2,967 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Lulu oz said:

Hi everyone, 

I want to share my good news as my journey with VAWA has come to an end. I wish everyone waiting this same and yours is coming. I have received my Green card. I’d like to share my timeline 

filed I-360: October 2019

filed I-485 & I-765: April 2020

Received 2 EADs & 3 PFs

RFE on I-360: August 2021

sent response of RFE: Sept 1,2021

VAWA new card produced: October 13,2021

VAWA case approved: November 2, 2021

I-693 deficiency letter: December 22, 2021

Biometrics: January 18, 2022

interview on I-485: March 17, 2022

After the interview case changed to New card produced in 30mins

Green card in hand: March 24, 2022

id be happy to answer any question anyone has. 

Congratulations Lulu!!!🥂😊 always a joyful thing when folks reach the end of this tumultuous and somewhat cumbersome journey! Many more celebrations to come!✊🏻

18 hours ago, Lulu oz said:

Hi everyone, 

I want to share my good news as my journey with VAWA has come to an end. I wish everyone waiting this same and yours is coming. I have received my Green card. I’d like to share my timeline 

filed I-360: October 2019

filed I-485 & I-765: April 2020

Received 2 EADs & 3 PFs

RFE on I-360: August 2021

sent response of RFE: Sept 1,2021

VAWA new card produced: October 13,2021

VAWA case approved: November 2, 2021

I-693 deficiency letter: December 22, 2021

Biometrics: January 18, 2022

interview on I-485: March 17, 2022

After the interview case changed to New card produced in 30mins

Green card in hand: March 24, 2022

id be happy to answer any question anyone has. 

Congratulations, did they ask you for proof of COVID vaccination?

Timeline
On 3/20/2022 at 10:03 PM, sam012019 said:

I am oct 2018, still waiting as well. I ve not done any inquiry yet by senator. Did you get any RFE 

I didn't get any RFEs. What about you?

I'd suggest you reach out to your congressman and inquire. It's easy and will give you some updates. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
On 3/24/2022 at 12:00 PM, Family said:

Nice Job , you won on defective NTA ! Take Termination and Run was sound decision …discretion comes and goes real fast . 
Given that you feed in the I-485 you are IN CLEAR waters to TRY option  modified option 2 at no risk and even relax and travel on ur I-131….YOU have a pending I-485 being sent from EOIR to USCIS.

Title the Packet “ Supplemental Filing to I-485xxxx and Urgent Request for Humanitarian Discretion “ 

Basically get a copy of the I-485 feed in receipt, forms  I-485 ( that was in MTR), copy of I-864W ( if was not in MTR, make a new one , no need to backdate), copy of approved I-360 ,  copy of pending I-765 I-131 , Order to Terminate and  send to Local Field Office Director . 

Make an infopass about 2 weeks later and though u are there to make the case for an I-131 expedite, you now have contact w human who CAN see where ur I-485 file is, can request the file ( or plead ur case to a supervisor)…AND carry a copy of what you mailed to Director . Express your fear of problems at Re entry AND see if it works to speed up the I-485.

You did a Bang Up Job !!!!!! Hope you also keep sharing your experience/ knowledge w those in removal and VAWA 

I’m planning to mail the packet today but I have a couple of questions. I received a copy of the I-485 that was in the mtr from my attorney’s secretary. She indicated I-864W is not required since the i-485 is based on an approved I-360. Is that correct? Also when I’m sending this to the local field office director do I need to address to the director by name or will something general like "Attn: Field office director". Probably not a big deal but I’ve had so many letters/ar-11s that seemed to go nowhere when mailed to VSC so I want to be sure. 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
On 3/26/2022 at 12:00 PM, Pinkrlion said:

You need to file the form to recant your lawyer.  If refile EAD, it maybe rejected or accepted that is the chance you are taking.  However, if you are refiling EAD because you believe it will change your address, it is not going to work.

Timeline

Hello house ,

@Pinkrlion @sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Family @Demise 

my first lawyer that filed my i130 and i485  reached out to someone that knew me that I have a letter in his office ,so I called him and he told me I have an Interview , I want to ask if I can inform the interviewer that my address is changed if they can help me right there to send my green card to my address ,I dnt want them to send my green card to my old address cause am not living there anymore and those people could throw my mail in the garbage cause they are wicked in that house ,can I tell the interview where to send the green card to that day ..can I let them update it with my address that I live now ..I just pray everything goes smooth for me 

On 3/26/2022 at 10:39 AM, Pinkrlion said:

You are a green card holder that has divorced the person they obtained their green through (including VAWA).  By law, if you divorce and marry someone else, you cannot file for them until you have been married 5 years as a Green Card Holder.  It is 3 years if you become a US Citizen.  

I was married to a US Citizen, so my ex wife was born and raise here in the US. So if my ex wife is a US Citizen and I will get married this year to non citizen and not green card holder I can petition her?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Chicago_315 said:

I was married to a US Citizen, so my ex wife was born and raise here in the US. So if my ex wife is a US Citizen and I will get married this year to non citizen and not green card holder I can petition her?

Are you a US Citizen?

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

42 minutes ago, Blunt said:

Hello house ,

@Pinkrlion @sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Family @Demise 

my first lawyer that filed my i130 and i485  reached out to someone that knew me that I have a letter in his office ,so I called him and he told me I have an Interview , I want to ask if I can inform the interviewer that my address is changed if they can help me right there to send my green card to my address ,I dnt want them to send my green card to my old address cause am not living there anymore and those people could throw my mail in the garbage cause they are wicked in that house ,can I tell the interview where to send the green card to that day ..can I let them update it with my address that I live now ..I just pray everything goes smooth for me 

You could bring an amended G-28 to the interview asking to send the CG to the lawyer's office, as well as a letter stating that your new address is your new safe mailing address. They should be able to roll that into your case.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Timeline
Just now, Demise said:

You could bring an amended G-28 to the interview asking to send the CG to the lawyer's office, as well as a letter stating that your new address is your new safe mailing address.

Okay thanks ,I just want them to send it to my address ..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.