mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey has anybody used an advance parole document before. We don't have the green card yet but have to go to thailand tomorrow. The thai passport still has her old name in it but everything else has the new name. Would we have to get in the visitor line or resident line at customs?

didnt they approved her GC at the interview? and did they stamp somehting on her passport saying she's apporved for the GC?

They did mine and told I could use that just like a GC.. to work and come back in the country.. but i really hae to use it.

Called and I-551 stamp.. We are hoping to receive one tomorrow! :)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey has anybody used an advance parole document before. We don't have the green card yet but have to go to thailand tomorrow. The thai passport still has her old name in it but everything else has the new name. Would we have to get in the visitor line or resident line at customs?

didnt they approved her GC at the interview? and did they stamp somehting on her passport saying she's apporved for the GC?

They did mine and told I could use that just like a GC.. to work and come back in the country.. but i really hae to use it.

Called and I-551 stamp.. We are hoping to receive one tomorrow! :)

LoL.. Thanks ty.. i'm bad with name and number :lol:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: Timeline

Rich,

You might not be surprised if you understood that non-immigrant visas, including the K visas, do not require that the applicant have vaccinations in order to get the visa. So the instructions are written on the reasonable assumtion that the applicant for adjustment has not necessarily had the required vaccinations.

However, if the applicant has had the necessary vaccinations (or they are waivable on medical grounds), and the DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation Worksheet documents the fact, then it should not be necessary to duplicate the information with an I-693 Vaccination Supplement.

Like others who have reported their experience on this, my wife did not require the I-693 Vaccination Supplement for her adjustment - her DS-3025 was sufficient.

Yodrak

I'm going to give you slightly different advice. The requirements ask for the I-693A if you have already had the vaccintions. I would strongly recommend you give them what they are asking for. Call Civil Surgeons in your area and you can get one to fill in the appropriate info for about $50. You have to call several. You certainly do not need the exam again just the shots moved to the I-693A form. This is also supposed to be sealed in an envelope by the civil surgeon and included with you application. Please don't take the chance. I would be very surprised if you can get away with the from from Thailand.

Rich

twellspeak,

Take the chance to save the unnecessary expense.

In your wife's case, however, it appears that it was a certainty rather than a chance since you write that your wife did need vaccinations. That is a different situation, and one where getting the I-693 Vaccination Supplement is necessary.

Yodrak

Hello,

I'm having major confusion over this I-693 Medical Examination report for the AOS process. I'm getting confused a little on whether or not we need this document from a civil surgeon or just the vaccine supplement we already have from the original medical examination given in Thailand.

We only submitted the documentation from Dao's medical when we applied for AOS, and did not receive an RFE. Her AOS interview is Tuesday and we have been to the Civil Surgeon (twice) to get her vaccinations finished. We now have a fully completed I693A in a sealed envelope that we will give to the interviewing officer.

Like Rich said, why take a chance.

skyman,

There are no separate lines for visitors and citizens/LPRs at Customs.

Yodrak

Timeline

Welcome to all the new VJ members to the SAWASDEE 2 thread! :)

Be sure to read the reviews for the Embassy in Bangkok to find out information about the interview.

As for the I-693A, I sent both it and the DS-3025! Since I was able to get the information trascribed for free, I figured what the heck!

Robert

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline

twellspeak,

In your wife's case, however, it appears that it was a certainty rather than a chance since you write that your wife did need vaccinations. That is a different situation, and one where getting the I-693 Vaccination Supplement is necessary.

Yodrak

Yes, My wife had two items on her DS-3025 checked as insufficient time interval, they were Vercilla(sp?) and DT. Honestly, if I had known that the shots needed several injections over time we would have started sooner and had the complete series done before she went for her medical.

Edited by twellspeak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi Namwan

Welcome to SAWASDEE 2..

I saw your post about this a few days ago and I thought somebody already answer your question? well.. I didnt read through anyway :whistle:

Well.. I do not know about your over stay or the rules of H1B visa. So hopefully someone with a better knowledge would help you out.

The BKK consulate - for normal K-1 - are a piece of cake.. very easy and fast.. just a few questions asked.. So hopefully if your H1B problem solves then you should have a smooth journey :D(F)

- Anya

Hi Anya,

This is relieving, well, I hope it'll go smoothly too. Not sure but when this interview comes, I don't have to go waiting outside the consulate gate since 6.30 in the morning like when I applied for tourist visa....probably you know it... :angry:

-Namwan

Our story:

• June 2004: Met online, www.lavalife.com
  • July 2004: Jason came to Bangkok, we went to Phi Phi islands, it was so beautiful : )
  • April 2005: Met again in Italy, trip photos are here.
  • October 2005: Jason came to Bangkok again, went to Krabi
  • April 2006: Met in Paris, he proposed in Luxemburg garden : )
  • August 2006: Jason is going to file I-129, We're both very excited!

Timeline

Hi Namwan

Welcome to SAWASDEE 2..

I saw your post about this a few days ago and I thought somebody already answer your question? well.. I didnt read through anyway :whistle:

Well.. I do not know about your over stay or the rules of H1B visa. So hopefully someone with a better knowledge would help you out.

The BKK consulate - for normal K-1 - are a piece of cake.. very easy and fast.. just a few questions asked.. So hopefully if your H1B problem solves then you should have a smooth journey :D(F)

- Anya

Hi Anya,

This is relieving, well, I hope it'll go smoothly too. Not sure but when this interview comes, I don't have to go waiting outside the consulate gate since 6.30 in the morning like when I applied for tourist visa....probably you know it... :angry:

-Namwan

Unfortunately, Sorry to say but you still have to go wait in the line in front of the embassy early still...... It's just that there's only 2 (or sometiems 1) lines to get in and they dont care who's who so eventhough you have the interview appointment, you would have to wait like everybody to get in... (that's my experience... different people would say differently.. seems like it's depends on the guard that day ;) ) And yea.. I know the pain :lol: many times

But once you get in the you dont have to wait in line anymore.. you can get inside and wait for them to call your name at the time of the interview - and dont worry.. it's very easy and fast after you enter the embassy :D

Hopefully your journey should be as easy as everybody else... have you get the answer for your H1B question? you should also study abit about the waiver in case you need one. There's a waiver forum.. i've never read there.. so hopefully you find it useful.

-Anya

Edited by anya-D

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

Filed: Timeline

twellspeak,

My wife, fortunately, went well in advance for her visa medical and had time to return to the same panel physician to complete the series that she needed - thus getting a DS-3025 that showed all requirements met or waivable as medically inappropriate.

Yodrak

twellspeak,

Yodrak

Yes, My wife had two items on her DS-3025 checked as insufficient time interval, they were Vercilla(sp?) and DT. Honestly, if I had known that the shots needed several injections over time we would have started sooner and had the complete series done before she went for her medical.

Timeline

We went for Dao's AOS appoint today... see the Sawasdee AOS thread.

One note: we were asked for a compleeted I-693A in the sealed envelope as her DS-3025 indicated she needed to complete her vaccinations.

Ty

Timeline
Unfortunately, Sorry to say but you still have to go wait in the line in front of the embassy early still...... It's just that there's only 2 (or sometiems 1) lines to get in and they dont care who's who so eventhough you have the interview appointment, you would have to wait like everybody to get in... (that's my experience... different people would say differently.. seems like it's depends on the guard that day ;) ) And yea.. I know the pain :lol: many times

But once you get in the you dont have to wait in line anymore.. you can get inside and wait for them to call your name at the time of the interview - and dont worry.. it's very easy and fast after you enter the embassy :D

Hopefully your journey should be as easy as everybody else... have you get the answer for your H1B question? you should also study abit about the waiver in case you need one. There's a waiver forum.. i've never read there.. so hopefully you find it useful.

-Anya

Ahh...I see what you mean, yes I remember there were 2 lines outside, one for people who already have interview appointment. What a drag... ;)

About the H1B, yes, I spoke to a few lawyers and each one gave different opinions :wacko: , some says they probably don't find out, but if that happened, only the waiver would help. So, at the moment there's really nothing we can do except start filing for I-129.

Thanks a lot for your support! (F)

Our story:

• June 2004: Met online, www.lavalife.com
  • July 2004: Jason came to Bangkok, we went to Phi Phi islands, it was so beautiful : )
  • April 2005: Met again in Italy, trip photos are here.
  • October 2005: Jason came to Bangkok again, went to Krabi
  • April 2006: Met in Paris, he proposed in Luxemburg garden : )
  • August 2006: Jason is going to file I-129, We're both very excited!

Timeline

Almost home... I think.

Ok well ,we have our interview date of September 18th and we as of today have every last peice of paperwork and then some. I have been feeling confident about everything as we have sped through the process pretty well with no problems. But today I spoke with a friend who scared me. HIs brother had some big problems getting his wife from Brazil a visa. He was telling me to be ready for the interview process because its very indepth and we should rehearse our answers and be ready for anything.

I know I've read that each embassy is different and their requirements are different but still this has me spooked.

Am I being paranoid now or should I really prepare for disapproval?

June 17, 2005: Met in Bangkok

December 11, 2005: 2nd trip to Bangkok

Feb 05, 2006: 3rd trip to Bangkok Engaged

March 15, 2006: 4th trip to Bangkok

April 30, 2006: 5th trip, Chaiyaphum to meet family

May 27, 2006: I-29F mailed

June 07, 2006: Received

June 15, 2006: NOA 1

July 03, 2006: IMBRA RFE

July 25, 2006: 6th trip, Phuket & Phi Phi for fun

July 27, 2006: NOA 2

Aug 02, 2006: NVC Case Number, Sent to Bangkok Embassy

Aug 14, 2006: Packet 3 Received

Aug 15, 2006: DS230 submitted to the Embassy

Aug 23, 2006: Packet 4, interview date Sept 18 2006

Sep 18, 2006: Interview: Approved no problems.

Sep 20, 2006: scheduled to pick up visa.

Sep 22, 2006: Visa in hand!

Oct 05, 2006: Flight from Bangkok to LAX

Nov 22, 2006: Civil Service (just to please immigration have real wedding planned in Thailand next year.

AOS

Dec 21, 2006: I-485 Mailed

March 20, 2007: NOA notice that Case is being transffered to CA.

June 25, 2007: RFE (redundant financial info).

July 19, 2007: Email Card production ordered

July 20, 2007: Email Welcome letter mailed to new permanent resident..

Remove Conditions

May 20, 2009 : Mail I-751

Timeline
Almost home... I think.

Ok well ,we have our interview date of September 18th and we as of today have every last peice of paperwork and then some. I have been feeling confident about everything as we have sped through the process pretty well with no problems. But today I spoke with a friend who scared me. HIs brother had some big problems getting his wife from Brazil a visa. He was telling me to be ready for the interview process because its very indepth and we should rehearse our answers and be ready for anything.

I know I've read that each embassy is different and their requirements are different but still this has me spooked.

wow you submitted ds230 on aug 15 and interview 9/18, thats great. hopefully the recalled cases will be set up that fast.

I129F Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent: 2006-03-21 I-129F NOA1: 2006-03-28 I-129F NOA2 : 2006-04-20

case sent back from overseas: 2006-05-22 because of IMBRA law

case received back at NVC: 2006-07-21

reopened at VSC: 2006-08-02

I-129F RFE(s) sent from VSC, email notice: 2006-08-03

I-129F RFE(s) received at my house:2006-08-09

RFE returned to VSC via USPS Priority Mail: 2006-08-10

RFE returned to VSC, email notice of receipt: 2006-08-15

Reapproval: 2006-08-29

Sent to NVC: 2006-08-30

Sent to Consulate: 2006-09-07

Consulate Received: Unsure

Received Packet 4: 2006-09-27

Interview Date : 10/12/2006

Entered USA : 10/31/2006 Married : 11/20/2006 SSN Received: 12/12/2006

AOS and EAD

Aos and I-765 Sent : 02/13/2007 via USPS Certified Mail

USPS delivery to Chicago Lockbox confirmed through Internet USPS tracking number: 2/20/2007

Check cashed : 03/02/2007

Noa for I765, I485 : 02/27/2007

Letter received for Biometrics : 03/05/2007

Biometrics Appointment 20 minutes : 03/16/2007

Email notifying I485 transferred to CSC : 03/19/2007

Letter received notifying transfer to CSC : 03/26/2007

Email notifying I485 case is pending at CSC : 04/17/2007

EAD Approved and Card Production ordered email : 05/07/2007

EAD Approval notice sent via snail mail: 05/10/2007 EAD Received : 05/11/2007

Email welcoming new permanent resident : 05/24/2007

2 Year Green card in hand : 06/01/2007

i-751

sent out packet via priority mail and delivery confirmation to Vermont Service Center: 03/23/2009

check cashed: 3/31/09 Noa: 4/1/09 Biometrics letter: 4/15/09 Biometrics Appt: 4/24/09 done

Timeline
Almost home... I think.

well.. i've never heard anybody in here say they had more than 3-4 questions asked - but at least it's best to be prepare.. if you are going with your fiancee then I think everything will be easier. Be prepare but dont worry.. it's really quite easy :D

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Almost home... I think.

Sounds like Brazil is difficult. However Thailand has not been tough. If you are going to be with her at the interview you will probably be fine just like the rest of us. The man that interviewed us really was friendly, smiling and polite.

Mike

K1 1/18/06 Fedex VSC

1/20/06 Package delivered to VSC (Day 1)

1/24/06 Check was cashed

1/24/06 NOA1 (Day 4)

2/2/06 NOA2 Approved (Day 13)

2/7/06 Case number assigned at NVC (Day 18)

2/16/06 Received Medical, requested Police record, paid Visa fee at post office

2/20/06 Mailed in her Checklist and DS-230 P1-Never received her Packet 3 (Day 31)

3/06/06 Received Packet 4 in the mail (Day 45)

3/07/06 Mailed in 2 photos and copy of passport photo page

4/24/06 Interview BNK Embassy (Day 94)

4/25/06 Received K1 Visa

5/09/06 Entered the USA at POE Chicago

5/19/06 Applied for SS#

6/21/06 Received SS#

7/01/06 Our Wedding Day

7/07/06 Changed name on SS Card

7/19/06 US Civil Surgeon Supplement $43.00

AOS 7/26/06 Mailed out the AOS to Chicago Lockbox (AOS day 0)

8/10/06 Received 3 Notice of Actions AOS, EAD, AP (Day 15)

8/19/06 Received RFE for financials...I already gave them everything! ??????

8/21/06 Biometrics in Manchester NH 11:00 AM (Day 26)

8/24/06 Mailed RFE financials again (Day 29)

9/07/06 Transfered to CSC (Day 43)

9/22/06 Received Welcome Notice email (Day 58)

9/28/06 Received "Approved" email

9/30/06 Received Green Card in Mail (Day 64)

I-751 06/20/08 Mailed out

06/25/08 NOA Received

01/26/09 Biometrics appointment

02/12/09 Transfered from VSC to CSC

04/05/09 Approval

06/30/09 Mailed N-400 to Texas

07/06/09 NOA

07/29/09 Biometric Appt

08/13/09 IL Reeived

09/21/09 Passed

10/16/09 Oath and Passport Application

?Notify S.S. of Citizenship

?Passport Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.