pepegrillo

Case after Dq'ed changed to "merical limitations on immigrant visa issuance prescribed by law, this petition is not eligible for further processing at this time."

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Danjoe said:

I received similar stuff on my ceac page and i got my interview date within a week and some 3 others too as well.. So i am talking from experience.

As I stated, look at the visa bulletin.  Check the priority dates!!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

This means there are people in front of you.  This is not new.  NVC will not allow processing until a visa number is available for the applicant.

Example: New F3 applicants are. likely, about 14 years from being available.  New F4 applicants are, likely, about 15 years from availability.  If the applicant is from India, Mexico, or PI, it will, likely, be longer.

image.thumb.png.554afdf10bb355dd2dda0fb6793df197.png

I understand that about the cut-offs on the visa bulletin; however, my PD is Nov 2005 and I am from ROW. So, I am not sure why my case switched to the new message.

3 hours ago, Danjoe said:

Meaning that your interview date is coming soon.. Your file is out on transition and you will definitely receive Immigrant appointment interview soon.. Fingers crossed.

This is my impression too. Mine and my brother's PD was 2013 for F1 category, which apparently is current. In that case, there can only be 2 scenarios to explain the above situation. The 1st is what you just suggested (to me this is more logical both from your personal experience and the situation on the ground).  The second possibility is it could be a technical glitch which should resolve in a matter of time. Anything else is unlikely. 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Kanke said:

This is my impression too. Mine and my brother's PD was 2013 for F1 category, which apparently is current. In that case, there can only be 2 scenarios to explain the above situation. The 1st is what you just suggested (to me this is more logical both from your personal experience and the situation on the ground).  The second possibility is it could be a technical glitch which should resolve in a matter of time. Anything else is unlikely. 

Maybe a technical glitch......but to suggest that an interview is close for someone who is, obviously, 2 years away doesn't make a lot of sense.  I know of members who have priority dates of 2021 for sibling cases who see the same message.  There is no way their interviews are close.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

21 hours ago, khalid762 said:

You’re from India and the cut-of- date in visa bulletin chart A is September 2005 I think so you’re not current yet that’s why you received that message but you’re close I think visa bulletin will move forward this summer 

A.  FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES

On the chart below, the listing of a date for any class indicates that the class is oversubscribed (see paragraph 1); "C" means current, i.e., numbers are authorized for issuance to all qualified applicants; and "U" means unauthorized, i.e., numbers are not authorized for issuance. (NOTE: Numbers are authorized for issuance only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the final action date listed below.)

Family-
Sponsored 
All Chargeability 
Areas Except
Those Listed
CHINA-mainland 
born
INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES 
F1 01DEC14 01DEC14 01DEC14 08SEP99 01MAR12
F2A C C C C C
F2B 22SEP15 22SEP15 22SEP15 01SEP00 22OCT11
F3 22NOV08 22NOV08 22NOV08 15SEP97 08JUN02
F4 22MAR07 22MAR07 15SEP05 22APR99 22AUG02

Chart-A cut off date shows 22 September 2015. Means PD April 2007 falls before it. I think the summary change belong to technical glitch which is sign of IL process. Many got ILs after this messages.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jafadb said:

image.thumb.png.025f5b59dffea275a2896bae0463ff2a.png

Correct.  A case can be approved at USCIS, but will pause at NVC until a visa number is available.  Sometimes, they remain at NVC for years and years before the fees can be paid and NVC documents can be submitted.  DOS is going to immediately make these categories current when the visa bulletin clearly indicates that only applicants with priority dates in 2005, 2007, or before have visa availability.

Timeline
On 3/9/2022 at 10:40 AM, Danjoe said:

I received similar stuff on my ceac page and i got my interview date within a week and some 3 others too as well.. So i am talking from experience.

I received similar message on CEAC  yesterday. My DQ june 2020, PD june 2019. Visa category F2A ...  but  March Visa bulleting shows the category is Current  😰

nvc.PNG

Edited by Liiban

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am also getting the same message on my CEAC portal and my visa category is IR1. Furthermore, I am not able to see my Affidavit of Support documents location, seems like a system glitch but not sure of the authenticity for that because we don't have any update from NVC for this issue. My case completion date is 2-Nov-2021.

(F2B Case:-

USCIS Journey: California Service Center :- I-130 NOA1 : 2009-JUL-27 ==>I-130 NOA2 :2010-FEB-19

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # : 2010-MAR==> NVC Welcome Letter- 2015-JUL-30== >DS261 Form-Update Both Email I.D :- 2015-JUL-31 ==> Aos Invoice Generated- 2015-JUL-31 ==> Aos Fees Paid Status "Paid" - 2015-Aug-3 ==>Aos Package Sent- 2015-SEP-05==>IV Invoice Generated-2015-SEP-22==> IV Invoice Status "PAID" - 2015-SEP-22==>DS 260 Submitted- 2015-OCT-03==>.Civil Documents Submitted - 2015-OCT-10

CASE COMPLETE - 21-Nov-2015

Medical - 22nd April 2016

Interview - 2nd May 2016 (Status:- Approved)

Visa In Hand - 5th May 2016

IR1 for Spouse

USCIS Journey: California Service Center:- I-130 NOA1: 2019-NOV-19

I-130 NOA2: 2021-Apr-12

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # 2021-Apr-15==>AOS Fees Paid Status "Paid" - 2021-Apr-17 ==>AOS Package Submitted 2021-Jun-03==>IV Invoice Generated-2021-Apr-15==> IV Invoice Status "PAID" - 2021-Apr-16==>DS 260 Submitted- 2021-05-05==>.Civil Documents Submitted - 2021-05-08==> Resubmitted Joint Sponsor 2021-Aug-9

DQ:- 2-Nov-2021

Medical - 9-May-2023

Interview - 24-May-2023

Visa In Hand - 31 May 2023

IR2 for NB Baby

USCIS Journey: Nebraska Service Center Transfer (Potomac Service Center):- I-130 NOA1: 2022-Feb-01

I-130 NOA2:- 2022-Apr-22

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # 2022-Apr-28==>AOS Fee ==> Exempted - case linked to mother case==> IV Immigration fees “PAID”==> 2022-Apr-29==>Ds-260 Submitted- 2022-May-05==> Civil Documents Submitted - 2022-May-05

DQ:- 1-Aug-2022

Medical - 9-May-2023

Interview - 24-May-2023

Visa In Hand - 31 May 2023

N-400
Filed: 3/9/2021
NOA1: 3/9/2021
Biometric Appt /Reuse Notice: 8/31/2021

Interview:- 12/09/2021 (APPROVED)

Oath:- 1/7/2022

Timeline
6 hours ago, anjum123 said:

I am also getting the same message on my CEAC portal and my visa category is IR1. Furthermore,

Then there is a technical glitch in the system.....I'm sure they will fix it.

Hi, F2B visa case. The case has been DQ'ed since June 16, 2021, and the priority date is June 11 2012. I recently logged into the ceac portal and this message came up "Due to the numerical limitations on immigrant visa issuance prescribed by law, this petition is not eligible for further processing at this time. The National Visa Center (NVC) will retain the petition until an immigrant visa becomes available. The NVC will notify the petitioner, principal applicant, or attorney of record when this petition is eligible for further processing. The principal applicant should not make any firm plans such as disposing of property, giving up jobs, or making travel arrangements at this time." . This is for my boyfriend who lives in Dominican Republic. All documents and fees were paid and submitted so please does anyone know when he will receive an interview and what this message means?

20 hours ago, AngelaC13 said:

Hi, F2B visa case. The case has been DQ'ed since June 16, 2021, and the priority date is June 11 2012. I recently logged into the ceac portal and this message came up "Due to the numerical limitations on immigrant visa issuance prescribed by law, this petition is not eligible for further processing at this time. The National Visa Center (NVC) will retain the petition until an immigrant visa becomes available. The NVC will notify the petitioner, principal applicant, or attorney of record when this petition is eligible for further processing. The principal applicant should not make any firm plans such as disposing of property, giving up jobs, or making travel arrangements at this time." . This is for my boyfriend who lives in Dominican Republic. All documents and fees were paid and submitted so please does anyone know when he will receive an interview and what this message means?

So far, those who have recieved the"numerical limit..." message, mostly are with a status DQ and with priority date current. Though it's difficult to exactly tell the implications of the summary message, it seems a simple technical error of no concern. However, we shouldn't undermine the fact that there are others who have speculated it based on personal experience as a sign of progress before receiving interview letter. I personally is in favour of the later because I just recieved the latest 60-day automatic notification from NVC two weeks ago and it hadn't surprised me coming across the speculation as it had been over a year since I was DQ. What I found not convincing is relating it to priority date not being current. In my opinion this is far from truth at least for 2 reasons. Firstly, most of those who are recieving the message have priority date before the cutt-off date, meaning they are current and hence, visa numbers are available for them. Seondly, if this development had to do with priority date or visa number being not available because of the priority date, it could have been sent immediately after DQ or in a short while, not a year and two after the cases have been DQ. Nevertheless,  Whichever is the case we should remain positive and see what comes next. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.