-opened on August 21, 2019.
Your constituent’s Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant (Form I-360), Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxx, is pending security checks at VSC. Your constituent’s Form I-485 case is held in obeyance until the Form I-360 is adjudicated.

We have checked into your constituent's case and have been assured that USCIS is aware of your inquiry and is monitoring progress related to it. However, unresolved issues in your constituent's case require a thorough review before a decision can be rendered. Unfortunately, we cannot speculate as to when this review process will be completed.
USCIS requires extensive background checks for every application or petition. While background checks for most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage of cases involve unresolved background check issues that result in adjudication delays.
Background checks involve more than just the initial submission for a response related to biographical information and fingerprints. Further inquiry is needed when checks and/or a review of an administrative record reveal an issue potentially impacting an applicant's eligibility for the requested immigration benefit. The inquiry may include an additional interview and/or the need to contact another agency for updates or more comprehensive information. If it is determined that an outside agency possesses relevant information about a case, USCIS requests such information for review. Upon gathering and assessing all available information, USCIS then adjudicates the application or petition as expeditiously as possible.
We realize that your constituent may feel frustrated by delays related to his case. USCIS must weigh individual inconvenience against the broader concerns of public safety and national security.

Fingerprint versus Background Check are two different things.  Background Check is more intensive check.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.