mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Questions,

Does the orginial relationship letter that you sent the uscis get forwarded to the embassy in bangkok. Can you be to detailed in your writing of how you met and what you did? I was asked to write another letter for my girl to take to the embassy in bangkok and my attorney said my first letter might have been to detailed?? Can this be a problem? There was no talk of bars or sex or any thing offensive. We did go to pattaya for two days out of the two months I was there. Is this a horrible thing? We went dancing and to the beach!

I was very detailed day by day on the two months I was visiting? Has anyone heard of offering too much information? to embassy as a bad thing. I plan on being at the interview as well. I heard this helps sometimes?

I assume you mean the letter of intent when you say the relationship letter?

If so, then you CAN be as detailed as you'd like, however it's definitely not necessary, and personally I wouldn't. Why make it so detailed and long if it's not required and won't help you?

There is nothing wrong with going on vacation anywhere (Pattaya) and as long as she isn't a bar girl or anything sketchy like that then there's no problem.

Good luck raptorea.

Oh, and about attending the interview, from what I understand this isn't even a possibility now. I forget who was talking about this on this thread a few weeks back but was saying the US embassy doesn't allow the USC to go to the window where they're being interviewed with the beneficiary.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Questions,

Does the orginial relationship letter that you sent the uscis get forwarded to the embassy in bangkok. Can you be to detailed in your writing of how you met and what you did? I was asked to write another letter for my girl to take to the embassy in bangkok and my attorney said my first letter might have been to detailed?? Can this be a problem? There was no talk of bars or sex or any thing offensive. We did go to pattaya for two days out of the two months I was there. Is this a horrible thing? We went dancing and to the beach!

I was very detailed day by day on the two months I was visiting? Has anyone heard of offering too much information? to embassy as a bad thing. I plan on being at the interview as well. I heard this helps sometimes?

I assume you mean the letter of intent when you say the relationship letter?

If so, then you CAN be as detailed as you'd like, however it's definitely not necessary, and personally I wouldn't. Why make it so detailed and long if it's not required and won't help you?

There is nothing wrong with going on vacation anywhere (Pattaya) and as long as she isn't a bar girl or anything sketchy like that then there's no problem.

Good luck raptorea.

Oh, and about attending the interview, from what I understand this isn't even a possibility now. I forget who was talking about this on this thread a few weeks back but was saying the US embassy doesn't allow the USC to go to the window where they're being interviewed with the beneficiary.

Thank you,

There is no sketchy business. Just the first "letter of intent" that I sent to the uscis was very detailed day by day almost. and then I got a new thai attorney and now they have me worried because they say you are too detailed and the new letter as far as continue relationship should be shorter in details. I was just wondering if the first letter of intent is sent to the embassy in bangkok? and also the thai attorney says it would be a good idea if I attend the interview? I plan on going and my hope is her and me will be on a plane back home after a couple days after the interview. I am sure all will be ok. All I know is I love my future wife very much and she loves me to to and we want to spend our lives together and want this whole waiting process over and have other people saying or not saying that we can or cannot be together.

Timeline
Hi Everybody!!

Speaking of visas...I am working on the I-485 and the question is.........

......"Nonimmigrant Visa Number"

Is that the Control Number (14 digits) printed in black ink? or

the number (8 digits) looks like in red on the visa itself????

Thanks for your help

George and Joom

George - It's the red number. See pic in the VJ gallery.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/display...um=19&pos=1

John

Thanks John!!

Never thought to look there!

We are waiting for the Social Security Number so we can send in the AOS stuff

Timeline

Hi Everybody

This is what we did for Packet 3 and the interview

We sent in some items with the check list for Packet 3.

We sent in the.......

DS-230

DS-157

DS-156K

I-134

Special Instructions for Thai Applicants

2 Photos

Read the last page of the check list carefully...it says "enclosures" and bring all other items on list to interview.

That is what we did and had no problems

Our interview was Oct 6. She picked up her visa Oct 8 and was in the USA Oct 11 and Married Oct 20....

What a month...everything goes soooo slow and then all at once she's here. :)

Hope this helps

George

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

raptorea1, Generally the details would better be placed on the I-129F itself, section 18; "Have you and your fiance(e) met in the last two years?" You can attach a separate sheet giving as much detail as you would like, though I would discourage writing much longer than a page for that. I spent about 4 paragraphs giving somewhat of a timeline, detailing each precise date and duration of visit, which were corroborated by our passport stamps and other documentary evidence. Others have answered the question in two lines and that was sufficient for them.

The fiances' letters of intent can be very short and sweet, such as the example on here on VJ. I used that as a model on which to base my own, however we did not state much more than "We shall marry on arrival to America"; dated and signed, done.

I believe it is from this perspective your attorney is advising you to shorten it. I doubt what you have sent already shall cause any complications. You must still send another fiance letter of intent to your fiancee shortly before her interview. If you shorten that one as recommended, it might better serve you.

All the best,

Pete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Case Complete at NVC. Nice. Almost there.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

raptorea1, Generally the details would better be placed on the I-129F itself, section 18; "Have you and your fiance(e) met in the last two years?" You can attach a separate sheet giving as much detail as you would like, though I would discourage writing much longer than a page for that. I spent about 4 paragraphs giving somewhat of a timeline, detailing each precise date and duration of visit, which were corroborated by our passport stamps and other documentary evidence. Others have answered the question in two lines and that was sufficient for them.

The fiances' letters of intent can be very short and sweet, such as the example on here on VJ. I used that as a model on which to base my own, however we did not state much more than "We shall marry on arrival to America"; dated and signed, done.

I believe it is from this perspective your attorney is advising you to shorten it. I doubt what you have sent already shall cause any complications. You must still send another fiance letter of intent to your fiancee shortly before her interview. If you shorten that one as recommended, it might better serve you.

All the best,

Pete

I agree. The LETTER OF INTENT is nothing more than a letter stating you and the beneficiary, and vice versa, intend to marry when she enters the US. Simply put, it literally is a "LETTER OF INTENT TO MARRY".

There really isn't a reason that you need to include detailed accounts of how you met and your life with each other when together.

Also, are you sure you can attend the interview? I know awhile back people on this thread were saying the petitioner couldn't actually "ATTEND" the interview. You could step into the embassy but not go to the window with the beneficiary.

Of course, this could have changed since when I heard that.

Edited by Devkpaik

Timeline
Also, are you sure you can attend the interview?

I never said the petitioner could attend the interview. What you said is accurate, the American petitioner is allowed inside the embassy, but shall not sit during the interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Question about packet 4:

After fiancee receives appointment letter, is that when the I-134 (affidavit of support) should be returned to consulate?

I-134 should have been mailed to the consulate with Packet 3. but if she didn't mail it then she can bring it along on her interview date. After she gets her Packet 4,DO NOT return anything to the consulate,all she has to do is to wait for her interview date to come. hope this help :)

K1

5-17-08 Mailed I129F to CA Center

5-19-08 CA Center Received

5-22-08 NOA 1

9-26-08 NOA 2 (email)

10-02-08 NOA 2 Hard Copy

10-07-08 Case Number (mail from NVC)

10-16-08 Consulate mailed out Pacekt 3

10-22-08 Received Packet 3

10-24-08 Mailed Packet 3 back to Embassy

10-29-08 Received email confirm interview date is set on November 7

10-30-08 Medical exam

10-31-08 Received Packet 4

11-07-08 Interview

11-12-08 Pick up my Passport from Embassy

11-25-08 POE LAX

12-02-08 Got Married

12-05-08 Applied for SSN

12-13-08 Received SSN Card in mail

AOS

2-17-09 Mailed I-485 and I-765 package

2-19-09 USCIS Chicago received package

2-27-09 Received NOA from USCIS

3-02-09 Received Biometrics Appointment

3-20-09 Biometrics Appointment at 9.00 AM

4-11-09 Received Interview Appointment Letter

4-17-09 EAD card Production

4-23-09 Received EAD card

5-28-09 Interview Appointment at 12.00

3 Months and 11 Days From Filing Date to Interview Date

Timeline
The fly by the seat of your pants (their culture) versus financial planning (my culture) is clashing big time!

Our compromise was that family support is part of our budget. That satisfies my need for a controlled budget and her need to meet family obligations. So far so good.

You might also try getting some opinions at the forums on www.thaivisa.com. Lots of experienced expats in those forums.

Edited by feyser

K1 Journey

03/22/07 - Mailed I-129 Application

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

09/06/07 - Interview Successful!

10/25/07 - P.O.E. San Francisco

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

11/09/07 - Mailed AOS & EAD

12/12/07 - Biometrics

02/04/08 - Transferred to CSC

02/16/08 - EAD Card Received

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

08/28/08 - Filed N-400 via Section 319(b)

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

I never said the petitioner could attend the interview. What you said is accurate, the American petitioner is allowed inside the embassy, but shall not sit during the interview.

I never claimed you said the petitioner could attend the interview, although I can see why you thought that as I asked that question in response to your response to raptorea, however I was asking raptorea that question again because I had asked him previously when he first asked if it'd be better to attend the interview. I don't think he saw that question to him, and then he posted it again saying his lawyer told him it'd be better to attend, so I asked him again.

Question about packet 4:

After fiancee receives appointment letter, is that when the I-134 (affidavit of support) should be returned to consulate?

The I-134 should be BROUGHT to the consulate WITH the beneficiary at the time of the interview.

Question about packet 4:

I-134 should have been mailed to the consulate with Packet 3. but if she didn't mail it then she can bring it along on her interview date. After she gets her Packet 4,DO NOT return anything to the consulate,all she has to do is to wait for her interview date to come. hope this help :)

This is incorrect. The I-134 should NOT have been mailed with the Packet 3. The I-134 should be brought to the consulate on the interview date.

Unless something has changed in the past few months, then this is the way it is done.

Edited by Devkpaik

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Here's the packet 3 information from the BKK embassy website:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_vis...structions.html

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

I never claimed you said the petitioner could attend the interview, although I can see why you thought that as I asked that question in response to your response to raptorea, however I was asking raptorea that question again because I had asked him previously when he first asked if it'd be better to attend the interview. I don't think he saw that question to him, and then he posted it again saying his lawyer told him it'd be better to attend, so I asked him again.

Question about packet 4:

The I-134 should be BROUGHT to the consulate WITH the beneficiary at the time of the interview.

Question about packet 4:

This is incorrect. The I-134 should NOT have been mailed with the Packet 3. The I-134 should be brought to the consulate on the interview date.

Unless something has changed in the past few months, then this is the way it is done.

Ok I understand about interview however I will be there anyway as support. Now next to the next question Has anyone heard of the need to have 60 plus photos of the two of you for the interview process?? Thank you....

Question about packet 4:

Question about packet 4:

Ok I understand about interview however I will be there anyway as support. Now next to the next question Has anyone heard of the need to have 60 plus photos of the two of you for the interview process?? Thank you....

No, this isn't true either. You do NOT need 60+ photos. We had around that number but that's because we would always take lots of pictures. You'd be fine with, say, 12.

So if you don't have 60, don't worry. How many do you have?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.