2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey guys,

ย 

Today I used my advanceย parole to enter to the US and the immigration officer was rude. My vawa was approved on February/2022 and he asked me questions about where is my wife, how we met, why I applied to vawa and he asked me about the abuse, he asked me if I got married because of the green card.ย It is insane that I got the divorce almost three years ago and they think I should know where my crazy ex wifeย is.ย Anyway after two hours waiting in that room he stamped my passport and let me in to the US. ย I thought they were going to reject my entry to the country.
ย 

advice: if you are in vawa do not leave the country. Do it only if itโ€™sย really necessary.ย 

Edited by DanyT.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lithuania
Timeline
11 hours ago, Double said:

Re-apply.

ย 

My case was denied when I used an Attorneyย and approved when I re-applied on my own. ๐Ÿ˜€ย Theย Attorney wasted my time. Finding a good VAWA attorney is hard. Most of themย move files and act as a middle man with noย strategic benefit whatsoever.ย 
ย 

What I didย differently: took two weeks to read my declarationย from the lens of an outsider/critic looking for loopholes, andย found many. Then I took my time to re-write it in my own words, raw emotions, showing my vulnerability through that experience, etc.

ย 

Its not over. Time has passed. Years have gone by but I didnโ€™t stop living my life to the fullest. Count your blessings and try again.

ย 

Feel free to reach out if you need a second look at your declaration. Iโ€™m inconsistent with this forum but can help. Good luck.ย 

Thanks,ย  I will reach out to you!

12 hours ago, DanyT. said:

Hey guys,

ย 

Today I used my advanceย parole to enter to the US and the immigration officer was rude. My vawa was approved on February/2022 and he asked me questions about where is my wife, how we met, why I applied to vawa and he asked me about the abuse, he asked me if I got married because of the green card.ย It is insane that I got the divorce almost three years ago and they think I should know where my crazy ex wifeย is.ย Anyway after two hours waiting in that room he stamped my passport and let me in to the US. ย I thought they were going to reject my entry to the country.
ย 

advice: if you are in vawa do not leave the country. Do it only if itโ€™sย really necessary.ย 

Was this asked in the secondary inspection?ย 

Which Airport was that?

58 minutes ago, balo101 said:

That is very strange. I travelled few time while my VAWA was pending. There was no issue. Now my VAWA is approved i am planning to travel next month. From JFK NY.ย 

Go ahead with your travels plan.ย 

You will not have any problem.

What happened to Miami airport during the second inspection is very unusual.ย 

Been travelling several times without any problem.ย 

15 hours ago, DanyT. said:

Hey guys,

ย 

ย 

I traveled also with AP and everything went very smoothly.ย ย I haven't had any problem so far. Sorry to hear that had a bad experience with the officer.ย 

2 hours ago, balo101 said:

That is very strange. I travelled few time while my VAWA was pending. There was no issue. Now my VAWA is approved i am planning to travel next month. From JFK NY.ย 

ย Due to the new immigration enforcement bill that just passed in Florida, the state is a bit strict. As far as New York is concerned, there should be no problems.ย ย 

29 minutes ago, RavE77 said:

Hi guys!!! I have an interview in 3 days.. any ideasย what kind ofย questions will be? Vawa based. Thanks โœŒ๏ธ

Your interview will theย admissibility reviews.ย 

Mostly the YESย and NOย questions you marked on your form I-485.ย 

If you have a copy, try to review it again.

You will be fine, do not worried becauseย your vawa,the most difficult part,had already beenย approved.ย 

Edited by Rhema1

3 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

Your interview will theย admissibility reviews.ย 

Mostly the YEAย and NOย questions you marked on your form I-485.ย 

If you have a copy, try to review it again.

You will be fine, do not worried becauseย your vawa,the most difficult part,had already beenย approved.ย 

Thanks so much! Hope will get my gc soon..

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.