2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/13/2022 at 9:31 PM, i-need-help-pls said:

Congratulations RKE, I'm September 2018 filler no approval yet.

Congratulation once again, I'm happy for you.  

Thanks. 

25 minutes ago, Like22 said:

I’m wondering, Does uscis response online inquire about why my  case is out of processing time? If so, how long does it take . I did it week ago, still no response 

No honey. They will never reply to you. I have sent multiple letters, emails etc and no reply. If they replied it was only stupid generic not signed letter that they just working on my case and apologize for the inconvenience. 

2 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

No honey. They will never reply to you. I have sent multiple letters, emails etc and no reply. If they replied it was only stupid generic not signed letter that they just working on my case and apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thanks for replying. My lawyer doesn’t want help me for the processing, always says wait and I’m so tired. When did you send your case 

On 8/10/2022 at 4:52 PM, God is a good God said:

Hey vj family, went to my i485 interview today. The officer just asked me my name and name of my ex wife and yes/no question.

i didn’t get vaccinated because I am allergic to all vaccines and my doctor was ok with that and did my medical like that and found out I didn’t need vaccines for hepatitis b and measles because my body is immune. So got 0 vaccine. The officer was nice and check my medicals to be ok. And said I will expect the decision in 2 weeks.

Reminder : I was in removal proceedings in court because of asylum since 2016

December 2017 filed i130 

October 2019 filed i360 after divorce 

november 2020: filed i485 in court and another copy sent to USCIS Irving Texas.

March 2021: got 204c fraud on my i130 

november 2021: got NOID on i360 because of that 204c.

january 2022 responded to NOID

February 2022: i360 approved  

March 2022 :my lawyer filed motion to terminate proceedings in court and same month motion terminated by judge.

-May 2022 my lawyer wrote a letter to my local office to schedule me for interview and attached copy of i485 and i360 approval and letter of judge terminating my proceedings 

-July 2022 got interview letter i485 but the status online didn’t change at all and today interview that was easy and officer was nice

hopelly I get my green card soon

I went for my i-485 interview last Wednesday 08/10/2022. Got a mail on Saturday 08/13/2022 for RFE for misrepresentation on DS-160 when I applied for visa in 2013. I got a visa as single while I was married to my ex wife back home. I responded to this misrepresentation already when I got NOID on my i360. The i-485 came up again with the same thing and uscis is requesting me to file i-601 waiver for that. Can I file the i-601 waiver myself ? Or I must continue with my lawyer ? My lawyer is charging  me 4000$ for i-601 but I don’t have the money now and the filling fee for i-601 is 930$

21 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

I went for my i-485 interview last Wednesday 08/10/2022. Got a mail on Saturday 08/13/2022 for RFE for misrepresentation on DS-160 when I applied for visa in 2013. I got a visa as single while I was married to my ex wife back home. I responded to this misrepresentation already when I got NOID on my i360. The i-485 came up again with the same thing and uscis is requesting me to file i-601 waiver for that. Can I file the i-601 waiver myself ? Or I must continue with my lawyer ? My lawyer is charging  me 4000$ for i-601 but I don’t have the money now and the filling fee for i-601 is 930$

If you don't have money, 

You can do the same as you did when responding to the NOID concerning your form I-360. 

Explain everything because you don't have any other choice than to file for form I-601. 

My case is out of processing time. Contacted 2 times congressperson and haven’t received response. Uscis never asked RFE . Got 4 PF. What experience do you have for the situation? Once contacted VSC and officer replied that my case is under security check. I never had criminal history in my life . What should I do for speed up my case process . I think officer forgot my case . Waiting 34 month..   

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Like22 said:

I’m wondering, Does uscis response online inquire about why my  case is out of processing time? If so, how long does it take . I did it week ago, still no response 

No

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

10 hours ago, God is a good God said:

Went through similar case filling i-601 by yourself it’s complicated I suggest you let the attorney do it 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/17/2022 at 4:19 PM, Royal Seed said:

@sandranj May you please answer my earlier question.

@sandranj I was never on removal proceeding and I renewed my C09 employment authorization twice in 2019 without any issue. I only got a notice of administrative closure for i-130 after the interview in 2018 when i told the officer I would be submitting i-360 and when I received a receipt notice, a copy was taken to her at the local office. Could this be a mistake from USCIS? Please, I need your assistance.

Please post your previous question here.I don't  remember your case.

On 3/25/2022 at 4:49 PM, keano99 said:

Would appreciate any thoughts on I-485 status:

* Filed I-360 and I-485 concurrently in Feb 2018

* I-360 approved Feb 2020

* Received RFE for I-485 requesting my birth certificate in April 2020

I have heard nothing ever since. Case status is stuck at "We received your correspondence and are reviewing it". It's been 2 years now, no response from congressperson either.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Yesterday I received an update: “ we sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number XX. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires.” 

Waiting to see what this RFIE is, but has anyone else experienced this? Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.