mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have a question. For those of you that were at the embassy in Bangkok with your fiancee for the interview, how many were talked to during the interview process or were you left outside or in a waiting area and never talked to? I plan on being there for the interview so I am curious whether they usually talk to the other person or not. Thanks.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was there for the interview, i went right up to the window with my husband and both the infamous lady at window 5 and the CO spoke to me.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Thanks, KangLang, for that tip. I hope they still let the fiance/spouse make an appearance. I am not even the petitioner nor the beneficiary, and am very anxious about the "unknowns" surrounding the kids interview on the 24th. Best wishes for a successful interview for you, Tom and Wariya.

Thai Mom

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I went to the interview with Rin. The CO spent more time talking to me than he did to her.

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I have a question. For those of you that were at the embassy in Bangkok with your fiancee for the interview, how many were talked to during the interview process or were you left outside or in a waiting area and never talked to? I plan on being there for the interview so I am curious whether they usually talk to the other person or not. Thanks.

well ... i'm under the impression that the embassy no longer allows the petetioners to accompany the fiance' to the window, but i've only recently heard this (and i can't remember where ... maybe in past posts ... maybe somewhere else). also, i had a friend try to accompany a thai for a work visa (just last month) ... and was not allowed up to the window either.

i hope someone can give some recent first hand knowledge.

this might be a good question to email the embassy about.

dvd

Timeline

Thanks all!!! I am not sure the embassy would tell you in an email. I was just wanting to know what people's past experience was. I am hoping we have our interview date when they post the new ones any day now as I am anxious to get back over there to see her since she wanted me to wait and cancel my June trip to save the money and come for the interview so we can settle things up and she can come back with me if all works out well. I am still interested in other people's comments if they were there for the interview to see what is going on now.

Timeline
Thanks all!!! I am not sure the embassy would tell you in an email. I was just wanting to know what people's past experience was. I am hoping we have our interview date when they post the new ones any day now as I am anxious to get back over there to see her since she wanted me to wait and cancel my June trip to save the money and come for the interview so we can settle things up and she can come back with me if all works out well. I am still interested in other people's comments if they were there for the interview to see what is going on now.

Tom,

I was able to attend the interview with my then Fiancee, the CO asked me more questions than my wife :wow: When were were in line, they did separate out applicants for K1/K2/K3s from the applicants for work, tourist or student visas, the non K visa applicants who were accompanied by someone, Only the applicants for nonK visas were inside past the security desk, and the ones who accompanied them were not allowed in and had to wait outside, right before the security desk. This was in 2005 so things may have changed. It would be nice to hear from recent applicants about their experience to get us up-to-date. But so for I haven't heard anything new in regards to the US Embassy not allowing the sponsor/spouse to attend with the K-visa applicant/fiance(e).

Good Luck with you all,

regards,

George

George (USA) 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif and Pocky (Thailand)3dflagsdotcom_thail_2faws.gif

07-20-04 Mailed I-129F to USCIS CSC

07-26-04 NOA1

08-27-04 NOA2

10-18-04 Poc gets medical exam at Bumrungrad, applies for Police Certificate, pays K-1 Visa Fee and turned in DS-230 pt 1 & “checklist”

01-14-05 K-1 Approved

04-06-05 USCIS (Chicago Lockbox) receives AOS Package

04-13-05 Received NOA1s for I-485 & I-131

06-13-05 Received NOA2 for I-485, AOS Interview set for August 2005 at the San Francisco USCIS

08-10-05 AOS approved

08-15-05 Green Card received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well, I was at the Embassy twice in the last few months. ALthough not for our interview.....yet. I can give you a bit of an idea of what I saw. I was there in March for the marriage forms and then in June to inquire about the time length for the police report.

In March, my wife and I went in, past the line where the K interviewers stand in line.

Once inside the gate, there are 4 lines of seats and people stand in line for about 70'. Then they come to the table where there are 3 young Thai girls putting the documents in the right order. By the way, dont bother asking them for any serious pertinent information. They are somewhat clueless.

Off to the left is a line with a post office window where people can pay their fees, if need be. off to the right, up 3-4 steps are 3-5 windows where the interviews are held. I did notice in June that a man accompanied a woman up to the window.

The line was somewhat long outside, but not that bad. I suggest getting there early. 6:30ish is when I personally plan.

Inside the Embassy, is a section to get forms, etc. You go in and in the first room, you go to the far end of the wall and pull your ticket number. There are then 2 windows that are open that they call numbers and go up and find out what to do or where to go. This room is about 15' x 25'. There is a 3rd window that can be closed for questioning.

Past this room is a large room that off to the right is where you pay any fees at a different window. off to the right, the room uopnes up with about 10+ windows for different interviews.

When I was there in June, I was instructed to go to one of these windows and ask about the police report info I requested. I just stood there and waited till the interviewee was finished and butted in. While standing there, a monk was up trying to get a visa and the interviewer was just all business, not messing around and hard core, no BS. I over heard him say something to the effect, "I understand you are under the rules of god, but here n the USA, we work on the rules of man and we have certain guidelines we work by".

Anyway, the woman who helped me was very nice and helpful. She went out of her way and came back 10 minutes later with a form.

When I go back to see my wife in September, we're getting the police report done, even if I dont have the NOA2 yet. I will go back to the Embassy and ask if interviewers are able to attend, and whatever else. I like to go there and take my wife with me. Helps her get familiar with the place and comfortable being inside so she doesnt get too nervous when the interview time comes.

Timeline

I figure our interview will fall end of August, early September. At least that is what I think from what I have seen happening with other people and their interview dates. So I plan on being in BKK in September probably for a month. Thanks for all the good info. I have never been inside the embassy, only past it, so I don't know what goes on inside. I just hope it all goes well when we get there.

My GF has been there before and she said NOT to bring a huge pile of papers as the slot to slide them under at the interview is not that big. I, of course, will come prepared with more than enough to show we have known each other for about 3 years and that I can support her with no problem, although she already has my neighbor and an owner of a Thai restaurant and grocery store wanting her to teach them yoga so that's good for me to keep her busy.

So if anyone has had a very recent trip to the embassy with their fiancee, please let us know if you were talked to, got to go in with the fiancee or what happened.

Timeline
I figure our interview will fall end of August, early September. At least that is what I think from what I have seen happening with other people and their interview dates. So I plan on being in BKK in September probably for a month. Thanks for all the good info. I have never been inside the embassy, only past it, so I don't know what goes on inside. I just hope it all goes well when we get there.

My GF has been there before and she said NOT to bring a huge pile of papers as the slot to slide them under at the interview is not that big. I, of course, will come prepared with more than enough to show we have known each other for about 3 years and that I can support her with no problem, although she already has my neighbor and an owner of a Thai restaurant and grocery store wanting her to teach them yoga so that's good for me to keep her busy.

So if anyone has had a very recent trip to the embassy with their fiancee, please let us know if you were talked to, got to go in with the fiancee or what happened.

Tom,

If the process is still the same as when I went. After you enter and get passed the security checkpoint, go up the 2-5 concrete steps/stairway and head straight through the double door and go inside to window #5. I believe the lines outside (after the security checkpoint and before the double doors) are for non K visas .

If it has changed someone please correct me, thanks!

Regards,

George

George (USA) 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif and Pocky (Thailand)3dflagsdotcom_thail_2faws.gif

07-26-04 NOA1

08-27-04 NOA2

10-18-04 Poc gets medical exam at Bumrungrad, applies for Police Certificate, pays K-1 Visa Fee and turned in DS-230 pt 1 & “checklist”

01-14-05 K-1 Approved

06-13-05 Received NOA2 for I-485, AOS Interview set for August 2005 at the San Francisco USCIS

08-10-05 AOS approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Tom,

If the process is still the same as when I went. After you enter and get passed the security checkpoint, go up the 2-5 concrete steps/stairway and head straight through the double door and go inside to window #5. I believe the lines outside (after the security checkpoint and before the double doors) are for non K visas .

Regards,

George

You are correct. Ignore the outside lines (both the one outside the embassy and the one after security - we got there at 7:30 am and the outside line was 60+ people long; I went to talk with the security sitting at the front of the line and they were moving all K-1 and K-3's to the front of the line). Once past security, go up the concrete steps near the soda machine (to the left of the outside windows). Once inside, go to window 4, 5, or 6 (on left wall once inside) and tell them you are there for a fiancee' or spouse visa. They will take your paperwork, sort through it, and hand back anything they don't need. Then have a seat and wait for your fiancee's name to be called (in our case two hours later).

John

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Timeline

Tom,

Regards,

George

You are correct. Ignore the outside lines (both the one outside the embassy and the one after security - we got there at 7:30 am and the outside line was 60+ people long; I went to talk with the security sitting at the front of the line and they were moving all K-1 and K-3's to the front of the line). Once past security, go up the concrete steps near the soda machine (to the left of the outside windows). Once inside, go to window 4, 5, or 6 (on left wall once inside) and tell them you are there for a fiancee' or spouse visa. They will take your paperwork, sort through it, and hand back anything they don't need. Then have a seat and wait for your fiancee's name to be called (in our case two hours later).

John

I also forgot to add, my wife's appointment was scheduled for 7am or 8am, but we had waited in line outside starting about 530am....we finished and were out the US Embassy by 9am :dance:

If interested here is the link to the Consulate experience I had written way back :

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.p...and&page=15

Regards,

George

07-26-04 NOA1

08-27-04 NOA2

01-14-05 K-1 Approved

08-10-05 AOS approved

good news L.A.M! one less thing to worry about. CONGRATS

Edited by Kang Lang

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Great news Littleasianman! Almost finished now.... :dance:

“A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.”

~George Jean Nathan~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.