mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Maybe they changed the place since I was there last. From the posts on this site, it sounds like they do it at one of those windows in the Non-USC building. Granted, I haven't been there in a couple years. I thought they just did it at window 5, not in a separate room.

That's the way I remember it when I was there in 2006. There was no way to get to any of the embassy staff, as they were all behind glass windows, as a matter of security. I don't know where someone could have punched a CO, as they are not accessible to the public. Additionally, "attending the interview" was nothing more than standing next to your fiancée in front of the window. There are some windows that you can shut a door behind, but you are still separated from the CO by the window.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello Everybody........

Joom is in the USA!!!

Her POA was Detroit and she had no problems.

We are planning to get married by a judge next week.

She asked a question about changing her sur name.

She has no problem with taking my last name but she would like to keep her Thai citizenship.

Has your wives taken your sur name and did they keep their Thai citizenship?

What about dual citizenship and how do you do that??

Thanks again

George and Joom

Timeline

Welcome to USA Joom. I don't think by taking your last name will automatically make her US citizenship. She has to get green card first and wait a few more years to apply for US citizenship. As for dual citizenship she can still keep her Thai passport and use it when she travel to Thailand and vise versa.

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: Timeline
Hello Everybody........

Joom is in the USA!!!

She has no problem with taking my last name but she would like to keep her Thai citizenship.

Has your wives taken your sur name and did they keep their Thai citizenship?

Thanks again

George and Joom

Welcome to the US Joom and Congrats George!

Timeline

Hey all, It's been a while since I've been on here since the new Mrs. and I have been busy showing her around the country and meeting family/friends. I just have a quick question, my wife entered nearly 90 days ago on a k-1 fiancee visa, she was fiancee then (as some of you may recall from previous posts of mine)... how long do we have to file for permanent resident? I called USCIS and the customer service rep said there was no written rule on how long you have, just that it should be done as soon as possible after marriage. Is this correct? I don't see anything in writing on their site or here on the guides that says a set amount of days to file for AOS. I got worked up because I thought we only had 90 days to file after her arrival (which is 5 days from now), but I think I got confused with how long we had to get married perhaps. A little help is appreciated.

Thanks

Steve & Bualai

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Joom is in the USA!!!

congrats

Has your wives taken your surname and did they keep their Thai citizenship?

of course she could keep her thai citizenship, the name doesnt change that. My does.....

cant be done......its either /or

Timeline

http://usembassy-australia.state.gov/consular/dualnat.html

This website confirms dual nationality is allowed. It clearly states that citizenship in a country is distinct from nationality. A foreign spouse may choose to become a U.S. citizen and still retain citizenship in their home country. Your SO can enter and leave the U.S. with a U.S. passport and enter and leave Thailand on a Thai passport.

Timeline

This website confirms dual nationality is allowed. It clearly states that citizenship in a country is distinct from nationality. A foreign spouse may choose to become a U.S. citizen and still retain citizenship in their home country. Your SO can enter and leave the U.S. with a U.S. passport and enter and leave Thailand on a Thai passport.

I stand corrected...

I thought for sure, this may have been several years ago then , that the only dual cit. the US accepted was Israel...

or so i thought...anyway, thanks for the info

Timeline

I stand corrected...

I thought for sure, this may have been several years ago then , that the only dual cit. the US accepted was Israel...

or so i thought...anyway, thanks for the info

The US may not recognize dual citizen but it is being done. You just dont go showing 2 different passports to the imigration officer at the POE (both Thai and USA) :devil:

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Timeline

Does anyone know if the Police Department in Bangkok will conduct the criminal background check before my fiancee receives the notice from the US Consulate? I have read that the checks are being delayed upto a month, and if we could do it sooner, I would just as soon go ahead.

Filed: Timeline
Does anyone know if the Police Department in Bangkok will conduct the criminal background check before my fiancee receives the notice from the US Consulate? I have read that the checks are being delayed upto a month, and if we could do it sooner, I would just as soon go ahead.

You can get it before it reaches the consulate. You need to bring the NOA 2 or NVC letter. However, some people on here were saying that the NVC or NOA2 wasn't required for them to get the police report.

Timeline

Yes. I just did it a few weeks ago. I havent got our NOA2 yet either.

Timeline

Here are a few more resources on dual citizenship.

United States official stance on dual citizenship

Thailand's official stance on dual citizenship This is Thailand's latest revisions to the Nationality Act according to some reliable expats and a couple lawyers I called. According to Section 13, a Thai citizen would have to CHOOSE to revoke their Thai citizenship.

General Dual Citizenship Information

K1 Journey

03/22/07 - Mailed I-129 Application

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

09/06/07 - Interview Successful!

10/25/07 - P.O.E. San Francisco

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

11/09/07 - Mailed AOS & EAD

12/12/07 - Biometrics

02/04/08 - Transferred to CSC

02/16/08 - EAD Card Received

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

08/28/08 - Filed N-400 via Section 319(b)

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.