March 2022 I-130 Filers

380 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 hours ago, Texasinlaw said:

My case has been approved guys!!

submitted I-130 3/15/2022

Approved 5/18/2023

Congratulations! Start getting your documents ready for NVC. Wishing you the best of luck.

Timeline
3 hours ago, HaileyD98 said:

Did y’all get an AR2 as well? I’ve read this can mean approval but my case status hasn’t changed?

Contact your congressman immediately to find out what's holding up your case. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, S&J@2020 said:

Contact your congressman immediately to find out what's holding up your case. 

It just went into AR2 Friday night. My attorney has the access to the online account and I haven’t heard back from her yet. But, from what I can see on lawfully it just says reviewing. If it is an approval I’m not sure how long it takes to update online. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, HaileyD98 said:

It just went into AR2 Friday night. My attorney has the access to the online account and I haven’t heard back from her yet. But, from what I can see on lawfully it just says reviewing. If it is an approval I’m not sure how long it takes to update online. 

Then it's likely an approval notice is on its way. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok so I've been reading that a ton of you have had approvals. 

submitted March 27 2022

Received March 30 2022

VSC

I still haven't heard anything.. I had my congressman reach out about 2 months ago and said my application was processing normally.  What else can I do? Over 18 months now and my case hasn't been touched!

• 3 months later...
On 10/2/2023 at 6:54 PM, vinny7 said:

Ok so I've been reading that a ton of you have had approvals. 

submitted March 27 2022

Received March 30 2022

VSC

I still haven't heard anything.. I had my congressman reach out about 2 months ago and said my application was processing normally.  What else can I do? Over 18 months now and my case hasn't been touched!

Now 21 months and was finally able to submit my own inquiry but all it did was change my taking longer than expected to three months. I'm skeptical it's even legit. 

Anyone else encounter this?

@vinny7 I'm a late May 2022 filer. Similar to you my case is taking extra-long. It did have to go to VSC for background checks. As far as I know it's been at VSC for 7 months. I sent a letter to my original service center(Texas) asking for a status update about 3 weeks ago. Have not heard anything. I uploaded evidence in November(PSA certified marriage certificate) and all that did was increase my processing time by 4 months. Now I'm down to 2 months. But I've been down to two weeks before. I'm happy for all of the approvals, but its frustrating that my wife has still not been approved after 19 months. Sorry, it is BEYOND frustrating.

Edited by Cirkul

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
14 hours ago, Cirkul said:

@vinny7 I'm a late May 2022 filer. Similar to you my case is taking extra-long. It did have to go to VSC for background checks. As far as I know it's been at VSC for 7 months. I sent a letter to my original service center(Texas) asking for a status update about 3 weeks ago. Have not heard anything. I uploaded evidence in November(PSA certified marriage certificate) and all that did was increase my processing time by 4 months. Now I'm down to 2 months. But I've been down to two weeks before. I'm happy for all of the approvals, but its frustrating that my wife has still not been approved after 19 months. Sorry, it is BEYOND frustrating.

July 2022 filer, still waiting... I was finally able to send an inquiry last week. The estimated time did change from "taking longer.. to 2 months" now. My case has been at the Seattle field office for over 5 months. I checked on other posts to see how long people will receive a decision after submitting an inquiry through their website. Most cases took 2-3 months. I will call them after 30 days. While I am sooooo tired of this waiting game, let's hope it will end soon!!! Please keep us posted. 

@FlyG22 I'm cautiously optimistic we will be getting some good news soon. Did talk to my lawyer today who said that if we don't get approved by July, he will file a lawsuit against USCIS. I get the sense from him that it won't come to that though.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cirkul said:

@FlyG22 I'm cautiously optimistic we will be getting some good news soon. Did talk to my lawyer today who said that if we don't get approved by July, he will file a lawsuit against USCIS. I get the sense from him that it won't come to that though.

Don't lose hope! Did you submit an inquiry on their website? I think it is working. Here is an update to my case. They are finally taking some actions. We got a response saying we will receive a decision or notice shortly. If not, we can inquire again after 60 days. This is way better than the information (waiting until 2028 for an inquiry) we got from Emma or the field office. Actually, the field office also notified us that the service center contacted them. Below is from case tracker. I think they just recently had these detailed features. Lawfully only shows the 2nd time actively review, which does not indicate an immediate approval now. 

image.thumb.png.7577604de1efc02c0d619829816e4e07.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.