2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi everyone,I hope and pray all goes well for everyone in here and out there on there cases.

Please if anyone can help me with my situation,anyone who has gone through the same thing,is going through the same thing or has got experience on this I will appreciate.

TIME LINES!

Feb 2015 filed 485

Feb 2017 interview 485(put on pending because I filed VAWA)

Feb 2017 VAWA filed (360)

Sept 2019 360 Approved 

Sept 2019 receipt for approval sent to usci office since have pending 485.

In between issue EADs no interview no update.

2021 follow up no updates.

Feb 2022 letter to supervisor.

March 30 2022  interview 

March 31 2022 update case reopened

Until today nothing is going on..on the interview the officer told us they have reopened the case and since it has been there for so long the have to look into it.

it’s over 120days and it’s still case re-opened!

My lawyer inquired twice online and they send that general message that decision hasn’t been made.

Is this normal?,Should I consult my representative..

I feel this process has taken forever.

Any advice /input will be truly appreciated.

Thanx.

3 hours ago, carieme said:

Hi everyone,I hope and pray all goes well for everyone in here and out there on there cases.

Please if anyone can help me with my situation,anyone who has gone through the same thing,is going through the same thing or has got experience on this I will appreciate.

TIME LINES!

Feb 2015 filed 485

Feb 2017 interview 485(put on pending because I filed VAWA)

Feb 2017 VAWA filed (360)

Sept 2019 360 Approved 

Sept 2019 receipt for approval sent to usci office since have pending 485.

In between issue EADs no interview no update.

2021 follow up no updates.

Feb 2022 letter to supervisor.

March 30 2022  interview 

March 31 2022 update case reopened

Until today nothing is going on..on the interview the officer told us they have reopened the case and since it has been there for so long the have to look into it.

it’s over 120days and it’s still case re-opened!

My lawyer inquired twice online and they send that general message that decision hasn’t been made.

Is this normal?,Should I consult my representative..

I feel this process has taken forever.

Any advice /input will be truly appreciated.

Thanx.

I would definitely reach out to my representatives. 

That is very long process. 

2 hours ago, balo101 said:

Yeah, that's right. 

You should have contacted your congressperson long ago for case inquiries. 

Nevertheless, it is not to late to do so. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, balo101 said:

Thanx a lot.

For some reason my lawyer always wanted to inquire and when I asked about going through congress she said wait to do that.

Timeline

Thanx a lot.

Any fast way of contacting the congress man?,the last time I reached to them they wanted alot of stuff of which I had to get from my lawyer,for some reason she blocked me from going through the congress man.

1 hour ago, carieme said:

Thanx a lot.

Any fast way of contacting the congress man?,the last time I reached to them they wanted alot of stuff of which I had to get from my lawyer,for some reason she blocked me from going through the congress man.

When i contacted my congress person and senator they only asked me to fill out a privacy form and i provided them receipt numbers. They never asked to provide anything else. 

Just go to their website and fill out the form then they will contact you. 

Timeline

When i contacted my congress person and senator they only asked me to fill out a privacy form and i provided them receipt numbers. They never asked to provide anything else. 

Thanx a lot @balo101

Hi @Pinkrlion

Hope you are doing great fam. 

Do you have an idea what kind of questions your family was asked at the embassy for their immigration visa interview? 

I only found questions regarding IV interviews for regular i30 cases, nothing regarding VAWA related interview questions 

8 hours ago, J2020 said:

Hi @Pinkrlion

Do you have an idea what kind of questions your family was asked at the embassy for their immigration visa interview? 

I only found questions regarding IV interviews for regular i30 cases, nothing regarding VAWA related interview questions 

They'll probably just give you the normal gauntlet to make sure that you are not a criminal or otherwise inadmissible. When it comes to AOS, it too is just making sure you're admissible and they can grant you AOS. In any case they shouldn't ask regarding your I-360 over a question that you affirm everything you said so far as true and correct. They might ask some of the I-130 questions regarding the marriage being legit.

Marriage based AOS and maybe IV issuance are the actually the weird ones because there is the additional burden of proof placed there that your marriage is legit and it is the only family relationship you can fake cause well not like you can normally pick up a different parent, child, or sibling without doing something exceptionally weird or outright fraudulent.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

On 7/31/2022 at 9:32 AM, balo101 said:

VSC verifies that it is actually you by comparing the signature on the I-360 to the signature on the privacy release. I'm not sure what they do if the signatures mismatch, they'd probably ask for another one or for secondary evidence that you are who you claim to be.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, J2020 said:

Hi @Pinkrlion

They were asked the same questions as a IV interview.  There was no separation based on VAWA. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Hi family, 

Can you guys guess what this RFE could be?

Is it how they request for deficiency letter?

I just received it on my case update.

Wawa approved, April 2022

EAD/C31 recieved, April 2022

Form I-485 transferred from Vermont to NBC,  ending May 2022.

20220801_192206.jpg

28 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

Hi family, 

20220801_192206.jpg

Very possible that this is indeed an RFE for medicals (and/or sth else, if e.g. you haven’t submitted your birth certificate etc.)

Yay! Looks like you are getting close 😁

What’s your FO, if you don’t mind answering? 

1 hour ago, Rhema1 said:

Hi family, 

20220801_192206.jpg

Most likely it would be medical request. Let's wait and see. 

47 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Most likely it would be medical request. Let's wait and see. 

That is what I thought, because the first one submitted is currently expired. 

If it happens to be the case, does Covid-19 vaccines still mandatory?

I sincerely doesn't want to do it. Any way out?

Someone can inbox me if he or she has any way out concerning the Covid-19 vaccine. 😔😔😔

Edited by Rhema1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.