2,967 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Please must I go through my attorney to send additional documents on my pending vawa case? can i send it on my own? if yes, please how?  

If you have an attorney ( be it big money or pro bono) ..then sending in “ additional documents “ without consulting them is risky…and your attorney could withdraw, or be less than helpful in the future…..especially if you are Responding to an RFE .
Most DIYers on this forum , would ask many questions to make sure they are including all the needed docs. 
So make sure what you are sending is appropriate for YOUR case. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Family said:

If you have an attorney ( be it big money or pro bono) ..then sending in “ additional documents “ without consulting them is risky…and your attorney could withdraw, or be less than helpful in the future…..especially if you are Responding to an RFE .
Most DIYers on this forum , would ask many questions to make sure they are including all the needed docs. 
So make sure what you are sending is appropriate for YOUR case. 

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Family said:

1. What category is on your EAD/ work permit?

2. Did you get a Prima Facie/ Deferred Action Notice for the I-360?

3. The I-485 that’s in Vermont  will most likely be denied for lack of USCIS jurisdiction or just linger w no action …but remember the CRUCIAL/ IMPORTANT bit is the I-360 ….so a far off in the distance court date gives you time to get I-360 approved.

4. Sounds like your attorney has not yet made a first appearance in Immigration Court yet but since you paid/ retained her she likely  entered representation already and can reach out to ICE to see if they will join a Motion to Terminate…/ Not Oppose  or Admin Close …based on your pending I-360.
Follow @Demise,she is up to speed on court proceedings.

5. You said you did not know you were in removal..NTA shows how /when you were served …so when was NTA issued?

1. EAD is C09

2. I got a prima facie sometime around May but didn’t get a renewal(not worried about that)

3. That’s the reason I asked if I could file another 485 in court because I don’t want my 485 lingering in Vermont/ my FO.

4. she never told me that was an option, she says we wait till the master hearing to appear in court to present the 360 to the judge and hopes he dismisses it!

5. I don’t know about NTA, never received any letter in regards been in removal proceedings as well(I moved around a couple of times in the last 3 years and guess it was just sent to an old address).

Thank you for your help, I’ll speak to my attorney about your 4th point and also follow Demise.

Thanks once again!

9 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Your proceedings are based on asylum or what application? Before your master hearing your vawa should be approved already and you’ll terminate the proceedings and file let USCIS adjudicate on your i485. Terminating proceedings are very easy these days. 
I’m in proceedings too, my vawa just got approved 4 weeks ago, waiting for the approval letter for me to either terminate the proceedings and attend the i485 at USCIS or let the judge adjudicate my i485

The proceedings are based on my previous I -130 from my marriage. Congratulations on your approval! You're one step closer. 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
50 minutes ago, balo101 said:

yup. I do not trust these lawyers. at one point they kept my EAD renewal file and forget to send it. 

Do you have receipt number for the application? 

Yes I have the receipt number for the renewal ,my Congress person helped me get the receipt number that I can use to track it 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, balo101 said:

that's good. At least you can track that. Hopefully they will approve soon 

I think the best thing for me to do now is to change the whole address to my own address so that I can receive all my documents at my own address ,I want to send the AR 11 to Vermont and write a note under it that I want all my receipt notices and Card should stop going to my lawyers address but my address and I will also tell my Congress person to help me Inquire about the change of address if it has been successfully updated ,most of all these lawyers dnt really care about someone’s life ,as long as is not their life they dnt care ,that is my next move now ,I want uscis to stop sending him anything as regards my case ,as a matter of fact I dnt want him to represent me again on the case cause he has been so useless from day one ,have been the one doing everything,he doesn’t do anything ..he dnt know nothing about vawa ,the only thing he does is to receive my letter from uscis..please you people should advise me on how I can let uscis stop sending him anything and sending all my receipt notices to my address 

11 minutes ago, Blunt said:

I think the best thing for me to do now is to change the whole address to my own address so that I can receive all my documents at my own address ,I want to send the AR 11 to Vermont and write a note under it that I want all my receipt notices and Card should stop going to my lawyers address but my address and I will also tell my Congress person to help me Inquire about the change of address if it has been successfully updated ,most of all these lawyers dnt really care about someone’s life ,as long as is not their life they dnt care ,that is my next move now ,I want uscis to stop sending him anything as regards my case ,as a matter of fact I dnt want him to represent me again on the case cause he has been so useless from day one ,have been the one doing everything,he doesn’t do anything ..he dnt know nothing about vawa ,the only thing he does is to receive my letter from uscis..please you people should advise me on how I can let uscis stop sending him anything and sending all my receipt notices to my address 

I remember i used to go to my lawyer's office sit there for hours just to help them fill out my EAD or AP applications. Hiring them was a mistake if i have to do everything. 

I think there is a process to follow if you do not want your attorney to represent anymore. Let's wait for someone can give their input. 

18 minutes ago, Blunt said:

please you people should advise me on how I can let uscis stop sending him anything and sending all my receipt notices to my

AR-11 to Vermont will not change your address, a written request with a “ safe mailing address “ seems to have worked for some.. but my hands on filing experience was hit or miss and mostly no .

If you no longer want the attorney to get anything and stop representing you , then you need to fire him. You can go in person to their office ( get your file , sign something terminating their services) and ask for a copy of letter they need to send to Vermont USCIS that states they are withdrawing G-28 AND provide your safe address mailing address. You then include a copy of firing your attorney along with your request to get all correspondence to your “ safe mailing address “. 

Make sure attorney has your address , in case they still get anything from USCIS.

Timeline

@balo101 @sandranj @Family @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Demise Hello house I think the best thing for me to do now is to change the whole address to my own address so that I can receive all my documents at my own address ,I want to send the AR 11 to Vermont and write a note under it that I want all my receipt notices and Card should stop going to my lawyers address but my address and I will also tell my Congress person to help me Inquire about the change of address if it has been successfully updated ,most of all these lawyers dnt really care about someone’s life ,as long as is not their life they dnt care ,that is my next move now ,I want uscis to stop sending him anything as regards my case ,as a matter of fact I dnt want him to represent me again on the case cause he has been so useless from day one ,have been the one doing everything,he doesn’t do anything ..he dnt know nothing about vawa ,the only thing he does is to receive my letter from uscis..please you people should advise me on how I can let uscis stop sending him anything and sending all my receipt notices to my address ,I want that lawyer to stop representing me ,he is not putting his best on my job atall ,uscis sent receipt to him ,he has lost it ,he doesn’t know where the receipt is ,he doesn’t even suggest how we can get another receipt ,that’s a uselessss  lawyer to me ,he doesn’t know what he is doing ..if care is not taken this man could cost me when my green Card arrives ,he knows nothing about the vawa job ,I always be the one doing everything,the only thing I do is just using his address ..please house advise me on how I can stop using him and I want to be getting all my documents and letters in my own house mail box ..I dnt want anybody to use their own to affect my life 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Family said:

AR-11 to Vermont will not change your address, a written request with a “ safe mailing address “ seems to have worked for some.. but my hands on filing experience was hit or miss and mostly no .

If you no longer want the attorney to get anything and stop representing you , then you need to fire him. You can go in person to their office ( get your file , sign something terminating their services) and ask for a copy of letter they need to send to Vermont USCIS that states they are withdrawing G-28 AND provide your safe address mailing address. You then include a copy of firing your attorney along with your request to get all correspondence to your “ safe mailing address “. 

Make sure attorney has your address , in case they still get anything from USCIS.

The problem of this attorney is that you can even hardly see him ,he looks like charge and bail lawyer 🤣🤣 

1 hour ago, Grateful❤️ said:

EAD is C09

2. I got a prima facie sometime around May but didn’t get a renewal(not worried about that)

3. That’s the reason I asked if I could file another 485 in court because I don’t want my 485 lingering in Vermont/ my FO.

I would file for an EAD based on Deferred Action ( C-14) and that will automatically take care of your May renewal. 
The advantages to to C-14 EAD are BIG: It can be renewed , notwithstanding potential delays or even denial of I-485. 
Lingering I-485 is a good thing , if not denied for obvious lack of jurisdiction BECAUSE when/if the Immigration Judge grants Termination , you can use the same I-485 ( your attorney files copies of I-485 receipts) and adjusts in Court or picks to get Order to Terminate, send copy to Vermont and say , please resume my I-485 am no longer in removal. 

1 hour ago, Blunt said:

@balo101 @sandranj @Family @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Demise Hello house I think the best thing for me to do now is to change the whole address to my own address so that I can receive all my documents at my own address ,I want to send the AR 11 to Vermont and write a note under it that I want all my receipt notices and Card should stop going to my lawyers address but my address and I will also tell my Congress person to help me Inquire about the change of address if it has been successfully updated ,most of all these lawyers dnt really care about someone’s life ,as long as is not their life they dnt care ,that is my next move now ,I want uscis to stop sending him anything as regards my case ,as a matter of fact I dnt want him to represent me again on the case cause he has been so useless from day one ,have been the one doing everything,he doesn’t do anything ..he dnt know nothing about vawa ,the only thing he does is to receive my letter from uscis..please you people should advise me on how I can let uscis stop sending him anything and sending all my receipt notices to my address ,I want that lawyer to stop representing me ,he is not putting his best on my job atall ,uscis sent receipt to him ,he has lost it ,he doesn’t know where the receipt is ,he doesn’t even suggest how we can get another receipt ,that’s a uselessss  lawyer to me ,he doesn’t know what he is doing ..if care is not taken this man could cost me when my green Card arrives ,he knows nothing about the vawa job ,I always be the one doing everything,the only thing I do is just using his address ..please house advise me on how I can stop using him and I want to be getting all my documents and letters in my own house mail box ..I dnt want anybody to use their own to affect my life 

Hey Blunt, If you need to withdraw from G 28 form…you must send USCIS a letter stating you want to withdraw the representation and move forward with your case without your attorney’s representation. From that point, USCIS will only send your case information and communicate with you.👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.