2,967 posts in this topic

Hello All

I have a question about biometrics. USCIS received my I360 on 3/25/2021 and they sent a letter for biometric appointment on 5/25/2021, also printed my name wrong. I couldn't make it to the appointment that day so my lawyer sent a reschedule letter as well as a name correction request

They received it and the update says "name was updated". That was the last update and i never received a reschedule appointment for my biometrics.

I did have biometrics for my I-485 before I filed I-360

Is it ok that I still haven't received the reschedule letter? Isn't it too long since last year May?

My timeline below

03/25/2021    FEDEX shipped to Vermont
03/26/2021    Received Date
03/30/2021    Notice Date
04/27/2021    Prima Facie
05/01/2021    Appointment Notice for 5/25/2021
05/19/2021    Reschedule inquiry delivered
06/08/2021    Correspondence was received
07/30/2021    Name was updated

Edited by gaanar

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey Blunt :) this is for your green card interview. Almost everyone else attended the first interview (I-485) to inform the officer about a pending I-360 to be held in abeyance. Upon the approval of your case, (vawa) the I-485 is scheduled…or sometimes waived. But looks like you will attending the interview. Good luck!👍 

Thanks so much ,may God take control.

2 hours ago, FirstTimer said:

Congratulations.... to me it looks like your interview is for your GC

Thanks so much ..I will wait till then ..may Gods will be done 

7 hours ago, Blunt said:

Hello house @sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Family @Demise I attached my uscis interview letter that I received from the lawyer that first filed my i130 and i485 ,so I used same i485 for my vawa ,so my vawa is approved now ,the lawyer called me and told me I have a mail in his office ,so I went there to pick it up ,and he was telling me that they suppose to write vawa approved on the interview letter , so that’s why I attached the interview letter for you people to see ,he said maybe the calling me for my marriage interview,but I already did the interview for that in 2019 and told them that I filed vawa and they told me that they will hold the i485 for my vawa till it gets approved ,so they told me to send the receipt of the vawa within 2 weeks which I later did ..so the case tracking number changes to your case has been transferred to another office ,and when I inquired from my Congress woman ,she told me that my i485 is waiting for interview at my local office ..so now  I told my Congress woman to ask if it is for my vawa approval interview,I know it is my approved vawa interview ,I also told my Congress woman to tell them to update my current address on my i485 file so they can send my green card to my address when it is approved ..0C89498F-FF61-487A-8856-81135B4E31B3.thumb.jpeg.8035fbc67aabe702a906f19a40f5e716.jpeg

Lol I see u located in NJ.

Congratulations my dear

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Blunt said:

Hello house @sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Family @Demise I attached my uscis interview letter that I received from the lawyer that first filed my i130 and i485 ,so I used same i485 for my vawa ,so my vawa is approved now ,the lawyer called me and told me I have a mail in his office ,so I went there to pick it up ,and he was telling me that they suppose to write vawa approved on the interview letter , so that’s why I attached the interview letter for you people to see ,he said maybe the calling me for my marriage interview,but I already did the interview for that in 2019 and told them that I filed vawa and they told me that they will hold the i485 for my vawa till it gets approved ,so they told me to send the receipt of the vawa within 2 weeks which I later did ..so the case tracking number changes to your case has been transferred to another office ,and when I inquired from my Congress woman ,she told me that my i485 is waiting for interview at my local office ..so now  I told my Congress woman to ask if it is for my vawa approval interview,I know it is my approved vawa interview ,I also told my Congress woman to tell them to update my current address on my i485 file so they can send my green card to my address when it is approved ..0C89498F-FF61-487A-8856-81135B4E31B3.thumb.jpeg.8035fbc67aabe702a906f19a40f5e716.jpeg

I would attend the interview

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Wednesday and therefore time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke*:

*guaranteed to evoke approvals and positive progress, if correlation = causation and if everybody upvotes it

==============================================

ELEMENTARY, MY DEAR WATSON

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip.  As they lay down for the night, Holmes said, "Watson, look up into the sky and tell me what you see."

Watson said, "I see millions and millions of stars."

Holmes:  "And what does that tell you?"

Watson:  "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.  Theologically, it tells me that God is great and that we are small and insignificant.  Meteorologically, it tells me that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.  What does it tell you?"

Holmes:  "Somebody stole our tent."
:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, Blunt said:

I will wait till then ..may Gods will be done

THIS is IT! Your interview will be the FINAL and most important scene of this journey. Prepare your documents:

1. Originals ( your birth certificate, marriage certificate to abusive spouse, any divorces IF you had any) 

2. USCIS receipts for I-485/ Approved I-360 / ASC fingerprinting Notice / old I-130 whatever you have on hand )  Give your good address. 

3. Your passport/I-94 that shows your last entry / your Drivers License / SS card/ Work Permit 

4. And review/ think if when you did your medical (I-693 ) it included the COVID shots requirement…otherwise carry proof of vaccine 

5. Am assuming no previous OR recent arrests 

6. It’s always good to have a copy of the actual forms (I-485 /1-360/I-130) as filed by u or attorney) just for confidence as the Officer reviews each question/answer ( addresses? )  on those forms ..since lots of time passes in between…and you feel confident. 
Listen to each question and give YES / NO answers and stay on point: Example

Officer : Mr. Blunt , what time is it.

Mr. Blunt : 3: PM 

( Not :It’s 3 pm on on Tuesday of April, 2022 , weather is a bit chilly and my knee hurts ..) 

So no fishing expeditions allowed! You proved your marriage, proved the abuse..ITS OVER.. 

You will ROCK your interview,..God Bless 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

@Blunt your VAWA journey is concluding soon. The interview is just a formality. Congrats in advance upon your grand green card approval. 🎈🎉🎊

16 hours ago, Family said:

Your address was not changed because it requires a letter ( not AR-11) that says here is my NEW SAFE address. 
TO DO NOW:

Send letter to VSC (w  copy of your I-360 and printout of case status you showed here) asking for 

1. New safe mailing address 

2. Copy of RFE  to your new safe mailing address and  time to respond 

If you have any friend in the US that can help and has a stable address , reach out to them and use their address as in Your Name 

C/O My Friend    
                         US ADDRESS ..

instead of Belarus.

I spent ( informal volunteer) time w my sister 2 summers ago , in Romania , near Satu Mare, processing mail ( and pensions) and delivering ( walking, riding bikes ); to 3 surrounding villages..and I think you have better chances w US safe mailing address.

Either way , write your letter NOW.

Congressman/ Senator will NOT be able to help because you are no longer their constituent ( live in US) but you will get a new RFE ( w new date ) sent to you. Just keep trying 

Thank you very much! 
Will do all like you said, hope this will work. 

3 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

It is Wednesday and therefore time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke*:

*guaranteed to evoke approvals and positive progress, if correlation = causation and if everybody upvotes it

==============================================

ELEMENTARY, MY DEAR WATSON

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip.  As they lay down for the night, Holmes said, "Watson, look up into the sky and tell me what you see."

Watson said, "I see millions and millions of stars."

Holmes:  "And what does that tell you?"

Watson:  "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.  Theologically, it tells me that God is great and that we are small and insignificant.  Meteorologically, it tells me that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.  What does it tell you?"

Holmes:  "Somebody stole our tent."
:P 

I like this one!🤣 Watson is a very positive individual! The half full as opposed to half empty kinda guy! 😃

Timeline
13 hours ago, FirstTimer said:

Congratulations.... to me it looks like your interview is for your GC

I hope so and I pray good thing comes out of it !! 

9 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

I would attend the interview

Definitely am gonna attend of course 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Gods will  should be done 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Sparkle said:

@Blunt your VAWA journey is concluding soon. The interview is just a formality. Congrats in advance upon your grand green card approval. 🎈🎉🎊

I claim it in Jesus name ,I pray it ends soon ..I pray Gods will should be done that day !! 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey Blunt :) this is for your green card interview. Almost everyone else attended the first interview (I-485) to inform the officer about a pending I-360 to be held in abeyance. Upon the approval of your case, (vawa) the I-485 is scheduled…or sometimes waived. But looks like you will attending the interview. Good luck!👍 

Okay thanks so much ,I will attend the interview and get myself prepared for it ,I pray Gods will should be done that day !! I dnt stress 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

That’s the spirit! I’m sure you’ll ace it! ✊🏻 

Amen 🙏 thanks so much ..  but my case number didn’t even notice me about the interview,still in same we are reviewing your case since may 2019 ..why is it like that ? I hope that Status will change for good after my interview 🤣🤣🤣

282C6F5C-B04B-43BC-9E64-CB6200298F86.jpeg

Timeline
9 hours ago, Family said:

THIS is IT! Your interview will be the FINAL and most important scene of this journey. Prepare your documents:

1. Originals ( your birth certificate, marriage certificate to abusive spouse, any divorces IF you had any) 

2. USCIS receipts for I-485/ Approved I-360 / ASC fingerprinting Notice / old I-130 whatever you have on hand )  Give your good address. 

3. Your passport/I-94 that shows your last entry / your Drivers License / SS card/ Work Permit 

4. And review/ think if when you did your medical (I-693 ) it included the COVID shots requirement…otherwise carry proof of vaccine 

5. Am assuming no previous OR recent arrests 

6. It’s always good to have a copy of the actual forms (I-485 /1-360/I-130) as filed by u or attorney) just for confidence as the Officer reviews each question/answer ( addresses? )  on those forms ..since lots of time passes in between…and you feel confident. 
Listen to each question and give YES / NO answers and stay on point: Example

Officer : Mr. Blunt , what time is it.

Mr. Blunt : 3: PM 

( Not :It’s 3 pm on on Tuesday of April, 2022 , weather is a bit chilly and my knee hurts ..) 

So no fishing expeditions allowed! You proved your marriage, proved the abuse..ITS OVER.. 

You will ROCK your interview,..God Bless 

Thanks so much for the encouragement!! God bless you ,but my case number didn’t even notice me about the interview,still in same we are reviewing your case since may 2019 ..why is it like that ? I hope that Status will change for good after my interview 🤣🤣🤣

93A6C183-0B31-4A6C-9143-D90E0481697E.jpeg

8 hours ago, Sparkle said:

But my case number didn’t even notice me about the interview,still in same we are reviewing your case since may 2019 ..why is it like that ? I hope that Status will change for good after my interview 🤣🤣🤣

63D52915-C986-4480-9DCE-6397A4352EB6.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.