2,967 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, nebula88 said:

Hello family!

A couple months ago I wrote about my case.I had an update two weeks ago and was wondering if anyone could help me.

I’ve applied for VAWA in March 2019 and my I-360 was approved in August 2021. Last December my I-485 was transferred from NBC to Vermont to "speed up processing", this week however I receive another notice saying my case was transferred from Vermont back to NBC again, to "speed up processing".

I don't understand why my case is being sent back and forth like that, any ideas? Do you guys think they still need to send it to a local office after NBC

Many thanks!

its up to USCIS what they decide. They can still send to local field office for interview or they might request your medical and approve you without interview. 

So do not worry about it. the main thing is your VAWA is approved and that is the backbone of this entire process. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@sandranj I got a a messages saying tracking number and package on its way but no tracking number yet. But this message says “reconsidering”. I don’t understand 

A593AB9C-FC11-4A71-BF15-AB42826BBA9F.jpeg

12 hours ago, God is a good God said:

After correspondence was received, it’s the decision on your case. I got correspondence was received too and after 4 months it changed to NOID becoz I had that 204c. But for you expect approval after correspondence was received. Keep hoping 

Thank you for encouraging words! 🤞 🙂

On October 28, 2022 The Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your I-485 because they could not deliver it. 

On October, 06, 2022, Card was picked up by USPS

On October 3, 2022, we mailed your new card for your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 30, 2022, we approved your form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

On September 29, 2022, we ordered your new card for Receipt #_________, and will mail it to the address you gave us

On August 25, 2022 we updated your date of birth for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization 

April 14, 2022 Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

March 15, 2022 We received your correspondence for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

March 14, 2022 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

July 26, 2021 We received your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

11 minutes ago, Gi Gi said:

got a a messages saying tracking number and package on its way but no tracking number yet. But this message says “reconsidering”. I don’t understand 

Congratulations! Your card is on its way , just wait for tracking msg. You got 2 messages because they took 2 actions

1. Reopened ur case and approved it ( no interview)

2. Ordered the card ..

Whatever u do … do not change address 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Family said:

Congratulations! Your card is on its way , just wait for tracking msg. You got 2 messages because they took 2 actions

1. Reopened ur case and approved it ( no interview)

2. Ordered the card ..

Whatever u do … do not change address 

Thank you @Family appreciate it 

3 hours ago, sandranj said:

You can get married, but you can't sponsor her now.You will be able to sponsor her after 5 years of your I-485 approval or when you become a U.S Citizen.  The 3 years rule won't be revoked because you will get married.

I couldn't petition my wife from a different country even I'm already a green card holder? As far as I know I can petition her if I'm a green card holder.

Hi all,

I’ve requested my congressman to submit an out-of-processing times inquiry on my behalf. Additionally, I submitted an online request over a month ago and my lawyer submitted another request on my behalf in a written form with g28 a while ago.

Recently I’ve received a short letter from USCIS stating that no third-party referrals are allowed and that my lawyer should submit an inquiry on my behalf (which has already been done). This is also odd, since I see a bunch of people here submitting congressional inquiries. I am wondering why wouldn’t they accept the congressional inquiry. 

can anyone provide any ideas about what’s going on, please? 

thanks.

Edited by Zzz___1

14 hours ago, J2020 said:

I’m trying to change the spelling of my father’s name on my passport

I think you want to change YOUR last name on your passport.. ( Latin origin w dos apellidos ?) Am not sure where in the “ Green Card “ process you are BUT you specifically asked if you CAN change after the card so answer YES.. file I-90 , pay fee , mark reason for filing as name change on pg 2 and send proof. 

On 3/17/2022 at 9:33 PM, Demise said:

You should honestly get another lawyer. I don't particularly recommend DIYing court stuff.

If you really want to, you send just the I-485 form and filing fee to a lockbox in Irving, TX. Then you put together the I-485 packet (https://www.uscis.gov/i-485Checklist). Once you get the I-485 receipt notice, you send the packet with the copy of the I-485 receipt notice to the court and serve a copy upon ICE Office of Principal Legal Advisor. You need some evidence that you filed I-485 with the court so it's best to hand deliver it, have an extra copy and have ICE and the court clerk stamp it. Then you take a copy of the I-485 receipt notice and a copy of the stamped first page of your copy of the I-485 packet and file an I-765 category code with C09 with the Chicago Lockbox.

I think my lawyer is playing me. After bugging her for many many days to do the above process for me to get an EAD, i finally get a response from her paralegal stating that they have had an in depth meeting about this and have determined i can actually file an EAD based on VAWA even on removal. She sends me an online form which i fill and send back to her, then she fills the form of EAD authorization then she just sent them to me so i can sign and include my 2 passport photos and send them back to her for mailing. Going through this form, she’s filing under the category of C31. I know from reading in this group that this category of EAD only gets approved once VAWA has already been approved. 

Have you guys ever heard of someone applying to get a C31 EAD before VAWA approval? I may be wrong but i think she’s just playing me to get off her back and buy time for VAWA adjudication 😂😂 I’m kinda not mad at her though, she’s creative in getting me off her back. 

@Demise @sandranj @Pinkrlion

12 minutes ago, Koi1 said:

I think my lawyer is playing me. After bugging her for many many days to do the above process for me to get an EAD, i finally get a response from her paralegal stating that they have had an in depth meeting about this and have determined i can actually file an EAD based on VAWA even on removal. She sends me an online form which i fill and send back to her, then she fills the form of EAD authorization then she just sent them to me so i can sign and include my 2 passport photos and send them back to her for mailing. Going through this form, she’s filing under the category of C31. I know from reading in this group that this category of EAD only gets approved once VAWA has already been approved. 

Have you guys ever heard of someone applying to get a C31 EAD before VAWA approval? I may be wrong but i think she’s just playing me to get off her back and buy time for VAWA adjudication 😂😂 I’m kinda not mad at her though, she’s creative in getting me off her back. 

@Demise @sandranj @Pinkrlion

You will not get your EAD until VAWA approved if your attorney file for based C31. 

Best thing to do is. If

You have pending i-485 then file your own i-765.

It would be free of charge if you have paid for i-485 

or you can send fee waiver if you can not afford. 

or you can simply pay for i-765. 

6 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Congratulations. We were just taking about it yesterday. 

Thank you! Finally 😁

5 minutes ago, HustlingStill said:

c9 or c31 ?

Well, I applied to renew my C9 EAD, and today got a notification card being produced. So I’m assuming it’s C9 :)

1 minute ago, 2020filer said:

Thank you! Finally 😁

Well, I applied to renew my C9 EAD, and today got a notification card being produced. So I’m assuming it’s C9 :)

Congrats when did you apply for Renew? What does your i360 status show now ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.