llcoolwil

March 2022 I-130 Filers

380 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, DaniandChris said:

I know it doesn’t mean much but our estimated time is now 4 months! So still looking at June for approval. I wish this was quicker. Anyone else have any good news today? 

When is your PD?

12 hours ago, DaniandChris said:

I know it doesn’t mean much but our estimated time is now 4 months! So still looking at June for approval. I wish this was quicker. Anyone else have any good news today? 

If your PD is March 2022, like everyone else in this forum, you aren’t supposed to be having an estimated remaining time of four months. That’s too long. All March 2022 PD applicants have few weeks remaining. This is what I observed. 

Hello,

I wanted to give everyone an update as I have been reading this thread for a while for updates.

My sister's application for her husband was completed March 2022. 

She did not have any change on her application until February 12, 2023 -- no review, just "received".

I finally got fed up with the time (Potomac) and we called and they put in a note in the account (February 6th 2023). After the call, on February 12th, her application changed from Received to Actively Being Reviewed.

Tip for everyone: I think you should all call. This is a very dumb process and insanely slow. We also put in a request with our Congressional Representative. Hoping to get an approval in the next week or two!

On 3/6/2022 at 4:55 PM, llcoolwil said:

I couldn't find this thread so I'm starting one for the March 2022 filers :) Please remove if there is one that couldn't find! 

Date Filed: March 2, 2022

NOA1: March 3, 2022

I filed on march 1st 2022 and still waiting 

so I think we both on same boat 

My partner called USCIS to get any updates. and this is what we got so far.
There is no updates whatsoever on the 1-130. It has not been assigned to anyone at Potomac. Processing time for that application is on or by June 30, 2023.
The I-129F (K3) should be processed by March 2, 2023. It was looked at on 12/20/2022..
Also, the change of address should have only taken 30 days.
If we don't receive any correspondence that they've changed petitioner address, it could potentially cause a delay to the processing of the I-130 if in case they need to mail something. Change of address form has also NOT been assigned to anyone.
Filing dates: (both are in potomac)
1-130: 29-Mar-2022
K3: 10-May-2022
Change of Address: Jan-2023
Anyone has similar experience? Don't know what to expect at this point. The processing dates they mentioned are the case inquiry dates! What I am curious about is the 12/20/2022 that the agent said that someone has looked into the K3 already.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jacq1227 said:

My partner called USCIS to get any updates. and this is what we got so far.
There is no updates whatsoever on the 1-130. It has not been assigned to anyone at Potomac. Processing time for that application is on or by June 30, 2023.
The I-129F (K3) should be processed by March 2, 2023. It was looked at on 12/20/2022..
Also, the change of address should have only taken 30 days.
If we don't receive any correspondence that they've changed petitioner address, it could potentially cause a delay to the processing of the I-130 if in case they need to mail something. Change of address form has also NOT been assigned to anyone.
Filing dates: (both are in potomac)
1-130: 29-Mar-2022
K3: 10-May-2022
Change of Address: Jan-2023
Anyone has similar experience? Don't know what to expect at this point. The processing dates they mentioned are the case inquiry dates! What I am curious about is the 12/20/2022 that the agent said that someone has looked into the K3 already.

I haven't had to deal with the change of address so I can't speak on that one. Both my I-130 and K3 are also in Potomac. USCIS honestly won't tell you anything beyond the "Worst case scenario" which is the inquiry date. They told me it was "ready for adjudication" months ago and that's the furthest I got with them directly. Our representative/congressman was able to confirm that our petition is assigned to a specific agent, however, also could not confirm an anticipated approval date. They did notify the agent about the inquiry from the representative. But that's all we've got. 

15 hours ago, Tim hamsir said:

I filed on march 1st 2022 and still waiting 

so I think we both on same boat 

Yeah looks like the majority of us are in the same boat. You should fill out your visa timeline in your profile! It helps keep Visa Journey as accurate in timing as users allow :) 

Hey all,

I filed I-130 for wife. Im a US citizen. My wife lives in India and her passport is getting expired on January 2024.
I have given her current passport details on I-130 form.

I was wondering should we renew her passport now?

If we renew the passport:

• the new passport will have different number than previous however it mentions old passport number which would be what we put in I-130
  • If we renew the passport, do we need to let USCIS know about it?

If we don't renew the passport now

• When interview times come close to June 2023, the expiry date would be too close.
  • Can they ask us to renew the passport first and then schedule interview? In doing so it may take more time and delay her coming here.

Thanks in advance :)

Timeline
Just now, Nisarg99999999999 said:

Hey all,

I filed I-130 for wife. Im a US citizen. My wife lives in India and her passport is getting expired on January 2024.
I have given her current passport details on I-130 form.

I was wondering should we renew her passport now?

If we renew the passport:

• the new passport will have different number than previous however it mentions old passport number which would be what we put in I-130
  • If we renew the passport, do we need to let USCIS know about it?

If we don't renew the passport now

• When interview times come close to June 2023, the expiry date would be too close.
  • Can they ask us to renew the passport first and then schedule interview? In doing so it may take more time and delay her coming here.

Thanks in advance :)

You do not need to provide a new passport number right away. Your wife will need to have her passport renewed prior to the interview if you think she will have 6 months or less remaining on her passport by the time she enters the US. The US will not allow entry with less than 6 months left. I highly doubt they will tell you that you need to renew the passport before the interview. 

Check into the rules in India for passport renewal. Some countries won't allow renewals that early. Renewing the passport early if you can doesn't hurt at all. I did a name change on my passport which is the only reason why I get a renewed passport. Mine still has 2 years on it but due to the legal name change, it gets processed as a new one. 

1 minute ago, llcoolwil said:

You do not need to provide a new passport number right away. Your wife will need to have her passport renewed prior to the interview if you think she will have 6 months or less remaining on her passport by the time she enters the US. The US will not allow entry with less than 6 months left. I highly doubt they will tell you that you need to renew the passport before the interview. 

Check into the rules in India for passport renewal. Some countries won't allow renewals that early. Renewing the passport early if you can doesn't hurt at all. I did a name change on my passport which is the only reason why I get a renewed passport. Mine still has 2 years on it but due to the legal name change, it gets processed as a new one. 

Thanks much :)
So when do I need to provide new passport number? Cause everything will be processed under old passport number, is that okay?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nisarg99999999999 said:

Thanks much :)
So when do I need to provide new passport number? Cause everything will be processed under old passport number, is that okay?

Yes. It's okay for now. From what I have heard, it's best to have the new passport when you get into the NVC stage for when you upload the documents there. But I also heard that it's fine to just bring the new passport along with the old one to the interview. You want to make sure the visa is put into the correct passport. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nisarg99999999999 said:

I-130 isn't approved yet. If I renew the passport now. Passport that I put in I-130 would be canceled. Is that okay?

Yes. As mentioned, you just need to submit the documents of the NEW passport in the NVC stage if you have it. You will NEED an unexpired passport or one that does expire in 6 months or less at the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.