mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

I'm having major confusion over this I-693 Medical Examination report for the AOS process. I'm getting confused a little on whether or not we need this document from a civil surgeon or just the vaccine supplement we already have from the original medical examination given in Thailand.

I really want to get our AOS packet sent in and I have just about everything ready to go, ecspecially the I-131 AP document which I'm hoping will be given as quickly as possible since my Fiance's mother is very sick & ill.

I literally just got back from a local civil surgeon's office and they wanted roughly $450 to get my I-693 finnished and sealed up. I thought that was a little high so I backed out last second and I have called the USCIS twice since then before this message and I have gotten two different answers.

Would it be wise just to send in the packet with the vaccine supplement rather than the I-693 with a worst case scenario of having them RFE myself at a later point...

Sorry for all the questions

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi my name is Brandon. The question I am asking is probably on this thread somewhere, but it is a lot to go through. My fiancee is cambodian, and all cambodian cases has to be processed at the Bangkok embassy. I'm trying to find out the address to mail the Packet 3 checklist to the Bangkok embassy. Can anyone please help me, I would appreciate it, thanks. Oh one more question, does everything on the checklist has to be done before she send the checklist?

Well thank you in advance for whoever answers these questions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello,

I'm having major confusion over this I-693 Medical Examination report for the AOS process. I'm getting confused a little on whether or not we need this document from a civil surgeon or just the vaccine supplement we already have from the original medical examination given in Thailand.

I really want to get our AOS packet sent in and I have just about everything ready to go, ecspecially the I-131 AP document which I'm hoping will be given as quickly as possible since my Fiance's mother is very sick & ill.

I literally just got back from a local civil surgeon's office and they wanted roughly $450 to get my I-693 finnished and sealed up. I thought that was a little high so I backed out last second and I have called the USCIS twice since then before this message and I have gotten two different answers.

Would it be wise just to send in the packet with the vaccine supplement rather than the I-693 with a worst case scenario of having them RFE myself at a later point...

Hi

I used my vaccination suplement from Thailand.. had no problem.. not even a RFE and got my GC in 5 months.

Good luck

Hi my name is Brandon. The question I am asking is probably on this thread somewhere, but it is a lot to go through. My fiancee is cambodian, and all cambodian cases has to be processed at the Bangkok embassy. I'm trying to find out the address to mail the Packet 3 checklist to the Bangkok embassy. Can anyone please help me, I would appreciate it, thanks. Oh one more question, does everything on the checklist has to be done before she send the checklist?

Well thank you in advance for whoever answers these questions.

LEt me see if i can find a guy who married Cambodian and went through BKK.. may be you can talk to him too.

I really dont know the address.. sorry... let me check for his name..

It was "samsbs"

Sam and Mariya.. now Mariya already got her GC (without interview.. imagine that how lucky!!!) Mariya is from Cambodia too. :D

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello,

I just finished the AOS interview and all you need is the vaccination supplement from the Thailand doctor. If you have any vaccinnes that are marked insufficient time and don't have a mark for not age appropriate, then you will have to go to the local clinic for the shot. My wife just needed the varicella shot and we were able to go to the walk in clinic, get the shot, and go back to the INS office with the sealed envelope, and drop off the paperwork. We did it all in the same day and now the interview is being processed. Make sure you have some stuff in her name, like bank accounts, medical coverage, and beneficiary info to show at the interview cause they want that. They call it "bonifides". Good luck and hope this helps! :yes:

I met my honey in Iloilo!!!

Timeline

Anyways.....I have posted (in another thread) a few questions in regards to obtaining a B2 Visitor's Visa for my in-laws.

If anyone has any information and would like to share, please go HERE

I already posted the answer to your question overthere. Hope it helps ;)

Saw it there, thanks. Will have my wife go over it.

regards,

George

Hello,

Jacksonj51,

My wife also sent in only the vaccination suplement from the medical exam from Bangkok and all was good, no need for the I-693 form. Good luck w/everything.

regards,

George

George (USA) 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif and Pocky (Thailand)3dflagsdotcom_thail_2faws.gif

07-20-04 Mailed I-129F to USCIS CSC

07-26-04 NOA1

08-27-04 NOA2

10-18-04 Poc gets medical exam at Bumrungrad, applies for Police Certificate, pays K-1 Visa Fee and turned in DS-230 pt 1 & “checklist”

01-14-05 K-1 Approved

04-06-05 USCIS (Chicago Lockbox) receives AOS Package

04-13-05 Received NOA1s for I-485 & I-131

06-13-05 Received NOA2 for I-485, AOS Interview set for August 2005 at the San Francisco USCIS

08-10-05 AOS approved

08-15-05 Green Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Thanks for the replies & input everybody. I'm just gonna send in the Vaccination supplement and hope all goes well.

Kob khun sum-rup quam chuey lua khab

I'm going to give you slightly different advice. The requirements ask for the I-693A if you have already had the vaccintions. I would strongly recommend you give them what they are asking for. Call Civil Surgeons in your area and you can get one to fill in the appropriate info for about $50. You have to call several. You certainly do not need the exam again just the shots moved to the I-693A form. This is also supposed to be sealed in an envelope by the civil surgeon and included with you application. Please don't take the chance. I would be very surprised if you can get away with the from from Thailand.

Rich

08.15.2005 Mailed I-129F USPS

01.11.2006 P.O.E Seattle. Welcome to the U.S.A.

02.10.2006 Married

AOS Journey

03.27.2006 I-485 Mailed

08.21.2006 Green Card Arrivesl

11.19.2006 Emma is born

Removing Conditions

07.07.2008 I-751 Mailed

04.30.2009 Date of Decision: Approved

05.14.2010 Lilly is born

Citizenship: The Final Chapter

10.26.2010 N-400 Mailed

11.02.2010 NOA

11.05.2010 Biometrics Letter

11.10.2010 Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

04.13.2011 Interview

04.13.2011 Oath

Timeline
I'm going to give you slightly different advice. The requirements ask for the I-693A if you have already had the vaccintions. I would strongly recommend you give them what they are asking for. Call Civil Surgeons in your area and you can get one to fill in the appropriate info for about $50. You have to call several. You certainly do not need the exam again just the shots moved to the I-693A form. This is also supposed to be sealed in an envelope by the civil surgeon and included with you application. Please don't take the chance. I would be very surprised if you can get away with the from from Thailand .

Rich

I did :P

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello,

We only submitted the documentation from Dao's medical when we applied for AOS, and did not receive an RFE. Her AOS interview is Tuesday and we have been to the Civil Surgeon (twice) to get her vaccinations finished. We now have a fully completed I693A in a sealed envelope that we will give to the interviewing officer.

Like Rich said, why take a chance.

Edited by twellspeak

Timeline

Well Jenny got her AOS approval letter in the mail today, just 2 days after the interview. its says Welcome to the United States!!!!! We made it! Finally a break from all these forms for 2 years!!! All they asked was where we met, how many visits, and to show stuff with both our names on it. The only other paper we showed them was ID and Passports. Everything else they already had from before. Tahnks to all on this thread for all the advice!

Timeline
Well Jenny got her AOS approval letter in the mail today, just 2 days after the interview. its says Welcome to the United States!!!!! We made it! Finally a break from all these forms for 2 years!!! All they asked was where we met, how many visits, and to show stuff with both our names on it. The only other paper we showed them was ID and Passports. Everything else they already had from before. Tahnks to all on this thread for all the advice!

Congratulations to Jenny!! My wife's AOS was approved in Aug. 2005, :unsure: we are still waiting for the "Welcome to United States" letter..... :lol:

Congrats again.

regards,

George

George (USA) 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif and Pocky (Thailand)3dflagsdotcom_thail_2faws.gif

07-20-04 Mailed I-129F to USCIS CSC

07-26-04 NOA1

08-27-04 NOA2

10-18-04 Poc gets medical exam at Bumrungrad, applies for Police Certificate, pays K-1 Visa Fee and turned in DS-230 pt 1 & “checklist”

01-14-05 K-1 Approved

04-06-05 USCIS (Chicago Lockbox) receives AOS Package

04-13-05 Received NOA1s for I-485 & I-131

06-13-05 Received NOA2 for I-485, AOS Interview set for August 2005 at the San Francisco USCIS

08-10-05 AOS approved

08-15-05 Green Card received

Timeline

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread, I'm in BKK and Jason is going to file I-129 very soon once we're ready with all the documents and proof. Somehow I think I might have an 'overstay' problem since I lost my job when I had my H1B visa many years ago when I was in the US. We probably need to do a waiver if my visa is denied. Anyone has experience with this kind of waiver at the consulate in BKK? Any idea about BKK consulate? My experience with them couple years ago when I tried to apply tourist visa wasn't so good. Like many thai people would know about it. Any comment and suggestion will help.

Thank you for whoever answer my question :) . (Khop khun ka!)

Namwan

Our story:

• June 2004: Met online, www.lavalife.com
  • July 2004: Jason came to Bangkok, we went to Phi Phi islands, it was so beautiful : )
  • April 2005: Met again in Italy, trip photos are here.
  • October 2005: Jason came to Bangkok again, went to Krabi
  • April 2006: Met in Paris, he proposed in Luxemburg garden : )
  • August 2006: Jason is going to file I-129, We're both very excited!

Timeline

Congratz!! WOOW!! :dance:

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread, I'm in BKK and Jason is going to file I-129 very soon once we're ready with all the documents and proof. Somehow I think I might have an 'overstay' problem since I lost my job when I had my H1B visa many years ago when I was in the US. We probably need to do a waiver if my visa is denied. Anyone has experience with this kind of waiver at the consulate in BKK? Any idea about BKK consulate? My experience with them couple years ago when I tried to apply tourist visa wasn't so good. Like many thai people would know about it. Any comment and suggestion will help.

Thank you for whoever answer my question :) . (Khop khun ka!)

Namwan

Hi Namwan

Welcome to SAWASDEE 2..

I saw your post about this a few days ago and I thought somebody already answer your question? well.. I didnt read through anyway :whistle:

Well.. I do not know about your over stay or the rules of H1B visa. So hopefully someone with a better knowledge would help you out.

The BKK consulate - for normal K-1 - are a piece of cake.. very easy and fast.. just a few questions asked.. So hopefully if your H1B problem solves then you should have a smooth journey :D(F)

- Anya

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

Timeline

Hey has anybody used an advance parole document before. We don't have the green card yet but have to go to thailand tomorrow. The thai passport still has her old name in it but everything else has the new name. Would we have to get in the visitor line or resident line at customs?

Timeline
Hey has anybody used an advance parole document before. We don't have the green card yet but have to go to thailand tomorrow. The thai passport still has her old name in it but everything else has the new name. Would we have to get in the visitor line or resident line at customs?

didnt they approved her GC at the interview? and did they stamp somehting on her passport saying she's apporved for the GC?

They did mine and told I could use that just like a GC.. to work and come back in the country.. but i really hae to use it.

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.