mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Hi-

I have a quick question for any of you whose fiancee has recently been to their medical interview in Bangkok or Chiang Mai... Do you know exactly which vaccinations they were required to get (aside from the HPV one, my fiance is a guy so that won't apply!)??? From what I've found and based on his age (32), I think he's going to need to get Tdap, MMR, and Varicella, but I'm trying to confirm that so that we can get started on the series and maybe even complete them by the time he has to go to his medical interview. Any help would be appreciated! Your fiancees should have been given a copy of the sheet that lists their vaccinations after they had their medical...

Congrats to all those recently approved and traveling to the States! We hope to be not too far behind you all!!!

-Jessica

2008.03.26 - I-129F Sent from Thailand to VSC via UPS

2008.03.31 - I-129F Received @ VSC, Signed by "Scott"

2008.03.31 - NOA1 Issued

2008.04.02 - Check cashed

2008.04.03 - Touch

2008.04.10 - NOA1 Hard copies received (TWO of them!)

2008.04.22 - Touch

2008.04.23 - Touch

2008.07.07 - Medical (We just can't stand the wait! Need to get something done!!)

2008.07.14 - NOA2 (Received notice by email)

2008.07.16 - NVC Received (Estimated)

2008.07.18 - NVC Sent to Consulate

2008.07.24 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received by mail

2008.xx.xx - Consulate Received (Bangkok)

2008.xx.xx - Packet 3 Received

2008.xx.xx - Packet 3 Sent

2008.xx.xx - Packet 4 Received

2008.xx.xx - Interview Date

2008.xx.xx - Visa Received!!! :)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hmm, this is interesting. The Packet 3 form online has been updated. The one I had previously downloaded (and just recently had signed and mailed off) is different than the current one.

Anyone know when this change took place.

So far the biggest difference I see is they no longer want the I-134, the new one wants an I-864. I haven't gone through the whole thing yet, but if you haven't submitted your packet 3, but you've download the form, you might want to make sure you have the most current one:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/packet3iv.pdf

Timeline

Ooops, I'm a bonehead. The "new" packet-3 is the standard packet 3, there's a different link for the K Visa Packet 3 which is the same as what I had before. Sorry for the false alarm.

But I figure I will confirm with everyone here:

1. K Visa's submit a I-134 still, correct?

2. The Visa fee for K applicants is still only $131, correct?

Also, where on the Embassy is the text that says the Police Certificate should be provided free? I don't see any mention of cost. Also, I thought I had read somewhere my fiance needs to bring a certain size photo to the police office in Bangkok for the certificate. Is that correct? What is the size? I assume she just needs that, her id, and her house registration?

Ooops, I'm a bonehead. The "new" packet-3 is the standard packet 3, there's a different link for the K Visa Packet 3 which is the same as what I had before. Sorry for the false alarm.

But I figure I will confirm with everyone here:

1. K Visa's submit a I-134 still, correct?

2. The Visa fee for K applicants is still only $131, correct?

Also, where on the Embassy is the text that says the Police Certificate should be provided free? I don't see any mention of cost. Also, I thought I had read somewhere my fiance needs to bring a certain size photo to the police office in Bangkok for the certificate. Is that correct? What is the size? I assume she just needs that, her id, and her house registration?

I gave a notarized I-134 with a letter from my employer and copy of my passport to my girl,

She went to the post office and paid $131 for the visa.

For the Police record I think my girl paid 2000 baht, and just needs to bring a 2 visa or passport photo 2inch by 2inch size, original and copy of her passport,id card, household registration, name change certificate if any and divorce papers if any. You can see the Police Certificate instructions in the packet 3 website.

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

06/07/07 - I-129F Mailed.

01/10/08 - NOA2 hard copy received

01/18/08 - NVC forward to BKK Embassy

02/12/08 - Police records obtained

03/01/08 - Mailed Packet 3 back via EMS mail.

04/02/08 - Packet 4 received

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/03/08 - Interview PASSED!!

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

11/17/08 - AOS Packet Mailed.

11/19/08 - Packet delivered.

12/01/08 - NOA received for EAD and AOS dated 11/26

01/06/09 - Placed SR for no Biometric.

01/10/09 - Biometric 01/23/09

02/23/09 - EAD card received

03/23/09 - AOS interview 04/22/09

04/22/09 - Interview AOS approved!

05/04/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

04/18/11 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Hi-

I have a quick question for any of you whose fiancee has recently been to their medical interview in Bangkok or Chiang Mai... Do you know exactly which vaccinations they were required to get (aside from the HPV one, my fiance is a guy so that won't apply!)??? From what I've found and based on his age (32), I think he's going to need to get Tdap, MMR, and Varicella, but I'm trying to confirm that so that we can get started on the series and maybe even complete them by the time he has to go to his medical interview. Any help would be appreciated! Your fiancees should have been given a copy of the sheet that lists their vaccinations after they had their medical...

Congrats to all those recently approved and traveling to the States! We hope to be not too far behind you all!!!

-Jessica

I think if he doesn't know what vaccine he have taken already they will give him the standard required shots. The cost should be about 3000 baht for the shots and medical exams.

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

06/07/07 - I-129F Mailed.

01/10/08 - NOA2 hard copy received

01/18/08 - NVC forward to BKK Embassy

02/12/08 - Police records obtained

03/01/08 - Mailed Packet 3 back via EMS mail.

04/02/08 - Packet 4 received

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/03/08 - Interview PASSED!!

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

11/17/08 - AOS Packet Mailed.

11/19/08 - Packet delivered.

12/01/08 - NOA received for EAD and AOS dated 11/26

01/06/09 - Placed SR for no Biometric.

01/10/09 - Biometric 01/23/09

02/23/09 - EAD card received

03/23/09 - AOS interview 04/22/09

04/22/09 - Interview AOS approved!

05/04/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

04/18/11 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Filed: Timeline
Hi-

-Jessica

I think if he doesn't know what vaccine he have taken already they will give him the standard required shots. The cost should be about 3000 baht for the shots and medical exams.

marryme,

Your fiance paid 2000 for the police report?? Why did she pay this fine? It's free. I hope they didn't scam your fiance. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi-

-Jessica

marryme,

Your fiance paid 2000 for the police report?? Why did she pay this fine? It's free. I hope they didn't scam your fiance. :(

Hi All

Still waiting for NOA2.

Read the "Special Instructions for Thai Applicants" found on the Embassy Website.

Can someone post the link?

Thanks

George

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

What should be done if the police certificate will not be ready at the time of the interview? The police sent my fiancée her police certificate, but she never received it. The police told her that it was sent express and was signed for this past Monday, but the individual at her condo who receives the mail can not locate it. I have not spoken to her yet just had some offline messages on Yahoo concerning this. I am not sure if the police can expedite a new one or what the embassy will do. She has her interview on June 16th.

Cheers,

Alvin

“A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.”

~George Jean Nathan~

Timeline

The police told her that they could not get her a new one until June 20th....

“A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.”

~George Jean Nathan~

Timeline
The police told her that they could not get her a new one until June 20th....

That sucks. I'd give the mail lady a day or two more to find the letter. If not, then you'll have to decide which is better, calling/emailing the embassy and asking for the interview to be pushed back, or going to the interview and getting the equivalent of an RFE at the end of the interview.

Personally I'd ask the embassy for a delay. At least then you've got a solid date to work with instead of going into limbo.

Timeline
Read the "Special Instructions for Thai Applicants" found on the Embassy Website.

I found it shortly after my post last night. I'd been video chatting with my lady and I was talking to her about how many photos she needs. I went into a bit of panic when I couldn't find the information for the police report right away, and when I got done chatting I pulled up that wrong Packet 3 info and that combined with my lack of clear head (it was after my bedtime) caused me to freak out.

Sorry about the posts guys.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I found it shortly after my post last night. I'd been video chatting with my lady and I was talking to her about how many photos she needs. I went into a bit of panic when I couldn't find the information for the police report right away, and when I got done chatting I pulled up that wrong Packet 3 info and that combined with my lack of clear head (it was after my bedtime) caused me to freak out.

Sorry about the posts guys.

We all have been guilty of something similar at one time or another during this process...........just think, your teerak will be here before you know it.

Off to the Thai-Lao market once she is done blow drying her hair. I can get some REAL Thai food today!!!

Timeline
That sucks. I'd give the mail lady a day or two more to find the letter. If not, then you'll have to decide which is better, calling/emailing the embassy and asking for the interview to be pushed back, or going to the interview and getting the equivalent of an RFE at the end of the interview.

Personally I'd ask the embassy for a delay. At least then you've got a solid date to work with instead of going into limbo.

I have emailed the embassy twice and keep getting an automated response that says the same thing. It seems you have put specific items in the subject line so it doesn't get booted to their version of spam blocker. Even putting what they request in the subject line I get the same response. I will keep trying...

Thanks for the info,

Alvin

~George Jean Nathan~

Filed: Timeline

I have emailed the embassy twice and keep getting an automated response that says the same thing. It seems you have put specific items in the subject line so it doesn't get booted to their version of spam blocker. Even putting what they request in the subject line I get the same response. I will keep trying...

Thanks for the info,

Alvin

Alvin,

You need to put the following in the subject line:

You need to first put how nmany inquiries you've made FIRST. for example, 1st IV inquiry or;

<x amt. of inquiries> IV Inquiry <YOUR BNK NUMBER> <BENEFICIARY NAME> (applicant)

So it should basically look like this:

5th IV inquiry BNK20082222222222 Oprah Winfrey (Applicant)

Timeline

So just keeping bugging their inbox till they get tired and respond...

~George Jean Nathan~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.