mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Had time this afternoon to go through all my documents and make sure I have all that I will need for the interview. When it comes to emails, I have printed up nearly 3 years of email sent and received logs from Yahoo and a about 3-4 emails a year from Nov of 2005. The email logs are pretty thick. Anyone have some input on maybe I just take 3-4 pages from different parts of every year to put with the emails to show the email trail? It would certainly cut down on the weight of the stuff I have to carry over. I already have more than I ever thought I'd need just to be on the safe side.

we ended up preparing 2 folders for the interview. a primary folder and a "supplemental" folder. we included all the required documents and no more than a reasonable amount of evidence (in our opinion) into the primary folder. we put all the "extra" evidence (that we felt was overboard and going to make us look crazy) into the other folder. also, i think there were a couple of other documents that we didn't think we needed, but filled out anyway and those went in the extra folder as well. the first folder was enough for the interview and she did not have to give anything from the second folder to the lady at the window.

good luck

dvd

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Just for anyone who cares, my fiancee was able to send me a text message this morning. She uses AIS.

great, theres 2 coming through. I'll have my wife try later tonight.

I know she sent me one in the early morning today that didnt come through.

thanks

Timeline
Just for anyone who cares, my fiancee was able to send me a text message this morning. She uses AIS.

great, theres 2 coming through. I'll have my wife try later tonight.

I know she sent me one in the early morning today that didnt come through.

thanks

Finally got an sms today.......ooooh the little things in life

Filed: Timeline

My fiancee passed the interview and is scheduled to arrive in the USA on Aug 17th. Finally! We started this process on Jan 4th.

She had to wait 2 days after the interview to pick up her visa.... I usually thought it was just one day. We took a chance and booked the flight to the US about 2 weeks after the interview. This gives her a chance to get things organized before she leaves and we did not have to worry about the tickets. She went to a Thai travel agency... they reserved her ticket but she did not have to pay for it until after the interview. It's good to know you can reserve the ticket ahead of time!

Also, the Embassy Website still lists the interviews as of June 11th!! almost 2 months OLD. Why do they even have a posting of the interview dates if they dont update it? You tax dollars at work.

Oh Well... now I have to start reading the AOS process!

Interview questions were .... How did you meet. How many times has he been to Thailand. What did you do together in Thailand (Fiancee made a picture album to show him). When will you get married.

Thanks for the help on this web site... for those reading this.. it is very possible to do it yourself without an attorney. It is a confusing process but the forms are actually pretty easy to fill out. I did most of the paperwork for the fiancee.. she emailed me all her information and I put it on the forms. Then I express mailed them back to her. There is such a HUGE delay by the government that you can have the info prepared out well ahead of time. She is pretty good at English but was not comfortable filling out the forms.

Good luck to those still waiting.. It is possible!

K-1 Process

NOA1

01/04/2008- Received date for NOA1 Receipt for I129F

NOA2

05/09/2008- Email that Approval Notice was sent for I129F

5/16/2008 - Received I-797C Notice of Action 2 Approved the petition and have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will within two to four weeks:

NOA3

6/2/2008 - Fiancee Received Packet 3

6/9/2008 - Fiancee sent packet 3 to Embassy

6/16/2008 - Fiancee finished Medical and police report. Police report to be mailed to her in 2 weeks.

6/30/2008 - Have police report

7/29/2008 - INTERVIEW DATE! SUCCESS!

7/31/2008 - Picked up Visa 2 days later from Embassy

8/17/08 - Arrive to USA! (Yes, we booked prior to the interview)

9/15/08 -- Social Security Card (Had to argue about card with K-1)

11/13/08 -- MARRIAGE!

11/15/08 -- File for AOS

2/2/09 --- Received Advance Parole

3/15/09 -- Received Work Card

4/3/09 -- Trip to Thailand... Married Again

5/11/09 -- Interview and approval of AOS (ship card in 3 weeks!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
My fiancee passed the interview and is scheduled to arrive in the USA on Aug 17th. Finally! We started this process on Jan 4th.

She had to wait 2 days after the interview to pick up her visa.... I usually thought it was just one day. We took a chance and booked the flight to the US about 2 weeks after the interview. This gives her a chance to get things organized before she leaves and we did not have to worry about the tickets. She went to a Thai travel agency... they reserved her ticket but she did not have to pay for it until after the interview. It's good to know you can reserve the ticket ahead of time!

Also, the Embassy Website still lists the interviews as of June 11th!! almost 2 months OLD. Why do they even have a posting of the interview dates if they dont update it? You tax dollars at work.

Interview questions were .... How did you meet. How many times has he been to Thailand. What did you do together in Thailand (Fiancee made a picture album to show him). When will you get married.

Thanks for the help on this web site... for those reading this.. it is very possible to do it yourself without an attorney. It is a confusing process but the forms are actually pretty easy to fill out. I did most of the paperwork for the fiancee.. she emailed me all her information and I put it on the forms. Then I express mailed them back to her. There is such a HUGE delay by the government that you can have the info prepared out well ahead of time. She is pretty good at English but was not comfortable filling out the forms.

Congratulations!! :thumbs:

congrats johnirish!!!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Many congrats to you and your fiancee! I wonder if some consulate staffers were pulled to work on Bush's visit, and that's why the interview schedule got overlooked.

Enjoy your new life together.

Thai Mom

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Many congrats to you and your fiancee! I wonder if some consulate staffers were pulled to work on Bush's visit, and that's why the interview schedule got overlooked.

That probably explains why our Aug 1st interview got pushed back to the 18th. Congrats JohnIrish, hopefully I'll be able to post equally good news in a few more weeks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Quick question. On the I-134 affidavit of support, question #8, I still pay en ex-wife spousal support because of the screwed up Calif. laws. While I do not feel she is dependent on that money, I am trying to decide if I should list her or not. It automatically comes out of my paycheck and shows a deduction on my stub but I doubt they would even know what it was because of the way it's listed. Should I list her as being partially dependent?

Thanks!!

Shawndoc, out interview is the 21st and I am leaving for BKK on the 16th.

My fiancee thinks I should bring my Levis to wear to the interview. I always only bring shorts since that's all I wear when I am there. I know how she dresses may make a difference, but what about me? I like to be comfy!! Anyone had any insight into that?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
My fiancee thinks I should bring my Levis to wear to the interview. I always only bring shorts since that's all I wear when I am there. I know how she dresses may make a difference, but what about me? I like to be comfy!! Anyone had any insight into that?

Personally, I'd dress up a bit. That said, I don't think it matters what YOU wear. You won't be allowed up to the interview window, only her.

Timeline

I know. But I just HATE to pack more than I really need. I only do carry-on and even then I try to limit what I bring since I have some clothes in the apartment. And I have multiple copies of all the documents just to be on the safe side if they ask for more copies. That weighs a ton as it is!! lol.....but what the heck. I just might throw in the Levis.

I know. But I just HATE to pack more than I really need. I only do carry-on and even then I try to limit what I bring since I have some clothes in the apartment. And I have multiple copies of all the documents just to be on the safe side if they ask for more copies. That weighs a ton as it is!! lol.....but what the heck. I just might throw in the Levis.

How about some tropical weight slacks, or buying a pair there? They do see you even if they don't interview you. Whatever makes your finacee more confident and relaxed might be best. Besides, it does not hurt to show that you respect her wishes. I don't think I would be exaggerating to say that all women appreciate that in a relationship.

Have a good interview!

Thai Mom

Filed: Timeline

Congrats IrishJohn!!!

Timeline

Are you kidding me??....:P

you've gone through all this song and dance red tape

and you want to look like you just walked off the beach?

\This is your big day man..........

Dress for the part.....dress for success...

Its only 2-4 hours sitting there........in the AC yet.

First impression means everything.

Buy a pair of chinos or something. wear them on the plane so not to fit in the bag....

when youre done, if the weight is too much for your luggage, give them to somebody.......:)

Timeline

You crack me up, Birch-Beer!!!! I have a few pairs of Dockers and have worn them before when I was in first class.....only because I was still married to an Am Airlines employee and flew as employee spouse and they have a dress code if you fly in business or first. But it was damn hot when I got off that plane in BKK wearing those things!! Of course, just was not used to the heat although I should be since it's hotter than ####### here in NC and I wear them to work with a tie. But I know her impression is more important than mine since they won't interview me but I won't look like a slob.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.