2,967 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Family said:

Thank you for the response . I trying to understand why @AJJUhad problems with her change of address , as many others have reported problems w change of address using AR-11. I thought perhaps she may have sent her AR-11 to the pre printed address on the form itself, instead of Vermont. 

It's really just filling that form out and sending to Vermont but of course the safe address is still my lawyer's office.

6201ACC7-F9CC-4544-A847-86873B9EDB51.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

At the very start of this journey. So far read all of thread 6 (earliest one I could find) and working my way through thread 7. So much helpful information by @sandranj. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, TimTams said:

At the very start of this journey. So far read all of thread 6 (earliest one I could find) and working my way through thread 7. So much helpful information by @sandranj. 

When you read the threads you learn a lot, and make less mistakes in compiling your proof and information to file.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Guys,

My vawa was approved on January/2022 and I got the card in production status on november/2021.  On march 7th, 2022, I received a I-693 DEFICIENCY NOTICE, stating that an initial reviews to my I-485 shows that I haven't sent my medical exams. They said I didn't have to do anything because if I receive an interview notice I will need to bring the exams with me or maybe if I don't need interview I will receive a RFE.  Till now I haven't received an interview notice nor a RFE so, Do you know how long would it take to receive any notification about it? Should I do anything from my side?

3 hours ago, DanyT. said:

Hi Guys,

My vawa was approved on January/2022 and I got the card in production status on november/2021.  On march 7th, 2022, I received a I-693 DEFICIENCY NOTICE, stating that an initial reviews to my I-485 shows that I haven't sent my medical exams. They said I didn't have to do anything because if I receive an interview notice I will need to bring the exams with me or maybe if I don't need interview I will receive a RFE.  Till now I haven't received an interview notice nor a RFE so, Do you know how long would it take to receive any notification about it? Should I do anything from my side?

Just wait, no need to do anything. Noone could say when they send something to you also

Hi fam 

I just received my approval notice, and along with that I received another notice of deferred action 

what does the deferred action notice mean, it says USCIS has decided to place this case under deferred action giving some cases lower priority for removal, this action will remain in effect for a period of 15 months from the date of this notice unless terminated earlier by USCIS for reasonable cause and upon appropriate notice” 

what does this mean? Is this a bad thing? 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline

Please house how long does it take for immigration medical examination result to come out ?? I did mine and these people haven’t gotten back to me ,when I check their rating on Google they only have one star ..they even lost my blood work ,they told me I had to come back and I did ,now I called them they are saying different thing ..please how long does it take for immigration exam to come out ..my interview is next week and I have to take it along with me to the interview so as not to delay my case ..I’m calling them back tomorrow ..

Hey family. Here’s my timeline again. FO is queens Ny 

vawa approved July 2021

congressman request made in Jan 2022

Got a reply March 20 from them with attached rfe for medicals in email.

rfe said final decision will be taken after receiving medicals. The rfe was from queens field office and was sent to the address given by them on March 26. No update at all on the app or the website about rfe sent or received. Please if anyone in this situation could shed some light. All help appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, DanyT. said:

Hi Guys,

Complete the medicals and send it to them. Don’t wait for the interview notice as there may or may not be any interview. 

On 4/10/2022 at 3:06 PM, sam012019 said:

I'm still waiting for my I-360 decision since 3years + and I have EAD valid for another year. I'm planning to file mandamus writ to force USCIS to make a decision on my case.  Per saying " Expect the best , be prepared for the worst". I would like to see what options I have to challenge USCIS decision, if it issues denial, in the court ? Any experts please suggest on this.  Will I be able to keep EAD if I go to federal court to challenge USCIS decision of denial?Thank you!

Don’t file the mandamus yet. We have similar timelines. I had years of long silence with no RFE and my congressman shunned me 😂

Here’s what I did:

1. Sent a personal letter to USCIS for an update

2. Contacted my congressman for support

3. Sent a copy of my police report (good moral character). They didn’t ask for another copy but I needed someone to review my case. 
4. Sent another letter which I stated that I’m ‘wondering if I missed any correspondence because I was working in another state temporarily’. lol …. sshhh! 🤐 

5. Submitted out of normal processing request. 
6. They’ll send you a letter refusing to provide any update and ask you to mail USCIS instead. I made a copy of that letter and attached a written letter pleading for an update. I received a status update in 2 days with approval  😂😂

I can send you a draft of the letter for help. (With my info blurred of course). Good luck!! 

I didn’t take these actions at once. Some in parallel and others giving months in between. 

Edited by Double

24 minutes ago, Double said:

Don’t file the mandamus yet. We have similar timelines. I had years of long silence with no RFE and my congressman shunned me 😂

Here’s what I did:

3. Sent a copy of my police report (good moral character). They didn’t ask for another copy but I needed someone to review my case. 
4. Sent another letter which I stated that I’m ‘wondering if I missed any correspondence because I was working in another state temporarily’. lol …. sshhh! 🤐 

6. They’ll send you a letter refusing to provide any update and ask you to mail USCIS instead. I made a copy of that letter and attached a written letter pleading for an update. I received a status update in 2 days with approval  😂😂

I can send you a draft of the letter for help. (With my info blurred of course). Good luck!! 

I didn’t take these actions at once. Some in parallel and others giving months in between. 

Yes can u please send me,.. mine taking so long don’t know what to do

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello Family, I'm 2018 filler and it's over 43 months and no approval yet. On March 30, 2022 I got Case Status: Initial Review. 
We received your correspondence for Form I360, PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOW(ER), OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT, Receipt Number EACXXXXXX. We are reviewing your correspondence, and will send you a notice if we need something from you.

I don't know what to do again , Any advice or recommendations please ? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Double said:

Here’s what I did:

Please am same position. please can you send me a draft. THANKS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.