2,967 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Anujra said:

Hi,

I received RFE for i-693 letter on 6/17/2022.

My lawyer responded to USCIS on 7/5/2022.

Waiting for the next step.

timeline:

i-360 & i-485 on 10/3/2019

i-360 approved on 8/31/2021(but the letter received in October, 2021)

i-485 transferred 10/29/2021

REF for i-693 6/17/2022

What is your field office?

My i360 got approved march 2022. My immigration proceedings terminated April 2022. My i485 was filed I court and a copy filed to USCIS irving Texas. Now I don’t know how my i485 will be transferred. My lawyer sent letter to uscis with the approval letter i360, a receipt of payment of i485 and a copy of i485 application and a letter of termination of proceedings to uscis since may 2022 but until now no response. Should I do an info pass or my lawyer?

2 hours ago, Anujra said:

Hi,

I received RFE for i-693 letter on 6/17/2022.

My lawyer responded to USCIS on 7/5/2022.

Waiting for the next step.

timeline:

i-360 & i-485 on 10/3/2019

i-360 approved on 8/31/2021(but the letter received in October, 2021)

i-485 transferred 10/29/2021

REF for i-693 6/17/2022

Hope you hear some wonderful news soon 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Hi all,

can we marry while vawa is pending? 

I read online it says no 

I talked to lawyer using lawfully app appointment he said yes it’s possible. I asked him how? He replied saying there is no where written that you can’t marry . I said online he said show me in uscis portal.

I have no proof to show him. 

5 minutes ago, kodicsv said:

Hi all,

I read online it says no 

I talked to lawyer using lawfully app appointment he said yes it’s possible. I asked him how? He replied saying there is no where written that you can’t marry . I said online he said show me in uscis portal.

You can’t:

Your Form I-360 will be denied if you re-marry prior to the approval of the Form I-360. Remarriage after the Form I-360 has been approved will not affect the validity of the petition.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/abused-spouses-children-and-parents/questions-and-answers-abused-spouses-children-and-parents-under-the-violence-against-women-act-vawa

Edited by Zzz___1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
On 7/12/2022 at 4:14 PM, Evasn said:

Congratulations !! Did you get a combo card or just both separate? How long work Auth and AP are valid . I've heard they give work authorization for 2 years now. What about AP? 

They gave me a combo card valid for two years. 

Timeline
On 7/13/2022 at 12:56 AM, balo101 said:

I think it will be a combo card since both are approved on same day. 

You were right my dear. It is indeed a combo card. 
EAD category is 09P even though I applied for c31. Thanks 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Wow that good you got combo card. 

now the question is did you pay for renewal of C31? 

Yes I paid for both forms. I got a fee waiver when I submitted my I485. 

48 minutes ago, balo101 said:

According to Sandra NYC is taking 15 to 17 months for the interview. 

I am from NYC as well. I have long way to go. 

Oh wow, I did not think it was as long as this. 
How long has your application I-485 been moved ? Lots of patience needed 

8 minutes ago, lonelyheartclub said:

Oh wow, I did not think it was as long as this. 
How long has your application I-485 been moved ? Lots of patience needed 

Yeah thought the same thing. 

My VAWA was approved in March 2022. I found out through my congress person that my file is in NYC since April. Since you guys are waiting for over a year now. It is too soon for me to expect anything. 

10 hours ago, kodicsv said:

Hi all,

I read online it says no 

You can’t get married with a pending i360. If you do, the i360 will be automatically denied. But once your i360 is approved, you can now marry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.